Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credits

dermitni
02.12.2014 , 03:14 AM | #1
Plain and simple, please add credits as directly purchasable item to the cartel market, for example at a rate of 1.000 credits per CC, so we could for example buy 2.4 million credits for 2.400 CC or the "Rockefeller Pack" for 14.000 CC with 14 million credits.

The reasoning is simple: Some people (like myself) just don't have the time to do dailies each and every day in order to earn ~500k credits per day; I just have more money to spend than time; the latter is much more valuable to me. Currently, I spend money on hypercrates, wait a few days for the unlock, then sell their packs at ~500k credits each on the GTN, so there is already a legitimate way to "buy" credits (before someone comes yelling "p2w!"), but it is just soooo tedious...
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Nivek_Sivad
02.12.2014 , 09:27 AM | #2
No, this will probably never be added. If it did, it would be a factor to ruin the game. What would be the point of hard work if you could just save some real life money up, and buy credits? I haven't done a single daily in MONTHS, and I have four million credits on my main character, and a million on my Republic main.

What I did, was work the GTN. Simply buy Cartel Coins, purchase the most recent Cartel pack( For now, that is Galactic Ace), buy as much as you can, which I buy in bulk, so two hypercrates, and sell what'cha get. Not only is this fast, but it is easy, if you have the money to do it.

Machshoot
02.12.2014 , 09:31 AM | #3
No, just no.

This has been brought up over and over again, it's a terrible idea, always has and always will.

branmakmuffin
02.12.2014 , 10:01 AM | #4
Clearly the OP's time is not all that valuable or he wouldn't be playing a computer game in the first place.

JediRelentless
02.12.2014 , 01:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Clearly the OP's time is not all that valuable or he wouldn't be playing a computer game in the first place.
I guess that says a lot about yourself too, huh?

OP, buy CM packs to sell on the GTN. That's the best indirect way to turn real money into credits. It's much better for the in game economy than the suggestion you made.

Glorthox
02.12.2014 , 08:18 PM | #6
Don't blame the OP, A lot of things on the GTN are priced well over 1 million credits. And most people have a life outside of this game and seriously don't have the time. The packs do drop sometimes credits. I had one give 100k credits, however, that was only one pack out of 8.

rynlath
02.12.2014 , 09:41 PM | #7
lol you realize that if you could buy coins in the CM the prices on GTN would just go up to adjust to the ease of gaining coins, obviously someone has never paid attention to history or more importantly economics. Anyone.....Anyone....Anyone.....

dermitni
02.13.2014 , 04:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
OP, buy CM packs to sell on the GTN. That's the best indirect way to turn real money into credits. It's much better for the in game economy than the suggestion you made.
Thanks, besides buying Armored Varactyls and selling them for 2.5 million credits each, that's what I already do; but I'd like a less time-consuming and economy-dependant way to get credits through the Cartel Market.

So, indirectly, like I wrote in the OP, there already is a way to transform cash into credits, so all the talk about this being bad for the game is moot -- it's already there, just in a not as direct way as I suggest.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard

dermitni
02.13.2014 , 04:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
Don't blame the OP, A lot of things on the GTN are priced well over 1 million credits. And most people have a life outside of this game and seriously don't have the time. The packs do drop sometimes credits. I had one give 100k credits, however, that was only one pack out of 8.
Exactly! Most prices in the GTN are just ridiculous.

Daewan
02.13.2014 , 11:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Exactly! Most prices in the GTN are just ridiculous.
And if people could just buy credits with real money, the prices would be even more ridiculous. It's not like adding more credits would make the high-ticket items less valuable or more common. They would still be rare, sought-after items, and would be priced accordingly. So your suggestion will make the problem much, much worse. That's why all the people around you keep saying it is a bad idea. Either you stop wanting things that everyone else wants and is willing to pay millions for, or you start saving up money to buy the items you want. Asking for shortcuts isn't going to solve the problem.
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Addict
KeÁrye Legacy, <Black Star Society>/<Intrepid Adventurers>
Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B
Have you seen Theron Shan?
I Return, Hoping that I will not be Deceived by my Choice of Sacrifice.