Alternate mastered bonuses

Verain

When people say "Mastered Ship" it means two things.

What I'll call "Silver Mastery" is a silver icon on a ship. This is granted with cartel ships. It grants 10% extra ship req and fleet req earned with that ship.

What I'll call "Gold Mastery" is a gold icon on a ship. This is granted when you have mastered at least one of every component- right around 150,000 ship req spent. This grants 10% extra ship req and fleet req earned with that ship, same as the silver icon. When people say "mastered ship" this is normally what the refer to- a ship with max upgrades in at least one configuration.

While I do think that the cartel perk could be a bit stronger- this works out to "you earn an extra 13,600 requisition as you gear out this ship"- that isn't what I want to talk about.

A "Gold Mastered" ship should have a couple options.

A- 10% extra requisition earned. This effects ship and fleet req. This is the current option.

B- Increase fleet req earned with this ship by 25%. While it is intended to spend cartel coins, you end up with a wild amount of ship req.

C- Funnel: Select a second ship of the same class as the first. 30% of ship req earned becomes ship req for the selected ship. You earn not fleet req while this is active.

I realize that the intention of tons of worthless ship req is to get people to spend cartel coins, I think the rate is a bit harsh, and that there should be some other, less efficient ways to gear up an alt ship from a main ship.

"B" will never never happen... They want you to spend CC on the exchange.

Personally I think that you should have the option of buying another ship just like it at the baseline model (like a new Starguard/Rycer or Novadive/Blackbolt so you can have a second loadout if you wanted to work for it. Maybe make it cost 100k ship reqs? I dunno, something...

All I'd honestly like to see is the Mastered Ship bonus be tied to legacy. So say you get a ship mastered on your main and you'd like to kit an alt out for GSF. As it currently is you just have to start from scratch and do the whole grinding process over again with no perk for grinding it on another character. By making ship mastery legacy wide alts will get a slight benefit in increased requisition to make the grind slightly less painful.

• 1 month later...
All I'd honestly like to see is the Mastered Ship bonus be tied to legacy. So say you get a ship mastered on your main and you'd like to kit an alt out for GSF. As it currently is you just have to start from scratch and do the whole grinding process over again with no perk for grinding it on another character. By making ship mastery legacy wide alts will get a slight benefit in increased requisition to make the grind slightly less painful.

EDIT: see my post here.

Edited by Hartog

If I could unlock five flashfires, I would be so happy.

Solid ideas so far, but I'd be happy with simply a credits version of ship-to-fleet. Those of us who do (almost) nothing but GSF have little else to spend our credits on, after all.

Would also suggest a way to unlock ships and crew members, and maybe T0-2 components, legacy-wide. I've unlocked the same flashfire/sting build with approximately the same crew members five times, and a "backup" build four times, and I don't really have much incentive to do so again because it's kind of a pain (also because booster recharge really sucks until T4 or so).