Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aces?

Buggleslor
07.16.2014 , 10:42 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
Oh yea? Beat them at it. If they can keep killing you over and over, they're better than you. If they can kill 95% people over and over, they're aces.
I believe the implication was that there are names on the list that have not, in fact, done any of those things. The only criteria for being on the list is that someone mentioned your name in this thread, which has a very tenuous connection to being able to "kill 95% of people over and over." Unless you can personally vouch for every single player named...?

RatPoison
07.17.2014 , 06:47 AM | #642
It's just a popularity thread, simple as that.

There are certainly some players listed that are good, but due to no vetting, no parameters, or definition to what an Ace is... the entire list is suspect due to being entirely subjective. What may qualify as an Ace in one person's mind may not qualify in another's. Personally, I disagree with a large number of players on the JC list. But that doesn't matter, it's just a matter of opinion.

Most of those listed don't play anymore, and nobody being named now is being added to the list. The thread is essentially dead and pointless and should be left to go off into obscurity. Fortunately, I was able to get my player(s) removed from the list before it died.

Perhaps folks just need a shout out thread so they can thank and give kudos to pilots who scuttled their boats or won the day and call it a done deal since nobody can seemingly agree on what an Ace is and what reportable statistics demonstrate it.
Saevius : Marauder
- T o r v a N e x -
Referral Link for Free Stuff
7 Days Subscription for Previous Subscribers

theaspie
07.19.2014 , 10:05 AM | #643
I fly on the progenitor regularly, and have, looking at the list of aces on both sides, shot down most of the people on the list, one one one, in a straight dogfight.
Where does this leave me, Junn, in the grand scheme of things?

Cekis
07.19.2014 , 10:12 AM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by theaspie View Post
I fly on the progenitor regularly, and have, looking at the list of aces on both sides, shot down most of the people on the list, one one one, in a straight dogfight.
Heh... two things...
1. Can't nominate yourself - if you're worthy, you'll get nominated by somebody.
2. Everybody gets shot down - even if you're an "Ace"... Aces just have a higher K : D ratio than most others.

And one more for a bonus... This thread is old, not updated and basically a popularity list. Not trying to be negative about it, but if you play a ton and are a halfway decent pilot, the odds of you being on this list grows. Except... it doesn't get updated anymore so I guess getting on it is out.
C e k i s -- O p t i k i l l -- K r y t i k i l l -- J o r a y
Harbinger - Starfighter Pilot
Click to get FREE STUFFS (Referral Link)

Comradebot
07.19.2014 , 02:39 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Cekis View Post
Heh... two things...
1. Can't nominate yourself - if you're worthy, you'll get nominated by somebody.
2. Everybody gets shot down - even if you're an "Ace"... Aces just have a higher K ratio than most others.

And one more for a bonus... This thread is old, not updated and basically a popularity list. Not trying to be negative about it, but if you play a ton and are a halfway decent pilot, the odds of you being on this list grows. Except... it doesn't get updated anymore so I guess getting on it is out.
Not to mention that it's completely subjective. I've had games, even streaks of em, where I'm dominant and maybe dying once at most. To the people who only played me in those games, I'd appear to be an "ace".

I also have games where I'm middle of the road at best. Thankfully, I think my "hopelessly sucking" days are past and I can consistently push my way into the middle of my team.

Point is, I'm most certainly NOT an Ace, but if a player only sees a handful of those "good" games, they may think otherwise. At the same time, you may be a true Ace and no one ever bothers to discover that this thread exists and mention your skills on this rather obscure corner of the forum.

And there's nothing stopping you from nominating yourself: not like your forum name has to match up with your in-game characters' names.
Click Here to Donate to the Barrett Greyjoy Intergalactic Zoo & Dewback Ranch™ (Referral Link)
All Cartel Coins earned from referrals will be dedicated to funding The Barrett Greyjoy Intergalactic Zoo & Dewback Ranch™, coming soon to The Shadowlands

Asbetos
07.20.2014 , 02:29 AM | #646
Quote: Originally Posted by theaspie View Post
From my point of view: not active enough to get noticed, I've seen you around but not enough to remember you as well as some others. Besides, from that list only Gopeto and Nymika are active, Leong and Oriane fly occasionally lately, Akordia and Lindemann I don't really remember when's the last time I saw them fly.
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

theaspie
07.21.2014 , 05:28 AM | #647
I've seen you around as well, Firedemon. I'll give you this much, you're always good for an interesting dogfight. Also, I suspect the reason you haven't seen me around for a while is to do with an eighteen day holiday, coupled with exams.
I don't know if you'd be interested in trying to reopen talks between the FEF/Republic GSF Community and the Imperial GSF groupings, but I certainly would be.

As for shooting down the people on the list, this is in terms of one vs one dogfights, ace vs ace, not as part of a pack of players who happened to get the lucky hit in. Sometimes, yes, I may be finishing someone off, but I almost never fly a gunship, unlike a percentage of the list. Hell, I don't always win those match-ups, but I still intentionally seek out match-ups that are going to challenge me, and I rely on skill, experience, and yes, luck, to give me the edge I need. I'm also Kessler's number two in our guild.

Also, I wasn't nominating myself at all. I was putting my capabilities forwards, yes. But I was not actually asking to be put on the list.

AchtAcht
07.22.2014 , 08:51 AM | #648
Quote:
Lindemann I don't really remember when's the last time I saw them fly
I've been playing because of friends, unfortunately most of them left the game already so I don't have any impulse to queue in GSF.

Quote:
I'm also Kessler's number two in our guild.
"Kessler's number two" would be the worst commendation when I was playing last time. I hope he changed his attitude, but from what I heard yesterday, he's still... himself.

jankiel
07.28.2014 , 02:20 AM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
From my point of view: not active enough to get noticed, I've seen you around but not enough to remember you as well as some others. Besides, from that list only Gopeto and Nymika are active, Leong and Oriane fly occasionally lately, Akordia and Lindemann I don't really remember when's the last time I saw them fly.
I roll with Akordia from time to time.

Alas I have never been on that damn list

Asbetos
07.28.2014 , 03:07 AM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
I roll with Akordia from time to time.

Alas I have never been on that damn list
It's not easy to get noticed next to him
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>