Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Better looking blaster rifles.


Machshoot's Avatar


Machshoot
02.12.2014 , 08:33 AM | #1
Is it just me or are most(if not all) the blaster rifles in this game horrible looking? I have a 55 Operative and one of the hardest things has been finding a blaster rifle that I actually like. I used the collapsible bowcaster for most of the 1-55 grind, and I am currently using the Obroans rifle, but none of them have peaked my interest.

I am no expert on TOR lore or armor, so I was wondering if any of you guys had some examples or suggestions to contribute to this thread that would be great on the CM.

I am planning on leveling a Vanguard as my next alt, however the thought of having to find another blaster rifle makes me cringe.

Rhalius's Avatar


Rhalius
02.12.2014 , 10:08 AM | #2
Haven't found a nice one yet.. the primordeal sniper and pistol are fantastic looking because they fit right into the movies, but the primordeal rifle doesnt look too great.

I gues it would fit in, but the design just isnt as nice.
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
02.12.2014 , 11:10 AM | #3
it's all a matter of opinion. The simpler the better IMO. The level 20 "custom made" crafted weapons are good enough for me.

DeadpoolCorp's Avatar


DeadpoolCorp
02.12.2014 , 12:25 PM | #4
I'm using the red reaper blaster rifle at the moment. I'm having the same problem finding a good sniper rifle.
"Open-world PVP is our end game" - [PL]
- God forgives.... PL does not-

JediRelentless's Avatar


JediRelentless
02.12.2014 , 12:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Machshoot View Post
Is it just me or are most(if not all) the blaster rifles in this game horrible looking? I have a 55 Operative and one of the hardest things has been finding a blaster rifle that I actually like. I used the collapsible bowcaster for most of the 1-55 grind, and I am currently using the Obroans rifle, but none of them have peaked my interest.

I am no expert on TOR lore or armor, so I was wondering if any of you guys had some examples or suggestions to contribute to this thread that would be great on the CM.

I am planning on leveling a Vanguard as my next alt, however the thought of having to find another blaster rifle makes me cringe.
Telling BW you want better looking rifles is too vague. Be more specific about what you dislike about the ones in the game, what changes you would make or try to post a link to some pics of weapons that are more appealing to you.

Machshoot's Avatar


Machshoot
02.12.2014 , 08:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
Telling BW you want better looking rifles is too vague. Be more specific about what you dislike about the ones in the game, what changes you would make or try to post a link to some pics of weapons that are more appealing to you.
That's why I asked for suggestions from people, as to specific looking blasters from this time period, as I'm not an expert in the EU.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
02.13.2014 , 02:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadpoolCorp View Post
I'm using the red reaper blaster rifle at the moment. I'm having the same problem finding a good sniper rifle.
I use this: X-52 Wraith Infiltrator
waiting for ...

Blowwtorch's Avatar


Blowwtorch
02.13.2014 , 05:52 AM | #8
http://www.torhead.com/item/gOichq/e...or#screenshots I use this. You can buy it from the Specialty Goods vendor on Tatooine for about 10000 Credits.

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
02.13.2014 , 08:20 AM | #9
DLA-13 Heavy Blaster

Best looking blaster rifle ingame, from the Blockade Runnerís Cartel pack.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

JediRelentless's Avatar


JediRelentless
02.13.2014 , 11:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Machshoot View Post
That's why I asked for suggestions from people, as to specific looking blasters from this time period, as I'm not an expert in the EU.
You could at least tell them what you don't like in the current weapons.
Pick a weapon in the game and tell BW what kind of changes would make that weapon more appealing to you
You can use references outside of Star Wars to suggest the kind of weapon design you want in this game. You don't have to be an EU expert. Maybe post a pic of a weapon used in another game, a movie or a gun from the real world.
The creators of Star Wars stuff are always inspired by stuff outside of Star Wars.