Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Character Wipes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HoloTweed
02.12.2014 , 11:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
What about those of us whom tested before 1.3 and still have those characters on the PTS? I'm just saying... because we used to have a thriving community on the server before you screwed us over back then.
You can't get "screwed over' on the Test Server. It is made for testing only... anyone who tries to stake a permanent residence there is just setting themselves up for a major disappointment and has no one else to blame.

Maestrodomus
02.12.2014 , 12:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
You can't get "screwed over' on the Test Server. It is made for testing only... anyone who tries to stake a permanent residence there is just setting themselves up for a major disappointment and has no one else to blame.
Yeah, it's funny how people don't quite understand the nature of a Test Server.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Falver
02.12.2014 , 12:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
This. You're not meant to be living on the PTS people.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Chemmie
02.12.2014 , 12:31 PM | #14
When is this happening as to...
When should we transfer our new characters so we don't get caught in a rush?

Thanks looking forward to it
www.TorCommunity.com

"Chemayla's SWTOR Styles" is now part of the TorCommunity fansite check us out there.

fushnchips
02.12.2014 , 12:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone!

I wanted to give you all a heads up that with every major Game Update, starting with Game Update 2.7, we will be wiping all characters on the Public Test Server. To get the best information we can from the PTS, we want characters to be freshly copied and as up-to-date as possible.

Instructions on how to copy your character will be included in every PTS blog, and will be available on the PTS forums.

Thanks!

- Tait
Damm I will lose my 4 billion credits I am coming to take all your money from the live server Tait

dscount
02.12.2014 , 01:00 PM | #16
TEST Servers are for.. TESTING.... LOL

Makes sense to me to WIPE & RELOAD. After all how can they get a good idea of how changes in the next release are going to be impacted w/o testing on a fresh load. (Lots of leftover strange things on OLD migrated accounts).

Maybe our CARGO holds will work this time and we don't get 60 emails again. LOL
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Ruuhk
02.12.2014 , 01:34 PM | #17
I have a Smuggler that I created and leveled to finish Alderaan (ACT 2) for the solo purpose of getting the 'Cutting Edge' Achievement.

As of last PTS access, I still had not received my Title on my Live server. Nice to know all that hard work is going to be wiped away. Any news on a fix for that pre-wipe?
Ruhk - Assassin <COBRA> P'ruhk - Sage <Republic Gentlemen>
S'ruhk - Marauder <COBRA> T'ruhk - Gunslinger <Republic Gentlemen>
B'ruhk - Powertech <COBRA> H'ruhk - Guardian <Republic Gentlemen>
Ruhkira - Operative <COBRA> Q'ruhk - Commando <Republic Gentlemen>

AlixMV
02.12.2014 , 01:43 PM | #18
What about the characters that only exist on the test server?

I rolled a couple characters there back before transfers were available, that I've been leveling when the PTS is up in order to test content that is other than max level. Will those now vanish entirely, never to return (since they can't be transferred back)?
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Annifryd
Ni'rys'hyl ~ Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Ruuhk
02.12.2014 , 05:34 PM | #19
Maybe they can transfer my PTS character to live.. save my effort! :P

I'd really just be happy with the Title I work for.
Ruhk - Assassin <COBRA> P'ruhk - Sage <Republic Gentlemen>
S'ruhk - Marauder <COBRA> T'ruhk - Gunslinger <Republic Gentlemen>
B'ruhk - Powertech <COBRA> H'ruhk - Guardian <Republic Gentlemen>
Ruhkira - Operative <COBRA> Q'ruhk - Commando <Republic Gentlemen>

dipstik
02.12.2014 , 06:23 PM | #20
I had a level 4 trooper still on pts from closed beta (all the servers except 1 were down so i rolled a character there until the other servers were up), that i leveled to 50 for 1.2 testing. It would be nice if i could keep that one. i dont care about the rest.

i like the idea of getting to copy my character to live server (you can empty the cargo bays, remove all my money and schematics), as long as i can kjeep the name if it isnt taken on the live server.