Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are there any comm overlays that work with swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are there any comm overlays that work with swtor?

cfcstl
02.10.2014 , 06:40 PM | #1
Just wondering what operating system and comm program is compatible with swtor? Nothing I have works with xp32 bit.

Gyronamics
02.10.2014 , 07:05 PM | #2
Ventrillo
Mumble
TS3

All work for me on Win7 64bit with overlays
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Memo-
02.10.2014 , 07:17 PM | #3
Mumble- and TS3 overlays also work for on my old PC with winxp32bit.
Sakků | Faris | Maliris | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Bas'so | Všli | Rai'chu | Jauhe
Delarah | Stilva | Luccia | Ethawn<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Baritoni | Weimar | Altto
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

danielau
02.11.2014 , 01:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cfcstl View Post
Just wondering what operating system and comm program is compatible with swtor? Nothing I have works with xp32 bit.
Try running SWTOR in Windowed mode

Red_rocks
02.11.2014 , 02:35 AM | #5
TS3 overlay works best for me, I've never had much luck with the mumble one.

leto_cleon
02.11.2014 , 02:48 AM | #6
Hmm... for mumble, as of mumble-1.2.4-227-g1bd57bd, I have been able to start Mumble before SWTOR without SWTOR crashing. The overlay appears in SWTOR if Mumble is started first. This is using Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Prototypemind
02.11.2014 , 02:57 PM | #7
Freaking hate the new OverWolf that comes with the TS3 update. Says the old TS3 Overlay is not longer compatible.

AlixMV
02.12.2014 , 05:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Hmm... for mumble, as of mumble-1.2.4-227-g1bd57bd, I have been able to start Mumble before SWTOR without SWTOR crashing. The overlay appears in SWTOR if Mumble is started first. This is using Windows 8.1 64-bit.
I use Mumble all the time, and just to add to this: you can start Mumble after running SWTOR and still get the overlay, but you have to do it before hitting the [Play] button after logging in.

If you start Mumble after hitting [Play], the overlay won't work. You have to quit out of SWTOR and restart it to get it working.

----

The Ventrilo overlay will work as soon as Overlay is enabled, regardless of program start order.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

Ancaglon
02.14.2014 , 06:14 AM | #9
For me, the TS3 overlay worked most of the time, but I also discovered that it caused me to crash to desktop when changing areas, so it's now off, and I rely on the LCD display on my G150 keyboard.

DanNV
02.14.2014 , 07:59 PM | #10
I don't like the overlays, myself. I also had huge problems with TS after it had been running for a few weeks. It suddenly started broadcasting all the game audio, all the time. Had to go back to mumble.
REGULATORS