Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Codex on Nok Drayen contains spoilers for end of chapter 1 (no spoilers within)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Codex on Nok Drayen contains spoilers for end of chapter 1 (no spoilers within)

Rykko
12.22.2011 , 10:01 PM | #1
In what can only be described as an incredibly sloppy piece of work by designer, developer and beta tester alike, a codex entry on Nok Drayen that spoils the ending of chapter 1 appears before you get to play it for yourself.

Even if I've saved you from this disastrous blunder in a story driven game and you don't read it, the mere timing of its appearance is a spoiler for anyone who can put two and two together.

This really is poor QA on BW's part and I can only assume either the people who played smuggler during long-term testing were incredibly stupid or were ignored by a Sith obsessed writing team.
Believing I am "skilled" at video games is central to my confidence and self esteem.

Santaner
12.22.2011 , 11:20 PM | #2
Are you talking about

Spoiler
It is time.

Mkvener
01.07.2012 , 04:06 PM | #3
I just got there myself. It was one of the first Codex entries I read, because I was legitimately curious about the mysterious Nok Draynen, and the whole ending of the quest was laid out. It was really disappointing.

Fatespuppet
01.07.2012 , 04:54 PM | #4
I saw this as well, and was very disappointed. After all of the mystery leading up to the end of chapter 1, I was very sad to see this lore entry before the event it tells you about.

Awakelol
01.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #5
I noticed this as well but I already knew because of another spoiler that happened to me in beta.

Whatever you do, if you don't want any spoilers about the smuggler storyline, DO NOT play a sith warrior.

When you get your first companion Vette even before like level 10, Vette will tell you who Risha really is in a conversation about her past, which completely blew any surprise for the chapter 1 ending for me.

I heard it when I was trying out sith war in beta and wanted to shoot somebody.
(████████████████ΞVENDETTAΞ████████████████)
VENDETTA HEADQUARTERS| WEBSITE l RECUITMENT VIDEO| GUILD THREAD

DingoDroid
02.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #6
Seriously disappointing! After all that work, I didn't see it coming, but by the time he fell out I was like "Yes yes, I know who you are, a magic window told me so"

The codex even goes on to spoil what I imagine is the rest of Act I

Grimgrey
02.09.2012 , 12:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DingoDroid View Post
Seriously disappointing! After all that work, I didn't see it coming, but by the time he fell out I was like "Yes yes, I know who you are, a magic window told me so"

The codex even goes on to spoil what I imagine is the rest of Act I
I had the same annoyance at that point - I habitually read codex entries when they pop up. I wasn't expecting the codex to spoil the next couple of plot twists!

DingoDroid
02.09.2012 , 07:00 PM | #8
Annoying that it's probably been mentioned before and known about for quite a while.

Simple fix. Enable the codex entry at the end of Act 1

Yamirashi
05.19.2012 , 04:14 PM | #9
I was just coming to post about this. This is very poorly done. I was getting very suspicious about what all was going on, the quest name "Frozen Demon" and then quest objective to "Deliver the Frozen Man" and then this Codex entry pops up and basically ruins the whole end of the story... I think I've seen another Codex entry pop up like that. This REALLY should have been given AFTER the conclusion of this quest or something. This should have never been done.

bright_ephemera
05.19.2012 , 10:03 PM | #10
I had forgotten about this! I hit it back in December and was disappointed at how much surprise plot information it gave away.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.