Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What makes PVE enjoyable?

Khaleijo
02.13.2014 , 03:29 AM | #31
For me it's the aspect of playing together for a common goal instead of playing against somebody. While you play with your team mates in PVP too, you also play against the other team.
PVE is pure coop mode and i just prefer this playstyle. Not telling that i don't like to be competitive here and there but not with the goal to win over my rival by defeating him in a direct confrontation. It's more like "come on we both do the same "neutral" thing and see who is better" without one of us clearly loosing.

One of my hobbies is archery, while we have competition there of course, it's not like for example boxing.
For me PVE is like archery, i have a "scripted environment" and it is my own responsibility if i'm good or bad in the end. The other one may be better, but then he is just that, better without lowering or influencing my own effort.
PVP would be boxing then, where i have unpredictable actions of my counterpart and my win is both, my accomplishment as it is the one of my opponent as our actions depend on each other.

Rieverre
02.13.2014 , 03:59 AM | #32
I enjoy setpieces. Figuring out how to solve one with only the resources available (H2s with just a tank and a healer companion, H4s with 2 dps and their companions, etc.) is fun for me.

magi_melcior
02.13.2014 , 04:31 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by NotAnyOldName View Post
This would be the single most difficult thing for me to overcome I circle strafe like crazy and I also jump a hell of a lot but the thing is I don't even notice that I am doing it as it just naturally happens when I am in combat.
Actually we have someone like that in our guild, he plays a hell of a lot of PvP but also is a member of the progression raid group. It's quite funny watching him bounce around bosses like the Energizer Bunny.

Thing is, he does good DPS but we know he'd be do better if he stopped bouncing. He also misses the occasional critical interrupt due to his bounciness
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

Methoxa
02.13.2014 , 04:35 AM | #34
Have seen posts from obvious pvp players who say operations would be boring and too easy. As I stated in my previous thread you can't compare pvp's difficulty with a storymode operation but with nightmare operation. If that is still too easy and you still think understanding the tactics makes bosses freeloot i assume you never did those operations. There is still a difference in understanding the fight and winning the fight. In basic warlords nm is an easy to understand fight however if the Tu'chuck tank is grabbed by another warlord and gets targeted by Vilus Garr the tank is probably dead. This is a randomfactor in these fights. These factors dont occur in sm operations or they are not leading to a wipe. Bossfights may be scripted but in the higher difficulties there is a random factor. This is similar to pvp. There are strategies against certain classes, you can predict the skills they might use but still there is a random factor. Many pvp players state that pve was too easy and thats why they dont do operations. Thats wrong, its not easy, but its ok if you dont do operations but dont say its too easy.
Revanchist

GlenFletcher
02.14.2014 , 07:52 AM | #35
What I like about PVE is that the players are for the most part a lot more mature than their PVP counterparts. They also have a tendency to help and teach others rather than expect you to be an expert from the get go.

CaptainApop
02.14.2014 , 07:57 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by GlenFletcher View Post
What I like about PVE is that the players are for the most part a lot more mature than their PVP counterparts. They also have a tendency to help and teach others rather than expect you to be an expert from the get go.
LFM 16m story TfB, need fulll 78s and know tactics
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

CaliJoe
02.14.2014 , 02:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I don't play PvE for fights. 'Nuff said.

I'm a story player. I play solely for story, for nothing else. The rest is a nice bonus for me.
I agree with this. I signed up for the stories. At first I was very skittish about doing PvP, but now I'm okay with getting rolled or doing the rolling occasionally.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

Aharx
02.14.2014 , 02:47 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Cos raid bosses don't spam /spit and /laugh.
Hah. This.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Aharx
02.14.2014 , 02:49 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rieverre View Post
I enjoy setpieces. Figuring out how to solve one with only the resources available (H2s with just a tank and a healer companion, H4s with 2 dps and their companions, etc.) is fun for me.
I love the little things in PVE like working to be geared in order to try to solo things like H2's and H4's. I'll still 99.99% of the time group even for H2's just because this is a social game... but I always love the challenge of doing it once in a while.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

AngusFTW
02.14.2014 , 03:05 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Cos raid bosses don't spam /spit and /laugh.
I do both to get the full experience of the game.. but this is actually one of the most enjoyable aspects of pvp for me.. if they do that to you.. you've annoyed them enough cause of skillz xD

I wish raid bosses would do that too Instead they just turn once in a while where you haev to camo like a wimp...
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord