Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All the healers that DPS in FP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the healers that DPS in FP

NoFishing
02.08.2014 , 03:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aceavenger View Post
If health is fine, great do some DPS, if I'm 100 hit points left and I see pebbles fly by my head, I'm pissed.
Your OP lacked this sort of sensible nuance. So NO!!!

morfius
02.08.2014 , 03:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Sounds like you have been running with DPS that are pretending to be healers then. A good healer will keep you alive while still throwing out a little bit of damage.
This^^

I hope on trinity based FPs GF will be made properly and you will got only role you have role by most points spent in trees not just due AC.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Selenial
02.08.2014 , 03:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by aceavenger View Post
I guess the point I'm getting at is baddie healers letting groups die because no one gets heals while they were doing DPS. complete 72 gear blowing 3 cooldowns on a mob and still dying while the healing does little to no DPS.
I can actually understand this, I'm getting close now to full BIS 78 (Hilt, One relic and an armoring off) and I dps in flashpoints a lot, sometimes I literally don't notice a tanks HP go down because I'm DPS'ing.

Now, I've never had a tank die on me in a FP that wasn't due to being knocked off an edge, or drawing 7 champs in Athiss and not keeping them all on him, but the danger of a tank dieing is there.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Eitetsu
02.08.2014 , 05:34 PM | #24
My sorc healer is is almost BiS. Flashpoints are ridiculously easy to heal at this point. I press two buttons and you're healed for 14k. So no. I will throw DoTs and lightning all I want, thanks.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

Tachenko_Yuri
02.08.2014 , 05:51 PM | #25
as an operative, I like to collect more TAs with the shiv attack, so, no.
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Dread Slayer - The Red Eclipse - Potentiae Guild
You have 15977 days of subscription play time remaining. - Creation Date: 1/1/1970 ...mmk then? O.o o.O

MidichIorian
02.08.2014 , 07:00 PM | #26
I like to throw in some tanking too. So far I've tanked a few FP HM' bosses and level 50 ops bosses on scoundrel. Last boss I tanked on scoundrel was Soa, the idiot pugs fell down and died so I took it upon me to put the boss under the falling "thingis" during the last phase. I healed the few survivors while doing it because I had to keep the aggro up.

Thorkir
02.08.2014 , 07:46 PM | #27
Nay.

If everyone is in no danger of dying arbitrarily, I see no reason to stand around and do nothing. I've got a blaster; I'm gonna use it.
"All will be well."

mokkh
02.08.2014 , 11:38 PM | #28
Flip-side of the coin, ran the new kuat fp yesterday on a dps lowbie toon I'm messing with and got grouped with two healers. 4 deaths later I never got a single heal from either of them, I was never even targeted in fact (since I see group member's ToT). Maybe that was just a misqueue for roles or something but, yeah when I play any of my healers I dps as much as I can and pull the plug immediately when it's time to do my real job.

chuixupu
02.09.2014 , 02:40 AM | #29
I've done plenty of flashpoints where I spent more time DPS's as a healer simply because everyone was so overgeared for the content that very little healing was needed. It's been a common thing for years, going back to other MMOs. So don't make a blanket statement. When healing is really challenging, I wouldn't waste my resources and global cooldowns. Most likely, as people said, you're either dealing with DPS queued as a healer, or just really new and uneducated players that aren't really aware of what they're supposed to do. Or maybe they queued as a healer by mistake.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Brittaany_Banks
02.09.2014 , 02:42 AM | #30
I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overgeared for all the 55HM FPs. If there is a pause in healing needed I will DPS a little. Deal with it. I guarantee you're not going to kick me and wait upwards of 15-30 minutes to get a backfill, competent healer.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?