Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunships Fleeing to Carriers

Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 06:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
This. The fact that they can sit in safety and keep on fighting. Either penalize players for flying back to the carrier, or shorten the range on the gunship. Pick one. :P
dude, have you not read any of our posts? they can go to the capital ship, far out of range of any nodes, the only enemies they get to fire at are the ones dumb enough to have chased them there, when I see a teammate sitting on the capital ship I yell because they are not useful from that position. and if you are in a deathmatch, just move your whole team away from the capital ship, forcing the other team to have to go after you if they want to continue. Seriously people, saying they can be offensive while sitting on a capital ship far far away from the battle makes no sense in domination, and in death matches easily countered with moving out of range.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Zoom_VI
02.10.2014 , 06:51 PM | #12
Just make it so no points or req are awarded for actions within the capship protection area. Shoot from there all you want but you get no req or points.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Zharik
02.10.2014 , 06:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
...just move your whole team away from the capital ship...
What button does that?
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 06:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
What button does that?
just tell them over chat
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Just make it so no points or req are awarded for actions within the capship protection area. Shoot from there all you want but you get no req or points.
finally something reasonable

Mercgargoyle
02.10.2014 , 07:00 PM | #16
This. The fact that they can sit in safety and keep on fighting. Either penalize players for flying back to the carrier, or shorten the range on the gunship. Pick one. :P
I don't think gunships are going to get a range reduction since that is their role as snipers and would defeat the point, Nor are the carriers at fault since nobody should really be going near them anyway and they are able to prevent spawn camping, which would occur if they were disabled.

It should really be the job of team mates to help cumbersome bomber's and gunships with battlescouts and fighters chasing them though rather than the carriers.

xxIncubixx
02.10.2014 , 07:18 PM | #17
I do agree with the OP matches without gunships are by far more enjoyble or with 1 or 2 per side, matches with 4 + Gunships on any side is just plain retarded, and it just feels off.

Korithras
02.10.2014 , 07:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
finally something reasonable
It is reasonable, as were my suggestions. The reason I hold gunships in such low standing is because they're less playing starfighter than they are shooting ducks at a carnival with the way the ship is designed. Anybody can sit on the outskirt of the fighting and just shoot away, but you need skill to get in there, mix it up, chase down your enemy while evading others, outmaneuvering them and delivering a kill shot.

Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:37 PM | #19
It is reasonable, as were my suggestions. The reason I hold gunships in such low standing is because they're less playing starfighter than they are shooting ducks at a carnival with the way the ship is designed. Anybody can sit on the outskirt of the fighting and just shoot away, but you need skill to get in there, mix it up, chase down your enemy while evading others, outmaneuvering them and delivering a kill shot.
I don't find nerfing gunship range reasonable though, especially if you are trying to nerf it so they can't be offensive on a capital ship even though they are far out of range of any node, and anyone can avoid them if they get out of range and thereby force the gunship to pursue.

Sangrar
02.10.2014 , 07:40 PM | #20
No sorry as a matter of policy I just ignore stupid people who clearly don't know what the point of the discussion is.
ok, arrogance and condescending attitude aside, let me see, believing a gunship at a capital ship is not really offensive considering how far away they are from any objective and are only useful at that area if the other team is spawncamping, yes I am *totally stupid*