Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Representatives Returning!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Returning!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
02.11.2014 , 11:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
With the exception of PT dps, tank sin, merc healing plus a slight improvement for veng and concealment, everyone is were they were pre the first round of class reps. So I am kind of missing the purpose of this discussion now. If you are a merc dps or jugg dps, etc... what changed so we start a new discussion?

SW-TORtanic's Avatar


SW-TORtanic
02.11.2014 , 11:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
With the exception of PT dps, tank sin, merc healing plus a slight improvement for veng and concealment, everyone is were they were pre the first round of class reps. So I am kind of missing the purpose of this discussion now. If you are a merc dps or jugg dps, etc... what changed so we start a new discussion?
PT DPS definitley needs a nerf, especially the Assault spec.

Simmerr's Avatar


Simmerr
02.12.2014 , 01:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
You can blame the Nightmare Mode Raiders who complained that Shadowns took 8100 damage from the hit that Guardians and VGs took 8000 damage from, which is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Just like you can blame them for the recent nerf to Orbital Strike.
Roll a shadow and raid some real content then tell me there wasn't an issue...
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS
You're gonna push your luck

SW-TORtanic's Avatar


SW-TORtanic
02.12.2014 , 01:22 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Go home, youre drunk.
Can you please be more specific? What is wrong with what I said? Clearly I cannot put in some of my concerns about PT DPS maturely, can I?

I don't get it. The PvP community needs to stop making talking about class balance like it's taboo and calling other people bad for it. Haven't you maybe thought about that it isn't you (or the other player) "complaining" that is a bad, but maybe that the class/spec does need some nerf(s) in order for the other classes to be on par with it?

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.12.2014 , 01:41 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SW-TORtanic View Post
Can you please be more specific? What is wrong with what I said? Clearly I cannot put in some of my concerns about PT DPS maturely, can I?

I don't get it. The PvP community needs to stop making talking about class balance like it's taboo and calling other people bad for it. Haven't you maybe thought about that it isn't you (or the other player) "complaining" that is a bad, but maybe that the class/spec does need some nerf(s) in order for the other classes to be on par with it?
So if you are talking about Assault spec, HtL is 30s cooldown, 6s duration. Use a hard CC on them and you can wipe out the majority of that ability. Even with the defensive cooldowns added in 2.w/e, Assault is still a very squishy spec.

Assault/Pyro does not need a nerf, and neither do Conc/Scrapper players.

Balance in this game is much, much closer than a random person would assume by reading the forums. I think that the majority of people forget than PvP is not in a vacuum and is rarely a straight up 1v1. There are very easy team-oriented counter tactics for everything in this game.

There are classes with higher and lower skill caps, which to the average player make it appear as if one class performs consistently better than another, but when you look at what the top tier of players in each class are capable of (in terms of PvP anyways), it is all relatively close.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

SW-TORtanic's Avatar


SW-TORtanic
02.12.2014 , 01:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
So if you are talking about Assault spec, HtL is 30s cooldown, 6s duration. Use a hard CC on them and you can wipe out the majority of that ability. Even with the defensive cooldowns added in 2.w/e, Assault is still a very squishy spec.

Assault/Pyro does not need a nerf, and neither do Conc/Scrapper players.

Balance in this game is much, much closer than a random person would assume by reading the forums. I think that the majority of people forget than PvP is not in a vacuum and is rarely a straight up 1v1. There are very easy team-oriented counter tactics for everything in this game.

There are classes with higher and lower skill caps, which to the average player make it appear as if one class performs consistently better than another, but when you look at what the top tier of players in each class are capable of (in terms of PvP anyways), it is all relatively close.
Firstly, to clear things up all I'm saying is that IMO I think PT DPS needs to be looked at with possible nerfs. I never said that Conceal/Scrapper needs a nerf, but they need changes that aren't nerfs. I know because I used to play one. Other classes are either fine or just need buffs.

I know class balance will never be perfect, but it seems like this is such a sensitive topic because those who dare say anything about a certain class/spec that needs a nerf or at least needs to be looked at is called a "bad". No one should be afraid of bringing up classes they feel are a bit too weak or a bit too overpowered. This type of discussion is necessary for improved balance in PvP.

You also said something about their HTL ability, but it's not like that's all they'll do. I just have a problem with them always seemingly being able to activate their utilities/defensive CDs frequently. I don't know if it's me, but that's the class I have the most trouble going up against. Other classes I really have no quarrels with in terms of OP-ness. I've also talked to other players about this in general and they seem to agree with me, for the most part.

Are there any classes/specs you think need a nerf? If so why? You know, I see many players saying that this game's balance is better than any other MMO that's available yet there's still countless threads being made in periods of time about certain classes/specs. Things like Op healers are bit of a concern, but IMO I think this class/spec was made more of a concern in terms of its OP-ness because of how better it can perform in healing in 4v4s unlike a squishy Sage or a more of a single-target/support Mando healer. What I said about Op heals is just an example.

Alexhpy's Avatar


Alexhpy
02.12.2014 , 03:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SW-TORtanic View Post
Nope.

Are you going to call me a bad now for "crying" about a certain class? I've never once cried about Smashers, Op heals, Deception Sins, etc., but IMO PT DPS needs a nerf. They can use their utility way too OFTEN. I see them spamming Hydraulic Overrides like insane and it's almost as if they can act like both ranged and melee.

I just hate going up against that class completely. I didn't receive much backlash stating this in a thread about nerfing any classes. If anything it's really this class that needs to be looked into. Scouperative DPS just needs to be altered (not nerfed), but middle tree could still use changes instead of a bigger opening. Better energy management all around, and other classes like Balance Sins and Seer Sages need a certain buff.

Did I miss anything else?
The Merc can also use it, as they share the same cooldown... but i don`t see you complaining about them.

Also PT`s have the LOWEST Single-Target DPS IN THE GAME. They need a buff to PYRO(their single target DPS spec) to bring them in line with other specs. They also have a lot less mitigation compared to any other Heavy Armor class and even Medium Classes(lol right?)... and less defensive CD`s compared to the boatload other classes get(count the defensive cd`s a marauder gets... i dare you). And they can`t stand at range, they need to be in the thick of things... so they could really use the SAME DPS as other melee classes and the SAME mitigation...

All in all, i`m hoping your post was a troll post, but i felt this needed to be said anyway.
Also, LOL @ you being rep of anything except some kind of troll rep.

SW-TORtanic's Avatar


SW-TORtanic
02.12.2014 , 04:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post
The Merc can also use it, as they share the same cooldown... but i don`t see you complaining about them.

Also PT`s have the LOWEST Single-Target DPS IN THE GAME. They need a buff to PYRO(their single target DPS spec) to bring them in line with other specs. They also have a lot less mitigation compared to any other Heavy Armor class and even Medium Classes(lol right?)... and less defensive CD`s compared to the boatload other classes get(count the defensive cd`s a marauder gets... i dare you). And they can`t stand at range, they need to be in the thick of things... so they could really use the SAME DPS as other melee classes and the SAME mitigation...

All in all, i`m hoping your post was a troll post, but i felt this needed to be said anyway.
Also, LOL @ you being rep of anything except some kind of troll rep.
Mercs I don't have a problem with. They're fine where they are. It's the PTs that I think need tweaking, and in the nerfing department IMO.



Also, I have documented this thread for calling me out on BS that never occurred. Thank you, and good night.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
02.12.2014 , 07:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative!
That's good. Unfortunately some knowledgeable people already got tired of waiting for their call and unsubbed.

Remember Tom in Office Space? He had "people skills", which their engineers didn't. So he interfaced between them and the customers.

Tom sucked at his job but you guys need an effective version of him this round. H2Full etc. were a great laugh but please try to keep this stuff grounded.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Suzina's Avatar


Suzina
02.12.2014 , 07:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
My thoughts exactly.

The previous class-representative team did not result in desired changes if I recfall. Rather, it was used as a way to make people believe that class-balance was coming and a means to talk-down to players about how to play. (Type "just Heal to full" on youtube to hear a musical reaction to one of the class-balance posts). And yeah, I think they were just posts were they not? Simply dev posts about why the balances desired by the player base were not necessary.

The "Heal to Full" post was probably the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, but overall even the best class-balance dev posts were damaging to community relations. The good news is, if they want to effect change they don't need to wait for new representatives. Bioware can refer back to the feedback given by the first set of representatives as those issues are largely the same.
Member of Bane Fleet