Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gunships Fleeing to Carriers


Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
I don't find nerfing gunship range reasonable though, especially if you are trying to nerf it so they can't be offensive on a capital ship even though they are far out of range of any node, and anyone can avoid them if they get out of range and thereby force the gunship to pursue.
I wasn't suggesting that the gunship be nerfed. I'm suggesting that the system of fleeing to the carriers needs to be nerfed. The point I was making is either there needs to be something to prevent gunship players from retreating to the carrier, a penalty of some sort, or the gunship needs it's range lessened so that they're less-inclined to do it, either way. The point I was making with the question was, which would you rather have happen? Nerf gunships, or see the penalty in place for the cowards who are exploiting a loophole?

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Which is, yes. Players shouldn't chase them to the carrier and get killed, and I don't. I see them going for it and I break off. What pisses me off is they don't have the balls to stand and fight. Ever. And it just robs me of kills and wastes everybody's time. It's dishonorable behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. Which is why I'm calling for this to be addressed.
you say its like its everyone, the way you use ever like that. I never use the capital ship like that, mainly because A: I can easily avoid an oncoming attacker by barrel rolling and doing some close turns near asteroids or something, and B: its not just gunships that do it I see other ships do the same thing. When I am on my strike, I like to scare them and make them run, they really need to look behind them. So what if the runners are cowards? cowardice loses matches and I like to win
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
ok, arrogance and condescending attitude aside, let me see, believing a gunship at a capital ship is not really offensive considering how far away they are from any objective and are only useful at that area if the other team is spawncamping, yes I am *totally stupid*
Yes you are because you clearly only read up to a certain post in what I wrote, and then decided to stop because I insulted your pride. Read the whole thing (and quote it), then respond. Otherwise, yes. Stop talking because you're too stupid to properly debate the issue.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
I wasn't suggesting that the gunship be nerfed. I'm suggesting that the system of fleeing to the carriers needs to be nerfed. The point I was making is either there needs to be something to prevent gunship players from retreating to the carrier, a penalty of some sort, or the gunship needs it's range lessened so that they're less-inclined to do it, either way. The point I was making with the question was, which would you rather have happen? Nerf gunships, or see the penalty in place for the cowards who are exploiting a loophole?
penalty, and well I think Zooms suggestion fit that description well, and nerfing gunship range is going to ruin it considering range is their whole bread and butter, and punishes gunships that aren't retreating to capital ship.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Yes you are because you clearly only read up to a certain post in what I wrote, and then decided to stop because I insulted your pride. Read the whole thing (and quote it), then respond. Otherwise, yes. Stop talking because you're too stupid to properly debate the issue.
it was only that size before, then you edited and added more after I had already posted that don't blame me for you going in and editing right after posting
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
you say its like its everyone, the way you use ever like that. I never use the capital ship like that, mainly because A: I can easily avoid an oncoming attacker by barrel rolling and doing some close turns near asteroids or something, and B: its not just gunships that do it I see other ships do the same thing. When I am on my strike, I like to scare them and make them run, they really need to look behind them. So what if the runners are cowards? cowardice loses matches and I like to win
Because in a deathmatch you need kills to win. And if they run to the carrier for safety, then you can't kill them to rack up the points to win. And I'm not saying "every" gunship pilot does it, and I'm not even saying that "only" gunship pilots do it. What I'm saying is they're the only type of ship where it creates a problem because they can still get you from inside the safety of the carrier's gun range.

Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
it was only that size before, then you edited and added more after I had already posted that don't blame me for you going in and editing right after posting
Nice attempt at covering yourself, but no. I didn't edit it. It's okay, just stop posting. Really. Nobody will think less of you just because you can't keep up with a simple debate.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Because in a deathmatch you need kills to win. And if they run to the carrier for safety, then you can't kill them to rack up the points to win. And I'm not saying "every" gunship pilot does it, and I'm not even saying that "only" gunship pilots do it. What I'm saying is they're the only type of ship where it creates a problem because they can still get you from inside the safety of the carrier's gun range.
but if you can't get them and move away, they can't get you either, they have to go to you if they want to kill you. Anyway, I am not a fan of those people running to spawn which is why I suggest stuff like marking them afk upon entering that zone again or something, while at the same time not make spawncamping more of a possibility than it already is
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Ramalina's Avatar


Ramalina
02.10.2014 , 07:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
Seriously, and any ship other than the bomber can outrun a gunship easily, and I have seen other ships use this so stop saying its just gunships!
Actually, pretty much any heavy scout set up for max maneuverability, and any strike not built specifically to maximize speed and range will have a hard time keeping up with a 'leggy' gunship build flown by a talented pilot. Granted, the GS is not doing anything but running during that period, but I've seen them run enough to run scouts out of fuel and then turn and nail 'em with a slug shot.

On the other hand there are maybe three GS pilots that I've seen on my server that are consistently good at doing this. So not really a big problem. Also if you can sneak up on them with 100% fuel, their success rate goes down, but not using boost to close on a good gunship pilot is rather foolhardy, so closing to blaster range with 100% engine pool is a fairly rare occurrence.

The main thing to remember about pursuing gunships is that if they run for it you either have to kill them before they make it to safety, OR you have to recognize that you aren't going to kill them and break off pursuit while you still have enough energy left to boost at least 15 km from the gunship and get behind cover so you can regen engine pool before they have a chance to turn back and line up a shot at you.

If you don't have the burst dps to kill a gunship quickly, then you shouldn't be chasing them long distances. If you can't kill them before they move or within the first 5 to 10 km of pursuit, just let them run and maintain awareness of where they are and where cover that you can use to break their line of sight is. If they come back, use cover to get close and chase them off again, eventually you may get help from your team, or you may get lucky and score a kill if they make a mistake.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
but if you can't get them and move away, they can't get you either, they have to go to you if they want to kill you. Anyway, I am not a fan of those people running to spawn which is why I suggest stuff like marking them afk upon entering that zone again or something, while at the same time not make spawncamping more of a possibility than it already is
I agree with you that spawn camping sucks (when you're the team that gets camped. XD) but moving away isn't necessarily an option when dealing with a ship that can fire from 15,000 meters. The moment you turn, if they're paying attention, they'll turn around (especially if they're using rotational thrusters) and open fire.