Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bombers have ruined everthing that was GSF!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Bombers have ruined everthing that was GSF!!

Kaivers
02.23.2014 , 04:55 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post

In Deathmatches, Bombers' mines and turrets are a Gunny's best friend. A good Bomber will set up a defensible area for Gunnys to park in, providing us with stationary cover while we engage the bad guys. It's nice to GET that sort of dedicated cover...asking a Scout or a Strike to fly cover for you is basically telling a three-year old they can't go play with the other kids. It's no fun for them, and you feel bad doing it, too.

I don't hate Bombers. I will agree they require little to no skill due to AI mechanics. And my fiancee loathes them. They've definitely changed the landscape of how we fly, though.
Gunships benefited the most from the introduction of bombers, from both an offensive and defensive standpoint. This is extremely puzzling to me because before 2.6 Gunships were topping the charts in almost everything without the need for stationary cover and easy drone/bomber kills .

Lytewraith
02.23.2014 , 05:38 AM | #82
All I can say is WOW

Where to even start on this post is rediculas in itself. As a very effective pilot in any ship and master of a few I can tell ya. Going head on aginst the bomber is not going to win the fight ifyou do not have a emp.
The bomber class no matter which one is a tough cookie.It takes team work to accomplish anything in gsf especially if a bomber is guarding it but it is not impossible. If you work together as a team it is very easy to over come them.
first off you forget this is a team sport not a solo.
here is the trick for those who have not figured it out yet ill explain how to win in detail.

you need a few different ships in your squad and guys it is squads not solo
scout emp for fast cap and also provides missle lock proof for 3 secs and emps stop systems and engines so no systems no abilities includeing the drone drop and the conc mine
gunship aoe ion 25% min on ion charge up and it stops people dead in there tracks and prevents power and getaways and kills the drnes andmines the best because aoe is awesome
pike with emp missle and protorps for those pesky gun ships 11.5km rang a must have and 7700 m emp for mines or drones and ofcoarse no system or shield abilty hmm lets tink if they cant shift power to shieldsthey die very easy.
and ofcoarse your friendly nebiorhood bomber pilot on a warrcarrier of coarse the other one is a joke for distracting power

you guys are making it to easy to be taken to the cleaners when you stragle in with no idea or tactics. No matter what you are flying if you don't have a clue and tactic's you are going to fail that is why well organized and cordnated groups and players are allways going to win no matter what they are flying

bombers are not the problem it is throwing yourself at a wall over and over again thinking that is going to work
that is the definition of defeat but hey if you feel the need to feed the free points we will defintly take them and yes I am flying a combination of ships depending on what is needed in the match at any given time you must learn to act ad adapt faster of be cannon fodder I don't care anymore you can qq all you wantbut its not going to change anything you are still going to lose no matter what you fly unless you relize thereis allways a way to win you just have to find it and remember every ship in the gsf game can die

Phatbeard
02.23.2014 , 10:03 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Lytewraith View Post
All I can say is WOW

Where to even start on this post is rediculas in itself. As a very effective pilot in any ship and master of a few I can tell ya. Going head on aginst the bomber is not going to win the fight ifyou do not have a emp.
The bomber class no matter which one is a tough cookie.It takes team work to accomplish anything in gsf especially if a bomber is guarding it but it is not impossible. If you work together as a team it is very easy to over come them.
first off you forget this is a team sport not a solo.
here is the trick for those who have not figured it out yet ill explain how to win in detail.

you need a few different ships in your squad and guys it is squads not solo
scout emp for fast cap and also provides missle lock proof for 3 secs and emps stop systems and engines so no systems no abilities includeing the drone drop and the conc mine
gunship aoe ion 25% min on ion charge up and it stops people dead in there tracks and prevents power and getaways and kills the drnes andmines the best because aoe is awesome
pike with emp missle and protorps for those pesky gun ships 11.5km rang a must have and 7700 m emp for mines or drones and ofcoarse no system or shield abilty hmm lets tink if they cant shift power to shieldsthey die very easy.
and ofcoarse your friendly nebiorhood bomber pilot on a warrcarrier of coarse the other one is a joke for distracting power

you guys are making it to easy to be taken to the cleaners when you stragle in with no idea or tactics. No matter what you are flying if you don't have a clue and tactic's you are going to fail that is why well organized and cordnated groups and players are allways going to win no matter what they are flying

bombers are not the problem it is throwing yourself at a wall over and over again thinking that is going to work
that is the definition of defeat but hey if you feel the need to feed the free points we will defintly take them and yes I am flying a combination of ships depending on what is needed in the match at any given time you must learn to act ad adapt faster of be cannon fodder I don't care anymore you can qq all you wantbut its not going to change anything you are still going to lose no matter what you fly unless you relize thereis allways a way to win you just have to find it and remember every ship in the gsf game can die
I'd like to buy "punctuation" for $500, Alex.

SlimsPicken
02.23.2014 , 03:42 PM | #84
The whole meta has changed for sure.

I dont think its quite as fun as before, but then again, what was fun for me before 2.6 was flying my scouts- which were admittedly king of the hill in the early game.

I still have fun, but tend to have more fun in different ships than i used to have fun in.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Oticus
02.23.2014 , 04:49 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Lytewraith View Post
All I can say is WOW

Where to even start on this post is rediculas in itself. "text"
to find it and remember every ship in the gsf game can die
Elitism much? There is always at least one post like your in every thread and I can almost guarantee you run with a four person group on vent or TS. Fact is, if your team has two bombers vs none on the other, not only do you have a guaranteed win, but you will have a hard time finding ships to kill as they are usually killed by turrets before they even get in range from their capitol ship. I have played a bomber and it is stupidly easy to hold an objective and rack up kills. All your counters etc... require a lot more skill and specialization of ships then needed for any other ship in the game. I would say I am a fairly decent player and even with all your counters and a decent team I have found that winning against a bomber heavy group is not possible (even if they are mediocre players with low upgrades). I cant say that about any other class of ship. So yes I feel that they need to be definitely toned down in their turret damage and their survivability

Ravenschild
02.24.2014 , 01:23 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Oticus View Post
Elitism much? There is always at least one post like your in every thread and I can almost guarantee you run with a four person group on vent or TS. Fact is, if your team has two bombers vs none on the other, not only do you have a guaranteed win, but you will have a hard time finding ships to kill as they are usually killed by turrets before they even get in range from their capitol ship. I have played a bomber and it is stupidly easy to hold an objective and rack up kills. All your counters etc... require a lot more skill and specialization of ships then needed for any other ship in the game. I would say I am a fairly decent player and even with all your counters and a decent team I have found that winning against a bomber heavy group is not possible (even if they are mediocre players with low upgrades). I cant say that about any other class of ship. So yes I feel that they need to be definitely toned down in their turret damage and their survivability
Not elitism at all. Yes at times I do run 4 man with VOC (and yes I know I am not the guy you originally responded to but this needed to be addressed) mostly I do not. I( also fly both factions and have no issue swapping toons if one side is rolling the other.Fact is if the other side has 2 bombers and you have multiple strike fighters said bombers are hosed if the strikes have EMP missiles. Worse if they have EMP and Ion missiles. I fly bomber,scout and strike. I do fairly well and the turrets do not do my killing when I am guarding a satellite on a bomber. EMP missl;es tend to mess with every ship. It isnt specialized at all. If the group is bomber heavy (not the 2 you said earlier) then the other team is going to cap since it is the slowest ship in the game even with the maxed engines. I have also used gunships to target the bombers from a distance (again a fairly simple strategy) since when the bomber dies so does all the drones mines etc. I was in a game where most of the team was flying bombers on the other side. We triple capped by getting there first (even with the gunships) used emp missiles to nullify the other teams abilities and yes we had one bomber that mostly used his repair drone for relaoding of missles. Basically he was the GSF equivalent of a logistics frigate. We held the triple cap and won rather easily. Also that game was all pugs and no VOC (TS,Vent etc). Several people are now using raidcall for a dedicated GSF VOC available to everyone on GSF in their faction on their server since its free. Something also to think about since this game does not not have VOC on its own.
If you get hurt,hurt them back.If you get killed,walk it off
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Skaya (Sage)| Dar'gai (Gunslinger)| Gliocas (Sorcerer)| Murphys Law (Sorcerer
Ebon Hawk

Paelo
02.24.2014 , 02:15 PM | #87
I can't believe this is a serious thread

A well placed ion missile will typically wipe out all the mines in an area the bomber is trying to control, not to mention virtually wreck even upgraded drones. Drones are annoying, but they are far from game breaking.

Bombers have been a God send to gsf as they have broken up what used to be nothing more than a Gunship fest. At least now you actually see a more even spread of ships being used, particularly as more players are becoming adept at using scouts and strike fighters to counter bombers.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

QuinMantha
02.24.2014 , 04:59 PM | #88
He's allowed to not like them despite the countermeasures involved.

The original trinity of Scout-Strike-Gunny is gone now, and it used to be nice to have a three-pointed rock-paper-scissors dynamic going on. Now, with Bombers, it's like a fourth option has been wedged in there.

Again, as a Gunny, I've benefited from people flying Bombers, so I can navigate that wedge with less difficulty than Bael, who flies Scouts.
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

Armonddd
02.24.2014 , 05:09 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post
The original trinity of Scout-Strike-Gunny is gone now, and it used to be nice to have a three-pointed rock-paper-scissors dynamic going on. Now, with Bombers, it's like a fourth option has been wedged in there.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true.

Pre-patch, it was more like, scout beats strike, gunship beats strike, unskilled gunship gimps scout, skilled scout pops gunship. Now it's more like, scout beats strike, gunship gimps scout, gunship gimps strike, gunship gimps bomber, smart scout/strike pops gunship, bomber explodes bad scout/strike, smart scout/strike whittles away at bomber, flawless bomber AI blows up some poor schmuck, bomber makes satellite unflippable.

...Did I miss anything?
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

QuinMantha
02.24.2014 , 05:20 PM | #90
Uh, yeah, one thing.

Me still being on top of the rankings unless the pilots I really respect came out to play.
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler