Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bombers have ruined everthing that was GSF!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Bombers have ruined everthing that was GSF!!

Applejacxs
02.12.2014 , 12:17 AM | #11
Huh? O i am sorry you must mean gunships....

BrianDavion
02.12.2014 , 12:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugaidh View Post
AGREED!! ^^
I was just in a match about 10 minutes ago and I was in a match against an eight-man team. FOUR of those ships were bombers. For one bomber, even one that is hardly upgraded I might add, to come in and hold a satellite all by himself against four attackers is ridiculous.

Oh, and let's not forget the 'hiding the drone inside your ship' bs. If it wasn't bad enough the devs have made it so one can actually fly inside turrets. Now one can actually fly up to a ally drone/mine and it's virtually INSIDE their ship, because that is super realistic.

I mainly fly a scout but I have a fully loaded gunship as well. I got fed up with the drones and mines one match that I got my gs out to take them out. I fired repeatedly at them with my reticle dead on and did no damage whatsoever. If I can one shot a defense turret with my fully loaded slug railgun a puny mine or drone should not have zero damage when I shoot at it.
how many ships with EMP did you have?

MCaliban
02.12.2014 , 12:32 AM | #13
For one bomber, even one that is hardly upgraded I might add, to come in and hold a satellite all by himself against four attackers is ridiculous.
This is not something that can happen with a moderately skilled group of fighters.

Bombers are strong node defenders, but they're not that strong.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Nocher
02.12.2014 , 12:47 AM | #14
AGREED!! ^^
For one bomber, even one that is hardly upgraded I might add, to come in and hold a satellite all by himself against four attackers is ridiculous.
you, sir, seems to have entirely forgotten about satellite humping. A good scout could hold a node from 7 people. Now, with mine layers, that isn't possible anymore: THATS A GOOD THING (it was usually me doing the pillar humping, too)

Allowing the game to slow down is not a bad thing in this case, it allows for more tactical options with your squad and makes every ship more useful, instead of only having 2 viable ships (mangler and sting)

The crisis your server, and every server it seems, faces is not enough people who have wised up and swapped from sting to blackbolt. It's good to still have the sting there, but with EMP, the blackbolt is a great counter to gunships and bombers

...Although I do acquiesce: railgun turrets are a little bs right now though (tiny nerf on their firing speed, maybe)
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive

Applejacxs
02.12.2014 , 01:14 AM | #15
I have took-en out A LOT of bombers with my pubs mid tier upgraded scout with there drones out. I don't get all this crying about how are they are to kill. So scouts cant just cowboy a nod by themselves....maybe this is a good thing?

Yndras
02.12.2014 , 02:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
No, strike fighters are also much more valuable, as their missiles have more targets, and the finesse scout is also much more worth flying. The meta is MUCH improved.

If the gunship has to live in a minefield, that's both clearable and a limitation on his movement.

Despite the endless forum QQ over gunships, the best premades were maybe two of those and 6+ flashfire. Despite appearances, a gunship does less damage per energy bar and per second than a strike or scout, the perk here is that the gunship can attack from outside of mine range. A gunship clearing mines and drones is serving a support role for a strike or scout.

It also makes strikes more valuable, and by a larger degree.

The buff that gave them directional shields cause this. Protorps are actually relatively poor versus bombers, compared to some other options. However, yes, the weakest ship in the game is now worth flying.

Despite what you may think, gunships needed strategic value before, and scouts needed less. And these happened. Much more importantly, strikes are in a much better place now, instead of having no value at all. And, of course, we also have added bombers to the game, which are cool to fly, and given new purpose to the type 1 scouts.
I fly a strike. I have them mastered on both imp and Republic. Strikes were much better off before this patch. If you don't agree then you know very little about the game.

its as simple as that.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Yndras
02.12.2014 , 02:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
I have took-en out A LOT of bombers with my pubs mid tier upgraded scout with there drones out. I don't get all this crying about how are they are to kill. So scouts cant just cowboy a nod by themselves....maybe this is a good thing?
I have also "took-en" out bombers. Destroying them is not the issue. Its when there are many in one place along with gunships.

For the record, took-en, is not a word.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

DarkDajin
02.12.2014 , 02:48 AM | #18
I don't really want to bash but...
To all the gunship pilots that complain about shooting drones and mines,
Please learn to aim

Yes they are tiny targets but you have a few pixels to aim at, ofcourse lower resolutions will benefit being able to hit the target better
Personally I have very little trouble AoEing down entire swaths of mines and drones for my teammates to swoop in and clean up the sattelites.

NathanielStarr
02.12.2014 , 02:50 AM | #19
You can't compare a dug in bomber to a satellite humper at all. Don't even try to.

admpellaeon
02.12.2014 , 03:24 AM | #20
Since 2.6 came out I have qued a lot more for GSF. This is mostly due to the implementation of deathmatch and bombers. I love using the repair drone and healing people on my team. I would actually go and buy Cartel Coins if they provided a more healing focused bomber/new ship class. Instead of dropping an autofiring railgun drone, maybe have a small, dot heal you have to fire on ally ships. I doubt a healcentric ship will ever be made though, most people probably just want to dps and dogfight. Just my 2 cents though.