Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Character Wipes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Octom
02.25.2014 , 06:11 PM | #31
Why is the PTS transfer history only accessible from the character transfer page and the character transfer history only accessible from the PTS character copy page?
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamChattaway View Post
doe snot
No referral link for you. I don't want you to subscribe to this 'game'. I don't want you to play it at all. I want you to go away from this broken mess that will never be fixed and find something else.

TravelersWay
02.26.2014 , 12:03 PM | #32
It's a shame that the potential of the PTS has been wasted. I hopped on when it first became available and was excited to see all the people testing when 1.2 and 1.3 were released. Then BW just killed any chance it had after that.

If you are going to run a Public Test Realm, then you need to ensure said realm has a dedicated community willing to play on that server. It essentially has to be a server just like any live server (with the exception, of course, that it is always one or two patches/updates ahead of the live servers). Many other games have dedicated communities on there test servers because those players use the "PTS" as their "main" server - it's where they "live" in game. The problem here is that BW did not allow the PTS to become a "regular" server in which people play the game just as they would on the live servers.

Like I said, if they are not going to foster a regular community on the PTS, they should just get rid of it permanently and just follow the type of schedule they did for GSF whenever possible.
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons
Bidding a fond farewell to all my forum friends and enemies alike, as well as to all my in game pals - c ya in the next great adventure!

bannsider
02.26.2014 , 12:08 PM | #33
People complaining about the server not being a "proper" server anymore amuses me.

Back pre character copying,. I created a new commando on the PTS, got to the Rep fleet and was the only person online. Man what an experience and community Bioware purged!

Copied chars brought up to date in line with the very newest content (ie having the best gear in the current game) is the proper way to run a PTS imo and Bioware are correct on this.

TravelersWay
02.26.2014 , 12:40 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by bannsider View Post
People complaining about the server not being a "proper" server anymore amuses me.

Back pre character copying,. I created a new commando on the PTS, got to the Rep fleet and was the only person online. Man what an experience and community Bioware purged!

Copied chars brought up to date in line with the very newest content (ie having the best gear in the current game) is the proper way to run a PTS imo and Bioware are correct on this.
Again, that's because BW never let a community develop nor offer enough incentive for people to spend time on it. The proper way to run a PTS is to have the environment mirror the live environment except for being (as I said) 1-2 patches ahead of the live environment for the testing purposes. In fact, that is recommended SOP in the tech industry. So no, BW is not correct on this as they cannot truly properly test any of the content they have on the PTS without a regular community there to do it, as your very anecdote points out.
Level Syncing Compromise
Bidding a fond farewell to all my forum friends and enemies alike, as well as to all my in game pals - c ya in the next great adventure!

Joesixxpack
02.26.2014 , 12:46 PM | #35
It's debatable how much of a PTS it is anyway. Demo server might be a more accurate label.

I'm good with the change, my sole PTS toon is outdated and not very relevant to what's expected with 2.7.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

TravelersWay
02.26.2014 , 01:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
It's debatable how much of a PTS it is anyway. Demo server might be a more accurate label.

I'm good with the change, my sole PTS toon is outdated and not very relevant to what's expected with 2.7.
I would have to agree with you on that, since nearly every bug that was discovered on PTS still made it live. I recall only one time where they actually delayed content to live because of issues discovered on the PTS.

However, I am in the opposite boat as my PTS toons were more advanced than any on live because I actually did testing on PTS - which includes testing how class and skill changes affect more than just the newest OP, FP, or WZ (again the base purpose of testing), and ensuring that changes to one aspect of the game did not create a bug in another aspect (again, things that happen with regularity in every game and were seen here as well).
Level Syncing Compromise

Joesixxpack
02.26.2014 , 01:24 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
However, I am in the opposite boat as my PTS toons were more advanced than any on live because I actually did testing on PTS - which includes testing how class and skill changes affect more than just the newest OP, FP, or WZ (again the base purpose of testing), and ensuring that changes to one aspect of the game did not create a bug in another aspect (again, things that happen with regularity in every game and were seen here as well).
That is indeed a drag.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE