Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aces?

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 04:50 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by BallisticID View Post
In my opinion these Aces should not be considered as such if they primarily fly only one type of ship. Any half decent pilot can become great if they fly only 1 type of ship for a vast majority of their matches. It is the truly exceptional pilots that can make an impact in multiple roles. I have seen fantastic gunship pilots who were horrible in scouts, or great bomber pilots who couldn't fly a gunship if all they had to do was not run into a satellite. These pilots are good at what they specialize in, but have almost no flexibility. This flexibility is something that is needed to compete against an equally skilled enemy team.
You sure about that? I mean, look at pilots like Toe and Scrab. They both fly their scouts exclusively, and are always an important contributor in any match. Sure, Silentwinter can do that and abuse ion railgun in the same match, and there was a while when he was farming kills on a quell, but he's not as good a scout as those two. Likewise, Shock is a decent scout pilot and can pull a 20k match no problem, but he almost always flies his gunship when the stakes are raised. I don't think it's fair to say any of them aren't aces.

Looking over the lists for TEH and Pot5, all I see are pilots I'm glad to have load in to my side of the match. That to me says something important.

(And yeah, I know I need to play Pot5 more. Hopefully I'll finish up enough work that I'll be able to pop in tonight or tomorrow.)
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Vulta
02.25.2014 , 12:39 PM | #282
People seem to have a very broad view of what an "ace" is, just because a person is good doesn't mean they're an ace. An ace would be the elite few, whether that be someone good with multiple ships or one doesn't matter, but they're the person you know engaging alone is suicidal. Also an ace isn't someone who's only good with a group, is good at nuking the newbies, or cowering away from the fight and playing vulture. Would argue against a few of those Bastion names but meh, this is an ego stroke thread more than anything, and gets derailed pretty easily.

Only came out of lurking cause I'm bored/sleep deprived in class.

Peverder
02.25.2014 , 01:44 PM | #283
Not sure if covered yet and i know i will get trolled .
But if these r all aces then why do some drop que when their premade faces another premade?
If they were such hot shot pilots they wouldn't be so scared to faces other such aces.
And farming undergeared players dont make u a true ace.
Guess the only way to show whos a real ace is for BW/EA to add ranked space PvP but since most of the premades i see ditch when they face another premade it wont ever be used.

Morgrid
02.25.2014 , 02:02 PM | #284
If you can't get away from a bomber using only blasters when you're flying a scout, Darwin has a place for you.
Darth Imperîus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 02:19 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by Peverder View Post
Guess the only way to show whos a real ace is for BW/EA to add ranked space PvP but since most of the premades i see ditch when they face another premade it wont ever be used.
I'd kill for this.

No, literally, if I had to stomp an ant to guarantee I got a spot at BW coding this in, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgrid View Post
If you can't get away from a bomber using only blasters when you're flying a scout, Darwin has a place for you.
What bomber only uses blasters?
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Zharik
02.25.2014 , 02:32 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
What bomber only uses blasters?
I do when we're facing an obvious group of newbies. I also usually challenge the other experienced pilots on my side to do the same, especially in TDM. Makes for a more challenging time, lessens the frustration on the newbies, and promotes harmless competition on my side.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

AchtAcht
02.25.2014 , 03:33 PM | #287
Quote:
About the Progenitor...

I don't think anyone really knows what it was like for the Empire before that bunch of Imperials got together and started playing. They turned it around for us and really really improved moral. They're also a really nice bunch who give all of us "newbies" encouragement and suggestions on how to improve our game. The Republic still dominates most matches, so I can understand why someone would be irritated to see one of the small handful of good/competent Imperials players switching sides constantly.

While I find the angry posts excessive, and totally uncalled for, I understand where they're coming from. It gets very frustrating constantly playing on the losing side all the time.

The player in question, while a very good player, tends to play whichever side is winning more on a given day or whichever side is fielding most of it's aces. He doesn't deserve all the publicity he's getting here. I'm starting to regret even naming him as an ace. But what's done is done. Whatever anyone thinks about him, he's a one of the best Bomber Pilots.

Also, before anyone says "GET GOOD" or whatever other worthless dribble, let me explain a little more about our server/faction's player base here:

Most of the players on the Imperial teams, contribute nothing. Maybe about 4k damage, 0 kills, 0 assists, and 10 deaths.

In most games during prime time, it's always a one sided slaughter in favor of the Republic. Sometimes we have a couple good Imperial Pilots who fight their hardest to try and even up the score, but in the end, they can't do anything if the rest of the team isn't supporting them.

In my guild, I can't even get anyone interested in trying to play and get better at GSF, they just quickly lose a couple games for the daily on their alts for the free XP, if anything at all. It's so bad I'm looking to go to another server where, hopefully, the games are more even and exciting.
^This about situation on Progenitor and why we are mad because of Donnie's/Razorwire's behaviour. About our own tactics - if we would tell you, they would be compromised and useless, right? It's not "A, B, leave C" or "tunnel him/her". If these are your major tactics - oh well.

Deimos_Olympian
02.25.2014 , 05:24 PM | #288
Would like to nominate two pilots on the Red Eclipse

Imperial

Spartoi

Shenida

MaximilianPower
02.25.2014 , 05:28 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by AchtAcht View Post
^This about situation on Progenitor and why we are mad because of Donnie's/Razorwire's behaviour. About our own tactics - if we would tell you, they would be compromised and useless, right? It's not "A, B, leave C" or "tunnel him/her". If these are your major tactics - oh well.
Seriously? You have some kind of top-secret strategy you're unwilling to reveal to the masses? If what you say is true, your opponents on Progenitor are already aware of your game plan thanks to the "traitor". So posting tactics here wouldn't come back to haunt you.

At least give us a hint. I'm genuinely curious what you could possibly be up to.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn Spiderzuck Bøbløblaw TøbiasFünke MaximilianPower Jedi Covenant
100% GSF cheevs

Kain_Turinbar
02.25.2014 , 05:41 PM | #290
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
Seriously? You have some kind of top-secret strategy you're unwilling to reveal to the masses? If what you say is true, your opponents on Progenitor are already aware of your game plan thanks to the "traitor". So posting tactics here wouldn't come back to haunt you.

At least give us a hint. I'm genuinely curious what you could possibly be up to.
The possibility of "secret tactics" in a game this simple is laughable.