Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All the healers that DPS in FP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the healers that DPS in FP

demotivator
02.08.2014 , 09:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aceavenger View Post
Stop!!!
If the only thing you do as a healer is heal, you're useless. There is nothing wrong at all with helping with a DOT or AOE here and there.

And as a foot note, maybe healers wouldn't need to heal non stop in some groups if the DPS didn't act stupidly. Conclusion: when running with a competent group there is room for a healer to toss some DPS.
Randomizing your forums.

DarthVengeant
02.08.2014 , 09:29 AM | #12
Your wrong sir.

If everyone's health is fine you can kick in a bit of DPS here an there. Same with Ops.

branmakmuffin
02.08.2014 , 09:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
If the only thing you do as a healer is heal, you're useless. There is nothing wrong at all with helping with a DOT or AOE here and there.
Well, not quite useless, but yeah, a decent healer does more than heal and then just sit there and watch heath bars like a hawk to the exclusion of everything else.

We could give the OP the benefit of the doubt (not that his petulance indicates he's worthy of it) and assume he meant healers who spend too much time DPSing.

aceavenger
02.08.2014 , 10:10 AM | #14
If health is fine, great do some DPS, if I'm 100 hit points left and I see pebbles fly by my head, I'm pissed.

Velassra
02.08.2014 , 10:43 AM | #15
I did a FP on my operative. The tank and I were at the upper limit of the FP, the 2 DPS were the low end. The only reason wee moved a decent pace was because I was DPSn too. No one died either.

Sangrar
02.08.2014 , 10:46 AM | #16
Stop!!!
so wait, if I am in Kuat Drive Yards with 3 healers and a tank, none of us should dps but that tank

lol 5/10, its a case by case basis but if the healer already has everyones health topped off nicely then he can throw in a few damaging moves here and there, nothing wrong with that.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

mikebevo
02.08.2014 , 11:54 AM | #17
If health is fine, great do some DPS, if I'm 100 hit points left and I see pebbles fly by my head, I'm pissed.
Healer may be pissed too, because dps and tank are killing golds while healer is in a never ending stun lock, that dps and tank are oblivious to until their health bars start falling fast. Use to love running Koan on my healers.

Muljo_Stpho
02.08.2014 , 12:36 PM | #18
I've played an Operative healer to 55 doing lots of flashpoints along the way and I've also played a Mercenary healer grouped with a friend (she played a DPS Assassin) to 55 doing lots of flashpoints along the way. I enjoyed playing both types of healers and heard "nice heals" from people many times on each character, and my rule was often that it was okay to throw out 1-3 attacks when everybody was high on health / in no immediate danger. Try not to use anything too big that would burn away energy that might be needed for heals if things turn bad real quick, of course. But get a little damage out there. Throw out some small heals and some more healing over time regularly to make sure there's always some sort of healing going on, and be prepared to toss out some more serious heals when necessary. But there's no point in not contributing anything at all in those moments where the team is in a fairly safe position and doesn't need any heals right away.

Obviously it can be a bit of a fine line to draw. A healer that doesn't recognize those safe moments / doesn't maintain their over time effects / doesn't try to keep a decent reserve energy pool on hand for emergency heals / etc. That's a healer that will react too late to an emergency and run out of energy while trying to make up for it. Those are the healers that the OP should be complaining about.

Suzina
02.08.2014 , 01:11 PM | #19
Stop!!!
1. Why?
2. Why should anyone care to play how you want them to play?
3. That reason you sated for #2, what if I don't share that as the reason for my subscription?

I'm not too threatened to say I play a sorc healer as my main and ALWAYS dps in flashpoints. If someone dies, that's what rez's are for.
Member of Bane Fleet

taxidermis
02.08.2014 , 01:13 PM | #20
This. /end thread
RIP Begeren. new beginnings on harbinger