Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tired of Qyzen Fess, next companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Tired of Qyzen Fess, next companion?

GamewizX
12.23.2011 , 02:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stickyricky View Post
Tharen is better by far. Extra CC, more dps. Just start off fights with shield up and he won't spend the whole fight healing you. Tharen is your succubus, Qyz your voidwalker. I honestly don't know what people are doing wrong in order to have to use Qyz. Seriously.
It's because the dps and heals that Tharen puts out is rather small in comparison to your own. Specced Telekinetics I can dps all of the mobs down while I just keep Qyzen shielded.

Since I can keep Qyzen alive, even as a DPS, he fullfills the tank role. If you have Tharen out you effectively have no tank for the longer heroic boss fights or for hard pulls in +2 heroics.

In normal content might as well have whomever you want out... it really doesn't make that much of a difference. But for the harder content, one of the tank companions is the better way to go.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

GamewizX
12.23.2011 , 03:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eliezer View Post
That is assuming you go to Nar Shaddaa before going to Taris, or else it will a few levels beyond that.
Not sure why you would do that, because Nar Shadda's level requirement is higher than Taris.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Brittaany_Banks
12.23.2011 , 03:52 PM | #13
I know you get her late but Nadia is a superb companion. Her shield mixed with force armor from you makes her very tank worthy without a drop in her dps. Once I got her in beta I stopped using qyzen
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Brittaany_Banks
12.23.2011 , 04:18 PM | #14
I know you get her late but Nadia is a superb companion. Her shield mixed with force armor from you makes her very tank worthy without a drop in her dps. Once I got her in beta I stopped using qyzen
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Tugglife
12.24.2011 , 12:18 PM | #15
Do you get Theran from doing the main class story quests, or is he a side quest? I ask because I generally don't do any of the side quests(I stick to main quests, PvP, flashpoints, heroics, space missions).

If he is attained in a side quest, can anyone tell me which one it is so that I don't miss it? Thanks.

Bionixx
12.24.2011 , 12:19 PM | #16
Theran is fun and I have much more survivability with him but I'm forced to tank the mobs which means I can't backstab them. So, I'm back to Qyzen.
Something, something, something, dark side.
Something, something, something, complete.

Caibre
12.24.2011 , 02:11 PM | #17
I kept Qyzen until you get Zenith on Balmorra. An Agent companion with a good ranged single target and aoe kit. He also has a shield wall type survivability cooldown for pinch tanking.

Tugglife
12.24.2011 , 10:14 PM | #18
Qyzen is just super slow to react in combat for me unless I micro manage him which I don't want to have to do. I want my companion to speak basic and I want to feel some sort of connection with them. "I kill for scorekeeper. I like Yuon. She accept me as person." Blah.

My buddy with a 17 sentinel rolls up with a cool jedi companion chick and I whip out my ugly lizard with the funky eyeball.

Tugglife
12.25.2011 , 09:50 PM | #19
Still waiting on someone to say whether Theran is attained through the main story quest or a side quest on Nar Shadaa.

OCoChoco
12.25.2011 , 10:26 PM | #20
Are any companions acquired through side quests?