Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Windows XP 64 bit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rhyltran
12.22.2011 , 09:20 PM | #1
Okay. I have a windows 7. I had no problem installing the game. My wife has a strange issue. Currently it's downloading right now but before hand this came up when she tried to install..

Star Wars: The Old Republic cannot be installed in this version of Windows. Please check the system requirements. Would you like to continue installation?

This is odd because windows xp is supported isn't it? Anyone know why she's getting this?

Edmard
12.23.2011 , 08:58 AM | #2
I'm having th same problem, I have Windows Xp but that message come up. What the hell?

Amarinth
12.23.2011 , 09:01 AM | #3
Have you made sure the windows updates are upto date? With Windows XP you need SP3 installed and with Vista you need SP2 - if not you'll get that message and you may have problems starting the game.
We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside...

Blackfathom
12.26.2011 , 12:14 AM | #4
Having the same problem here. When i try to run the launcher all i get is "The Launcher is being updated. Please wait" and it sits there forever, is there a fix to this? Im running windows xp 64 bit and have service pack 2.

SeLexeL
12.26.2011 , 12:21 AM | #5
I used to have XP 64bit, and I think support for it stopped a while back...as in, I don't think XP 64 is considered when testing.
Most using XP have the 32bit version, so they focus more on that.
...Responsibility is the key !!

Blackfathom
12.26.2011 , 12:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SeLexeL View Post
I used to have XP 64bit, and I think support for it stopped a while back...as in, I don't think XP 64 is considered when testing.
Most using XP have the 32bit version, so they focus more on that.

Well the game supports XP 32/64 bit and yet i still get this message.

Blackfathom
12.26.2011 , 12:27 AM | #7
Edit: I was able to get the launcher to work and start downloading "English Video 1 1.68 GB Remaining" I dont know if this is downloading off the disc (which i dont think is the case because its downloading very slow) or is some kind of patch. I havent even downloaded the game yet because setup.exe wont run from my D:/ drive.

tullnd
12.26.2011 , 12:30 AM | #8
Just to clarify, XP 64 bit is not really included when applications say they support Win XP.

XP 64bit was almost an afterthought. Sort of a technology test for microsoft. Vista was the first fully 64bit MS OS that was cross compatible with all apps with it's 32bit counterpart.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues with WinXP64bit. Other apps have had trouble with it in the past.

Blackfathom
12.26.2011 , 12:32 AM | #9
I understand XP 64 bit is dying out. However thats not the issue here, the issue is that the game clearly states it works for both versions of XP and i cannot get it to work.

SeLexeL
12.26.2011 , 12:35 AM | #10
Yeah, I meant MS have stopped supporting it. I had a few issues with certain driver updates, but not so much with games.
The messages I read with some games were, technically these games may work on XP64.
Either way, it prompted me to upgrade to Win 7 64bit.

Out of curiosity, are you up to date with the .net frameworks, and Visual C++ redist packages ??
...Responsibility is the key !!