Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Boiling Point!


DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.11.2014 , 09:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Didn't Bioware block China because of the absurd mass of gold seller spammers spoiling the game? And didn't the gold seller spam go down by 99% ever since they blocked China? At least that's the last info I remember on that issue.
If that's the case, I'd hate to see what gold seller spam was back then.

Oh. Wait. I was here the whole time.

Gold seller spam is worse, far worse, today than it has ever been through the life of the game. I don't think it's gone down by 99%. Up 99%, maybe. Not down.

I don't know the region these spammers are spamming from so I won't guess if it's China, Philippines, Mexico, USA, whatever. But they're there, in force, every day, on both fleets and all starter worlds, 24x7, advertising multiple web sites.

AlaricSevGirl's Avatar


AlaricSevGirl
02.11.2014 , 09:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
If you make yourself try and like something, in the end, you will not like it. It has to be there. The feeling of pleasure and enjoyment NEEDS to be there for you to truly enjoy what it is that you are doing. If you don't enjoy something, do not force yourself to play it just because you really wanted to like it. I understand where you are coming from though. Maybe get a different mindset?

Bravo, exactly.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan (Republic Trooper)
RP with the best, Universal Investigations

AlaricSevGirl's Avatar


AlaricSevGirl
02.11.2014 , 09:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
There are a lot of things crafters, even Artificers, can make to be wildly profitable. If you can't figure out what those things are for yourself, perhaps you should visit the crafting board here on this forum.
Artificers make enhancements and dyes. Those are the only profitable things, then not really all that profitable. I gave up on that and only make things for my characters.

Cybertech, Bio and Arms is where the money is. Armoring and mods, implants and augment slots.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan (Republic Trooper)
RP with the best, Universal Investigations

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.11.2014 , 09:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Artificers make enhancements and dyes. Those are the only profitable things, then not really all that profitable. I gave up on that and only make things for my characters.

Cybertech, Bio and Arms is where the money is. Armoring and mods, implants and augment slots.
That's intriguing. Some Artificers I know have things they can sell at over 500,000 credits profit per unit. They don't sell dozens a day, but at that profit margin you don't need to.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.11.2014 , 09:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
There are a lot of things crafters, even Artificers, can make to be wildly profitable. If you can't figure out what those things are for yourself, perhaps you should visit the crafting board here on this forum.
Indeed.

If you cannot carve out a profitable niche in crafting (many people do it), then change in game careers.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.11.2014 , 09:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortelus View Post
Ummmm. Okay... i think i presented a great deal of feedback, clearly stating my opinions of what is wrong with this game.
Keypoint: Your opinion.

You are entitled to said opinion, but you are also entitled to have people disagree with you as well. That is the nature of posting one's opinion on a public discussion forum. If you want complete control over the discussion (as in, make it only move your way.. then you need to create a blog, not open threads on a discussion forum.

Note: any single persons opinion, even with 3 or 4 other people agreeing with them, in a gaming forum =/= an objective and actionable assessment of the game. I know for some people that concept sucks...but welcome to the real world. Anything outside of your own span of control is, interestingly enough, not controllable by you. You can choose to play or not play. That is your span of control. You can provide your opinion and feedback about the game, but you cannot effect change by doing so... unless many many other players agree with you.. and even then... not going to happen if they don't want to do it (evidence: class story arc continuation).
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

ItachiZaku's Avatar


ItachiZaku
02.11.2014 , 10:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortelus View Post
I
This game is only going to get worse and having seen ESO first hand, these are how games should be developed.
ESO might be the worst game I've ever played. I truly uninstalled after a little over 2 hours.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.11.2014 , 10:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Keypoint: Your opinion.

You are entitled to said opinion, but you are also entitled to have people disagree with you as well. That is the nature of posting one's opinion on a public discussion forum. If you want complete control over the discussion (as in, make it only move your way.. then you need to create a blog, not open threads on a discussion forum.

Note: any single persons opinion, even with 3 or 4 other people agreeing with them, in a gaming forum =/= an objective and actionable assessment of the game. I know for some people that concept sucks...but welcome to the real world. Anything outside of your own span of control is, interestingly enough, not controllable by you. You can choose to play or not play. That is your span of control. You can provide your opinion and feedback about the game, but you cannot effect change by doing so... unless many many other players agree with you.. and even then... not going to happen if they don't want to do it (evidence: class story arc continuation).
Holy off topic trolling...my god, this is your worst attempt ever to derail a thread.

OP, I'm sorry you had issues and I'm sorry to see you leave again.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
02.11.2014 , 10:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
So what you're saying is: "2 million people quit because they didn't have customization options at launch". Care to support this with some actual numbers, or are we going to have to settle for "I pulled this out of my ***, and I'm going to run with it."? None of the people I know that played this game at launch left because of lack of customization, they had a list of other more game breaking things that they went on about.

....
And what exactly do you think these people are buying from the CM now that are keeping the game out of maintenance mode? "The game" can't stand on its own. It's a solo game with an endgame grind. This is what it was at launch and what it still is today. They haven't fixed that and apparently have no plans to do so, so the game will live or die now based on shinies in its cash shop.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.11.2014 , 11:24 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
And what exactly do you think these people are buying from the CM now that are keeping the game out of maintenance mode? "The game" can't stand on its own. It's a solo game with an endgame grind. This is what it was at launch and what it still is today. They haven't fixed that and apparently have no plans to do so, so the game will live or die now based on shinies in its cash shop.
I don't think that's entirely fair. I don't think the game is solely tied to its cash shop.

Take me, for example. Now I don't know how many players there are like me, but I think I'm "normal" so I have to assume there are a lot.

Me, I pay a subscription. Just like you do. Just like Andryah, TUXs, brankamuffin, everyone posting here. We pay that subscription for a reason but ultimately that reason is that we find fun value for the dollars we spend. We might like different things - flash points, war zones, operations, crafting, forum PvP, whatever. And we pay the subscription to get it.

Some of us - myself included - have never and almost certainly will never spend a dime on a Cartel Coin. Ever. Sure, I use a lot of items that come from the Cartel Market. I love a lot of the stuff from the Cartel Market. I think it's pretty awesome, too.

But every one of the Cartel Market things I have acquired or used has come from GTN or from the stipend of coins I receive as a subscriber.

In order to keep my subscription, BioWare has to keep putting more of the things into the game that I subscribe to do. Personally, just for myself, that's PvE content of all flavors and sizes. Plus, many will say, letting me keep playing at forum PvP once in a while. And they've done that, better in the recent past than in the distant past. The roadmap looks OK to me, too.

Bottom line is that unless I'm an abnormal subscriber - meaning most subscribers actually do buy Cartel Coins over and above their stipend - the game isn't living or dying or thriving solely upon Cartel Market sales. Subscriptions have a whole lot to do with it too.