Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Representatives Returning!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Returning!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gamesux's Avatar


Gamesux
02.13.2014 , 05:21 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Mercenary/Commando healers are very effective now. Mercenary/Commando DPS are topping the charts. Even the top parse of the recently-buffed-to-the-stars Concealment/Scrapper hasn't topped the highest Mercenary/Commando parse.

This advanced class received no changes because it needed no changes. At this point, utility and usability come down to individual player skill.
Can someone plz translate this for PvP?

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
02.13.2014 , 05:25 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
Can someone plz translate this for PvP?
Translation:

Class X sucks because it is too powerful/too weak. Nerf/buff Class X now!

The preceding translation applies to every MMO with PvP ever made. The arguments are identical to ones in Meridian 59, Darksun:Online, and every other game with PvP since Columbus discovered the internet.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.13.2014 , 05:45 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
This is why PvP ruins PvE games. Always causing constant balance issues and wrecking stuff in PvE.
No, actually it is the other way around. PvE ruins pvp balance all the time. You can scale pve to whatever difficulty you want. You cant scale a player. Thus pvp balance should always take precedence.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.13.2014 , 06:00 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Mercenary/Commando healers are very effective now. Mercenary/Commando DPS are topping the charts. Even the top parse of the recently-buffed-to-the-stars Concealment/Scrapper hasn't topped the highest Mercenary/Commando parse.

This advanced class received no changes because it needed no changes. At this point, utility and usability come down to individual player skill.
Im pretty sure raid bosses dont chain interrupt you, preventing you from using any of your important set-up abilities
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.13.2014 , 06:07 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Im pretty sure raid bosses dont chain interrupt you, preventing you from using any of your important set-up abilities
I just imagined running an operation where another player was controlling the boss avatars and all their abilities.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.13.2014 , 06:32 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Im pretty sure raid bosses dont chain interrupt you, preventing you from using any of your important set-up abilities
I'm pretty sure SWTOR is forcing you to play the spec that requires cast spams. Oh wait.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.13.2014 , 06:34 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
I'm pretty sure SWTOR is forcing you to play the spec that requires cast spams. Oh wait.
How is that a counter argument to anything?

I say Commando has poor PvP viability, you say go re-roll? Yikes.........
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Gamesux's Avatar


Gamesux
02.13.2014 , 06:35 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
How is that a counter argument to anything?

I say Commando has poor PvP viability, you say go re-roll? Yikes.........
Pssst he's a PvE hero and Biodrone, ur words won't get thru to him js...

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.13.2014 , 06:36 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
How is that a counter argument to anything?

I say Commando has poor PvP viability, you say go re-roll? Yikes.........
If you think re-rolling means re-speccing, you're probably not worth my time.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.13.2014 , 06:44 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
If you think re-rolling means re-speccing, you're probably not worth my time.
Re-spec to not be so cast dependent? Is there suddenly a way to respec my skill tree to Vanguard?

Combat Medic: 2 main heals are cast
Gunnery: main set-up ability which the entire tree is based around is cast, largest damage dealer is a channel.
Assault: main set-up abilities are cast and channeled.

Which spec am I supposed to play that is not required to spam casts to maintain competitive damage/healing output?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads