Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aces?

prokonto
02.24.2014 , 08:46 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by AchtAcht View Post
No. It's "he's selling our very own tactics to the opposite team and exploiting it to win." If he would stay shut, there wouldn't be any problem. Acting as "mate" and then hunting down only ex-groupmates with different people is just wrong.

so next time when he group u cheat him with fake tactic. Then when he switch sides & sell it to your enemy do totally oposite tac & u got insta win:P
simple as... u know what. treachery was allways important part in art of war, live with it.

Kain_Turinbar
02.24.2014 , 12:36 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
Another for Sleeth.

Willie/Evilwillie + Myx'on/Myx'an
Ran into these guys last night and got some kills on both (looked like they had a third with them named Thiol/Thyol?). It's tough to tell how good each would be solo though because they always work together as a team so if you take them on its 2v1.

In the next match I faced them again and they focused me hard and I finished poorly, like 1-4-4.

Slivovidze
02.24.2014 , 12:38 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by AchtAcht View Post
No. It's "he's selling our very own tactics to the opposite team and exploiting it to win." If he would stay shut, there wouldn't be any problem. Acting as "mate" and then hunting down only ex-groupmates with different people is just wrong.
"selling" and "tactics" are words that are badly used there.

As I said before, he barely talks with us. Also, I saw him mention that when the games get "too easy" he switches sides. And I experienced him doing just that. If you are mad that a decent bomber pilot leaves your group after 3 rounds of enemy slaughter, to toughen up the opposition a bit, you might have an issue there.
I actually view that as somehow cool behavior.

And to the "tactics" part... I don't know how complicated plans you prepare on the Imperial side, but in practice it is always the "A & B, leave C" for Domination and "stick together" for TDM. The most advanced tactics I saw (on any side) were two gunships cooperating. And honestly all these tactics can be 1) made in 1 mintue before match starts, and 2) discovered by enemy in 1 minute after match starts.

okiobe
02.24.2014 , 12:47 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Ran into these guys last night and got some kills on both (looked like they had a third with them named Thiol/Thyol?). It's tough to tell how good each would be solo though because they always work together as a team so if you take them on its 2v1.

In the next match I faced them again and they focused me hard and I finished poorly, like 1-4-4.
I've flown with both and against Willie. They are good pilots. I was in a TDM with Evilwillie and I got focused hard but he was able to get top kills (we still lost) and I think he was solo queued. I saw Sleeth as a teammate in a domination match. He got focused hard with 2+ always chasing him around. He was still top 3 in kills and we won.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

MaximilianPower
02.24.2014 , 12:50 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Broba View Post
What kind of secret tactics are you guys doing over there? I didn't realize there was one defined way to win matches in starfighter. If you know someone has an idea of what your game plan is, switch up your game plan.
This. Unless you've discovered some brilliant super-secret strategy to assure victory, then this guy isn't "selling" anything to anyone.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn TøbiasFünke Jedi Covenant
The Nevernude Legacy: firing railguns up enemy tailpipes since 2013

Jandi
02.24.2014 , 01:19 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
This. Unless you've discovered some brilliant super-secret strategy to assure victory, then this guy isn't "selling" anything to anyone.
It's called the jailbait tactic.

You sit at your capital ship and do nothing.

It's the height of tactical genius I tell you.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

The_Raven_Lord
02.24.2014 , 01:33 PM | #267
About the Progenitor...

I don't think anyone really knows what it was like for the Empire before that bunch of Imperials got together and started playing. They turned it around for us and really really improved moral. They're also a really nice bunch who give all of us "newbies" encouragement and suggestions on how to improve our game. The Republic still dominates most matches, so I can understand why someone would be irritated to see one of the small handful of good/competent Imperials players switching sides constantly.

While I find the angry posts excessive, and totally uncalled for, I understand where they're coming from. It gets very frustrating constantly playing on the losing side all the time.

The player in question, while a very good player, tends to play whichever side is winning more on a given day or whichever side is fielding most of it's aces. He doesn't deserve all the publicity he's getting here. I'm starting to regret even naming him as an ace. But what's done is done. Whatever anyone thinks about him, he's a one of the best Bomber Pilots.

Also, before anyone says "GET GOOD" or whatever other worthless dribble, let me explain a little more about our server/faction's player base here:

Most of the players on the Imperial teams, contribute nothing. Maybe about 4k damage, 0 kills, 0 assists, and 10 deaths.

In most games during prime time, it's always a one sided slaughter in favor of the Republic. Sometimes we have a couple good Imperial Pilots who fight their hardest to try and even up the score, but in the end, they can't do anything if the rest of the team isn't supporting them.

In my guild, I can't even get anyone interested in trying to play and get better at GSF, they just quickly lose a couple games for the daily on their alts for the free XP, if anything at all. It's so bad I'm looking to go to another server where, hopefully, the games are more even and exciting.
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

KazumaDarkblade
02.24.2014 , 02:44 PM | #268
Pot5 pub side more Aces
Kasl
Elo'him
Alexandri
Harbinger
Da'uno/Da'one/Seekers Master Quarrel Gunship, Master Razorwire

Despair / Flyboys and Assassin

prokonto
02.24.2014 , 03:11 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
And to the "tactics" part... I don't know how complicated plans you prepare on the Imperial side, but in practice it is always the "A & B, leave C" for Domination and "stick together" for TDM. The most advanced tactics I saw (on any side) were two gunships cooperating. And honestly all these tactics can be 1) made in 1 mintue before match starts, and 2) discovered by enemy in 1 minute after match starts.

this...

QuinMantha
02.24.2014 , 04:52 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
One of the people on your list was banned for cheating in GSF~ Not saying who, but fyi, that's why they haven't been around for a while.
You're kidding! PM me who? Or whisper in game?
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler