Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

All the healers that DPS in FP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the healers that DPS in FP

Heal-To-Full's Avatar


Heal-To-Full
02.14.2014 , 11:41 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
It always feels to me like "they get the laurels because they defeated the boss, but the healers are easily forgotten". That's how SWTOR healing arrives at me. No-one says : "Thanks for healing." Everyone expects it, but no-one thanks for it.
And how often do healers and tanks say "Thanks for DPSing"?

I've seen a few "thanks for tanking", because the main tank is just so raid-defining, and I have actually seen "thanks for heals", but never, from anyone to anyone else, "thanks for the damage". All right, once, but that was a guest DPS from game's top few that specifically came to help.

Healing is no more and no less important than other roles. It's just a job. Yes, it's a bit more personal, because you see the heals coming to you, but really it's largely just DPS in reverse. It's more demanding than DPS, you get fewer breaks, but there's nothing special about it that deserves thanks more than other roles do.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Jamalzero's Avatar


Jamalzero
02.17.2014 , 08:38 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
Do you have any clue what you are talking about? You do realize that you can keep probes up as well as shiv, granting you more TA. If you played your class right, you would realize you are hurting your group by sitting around doing nothing instead of maximizing your energy usage. I am doing everything you are plus more.
I do play my class right and I never waste energy but i do see how you do, and you never acknowleged the letting people die part of my comment (which never happens with me as a healer). and you do what DPS knowingly dropping your energy? again i say why take that risk?


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
My energy bar never drops below 80%, I keep my team up and DPS as well. If you knew how to play your class, you would realize you don't need to keep everyone at 100%.
It not a matter of i have to, its a matter of IF a huge hit happens what happens if youre at low energy because youve been DPS'n??? and then another huge hit happens before you can recover...this is what causes wipes...2-3 DPS drop while youre Dirty rezing them the tank drops, you use a battle res and then the Main tank drops what then? this is a direct result of you not doing your job, had you been healing their health bar wouldnt have dropped below 65% take the Kell Dragon in S&V (2nd phase) if not everyone is at 100% (which they wouldnt be under your healing) would you dps through that phase as the whole raid is taking damage???

--OR-- during TFB

when the hypergate irregulators appear and dps moved a little slow killing the orbs and theirs 6 still active and everyone is taking (now) 5k and increasing on each tick would you stop healing to help DPS or would you heal? (knowng you youd probably DPS and cause a wipe due to the lack of heals)


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
You obviously don't know how to play an Op healer if you think you should keep everyone at 100%. Let HoTs heal them from 80-100% when running to the next pack.

Stop talking about boss fights and trash packs as if they are the same thing. Obviously mechanics of boss fights are unique to the situation.
This whole time ive been talking about bosses......NEVER not once have i said mob....I dont give a fck about trash mobs...if a healer wants to attack a trash mob by all means go ahead.... thats not gonna kill a raid...if it kills your raid groups again i say stop playing with undergeared baddies and learn to play with a big boy guild...

also, i noticed you didnt acknowlege that (the undergeared) portion of my post either....so ill take you ignoring that part of my post as a confirmation that in fact you do play with a few undergeared DPS so I now understand why you have a DPS mentality when you heal (which is why youd never heal for me)


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
I can easily keep groups alive in raids and throw in DPS at the same time. I never once have seen someone ask where healing is. Some of us have enough situational awareness to keep groups alive and help damage at the same time.
I dont think you do...


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
Work on reading comprehension. I never get below 70% energy unless it is a conscious choice on my part. While keeping everyone healed. While helping DPS from time to time.
oh no youre attackng my comprehension (parry), dude I said that because outside of THIS post in retaliation to me ripping apart your other posts you have NEVER mentioned your energy usage so i can only assume or use CONTEXT CLUES to figure out what is going on in your world lol

Then you say "I never get below 70% energy unless it is a conscious choice on my part." thus contradicting your whole statement............................


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
Obviously you never check logs. If you did, you would see how much overhealing (wasted energy) you do.
By this im assuming you mean parse.....I dont use parse, why? i dont care for it and my guild never told me, "Yuffie we want you in parse" everyone else is but they trust my heals and never told me to get in parse. I dont even have it downloaded. I just know about it.


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
And WZs are not about having the highest healing numbers. It is about accomplishing the most objectives. Sometimes that means spam healing to get a few million heals, but more often than not the healer who gets 2 million heals in a WZ is a bad healer.
In red, thats not the objective for a healer right? did anyone else read this and say, "do you even read what youre typing as a debate on a forum???"

also, what i highlighted in red contradicts that whole mini paragraph...

also how is a healer that had 2 mil heals bad? no one on his team died and if they did it was MAYBE 1-2 deaths that couldve been prevented had people not LOS'd me mid kolto injection....at this point i think your trolling...and just like to talk with no actual point but to make yourself look like a fool lol



Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
Heal less and help accomplish the objectives and your team will win more matches. If you can burst kill someone who is at 10% health, that is more effective than healing the damage that guy does for the next 3 minutes.
of course if i have the chance to cap a node i will, im notsaying in standing there with 1 thumb up my but and the other hand healing an ally, I just dont DPS because thats not my role... Im a healer and this is the reason multiple guild (insert name drop) will pick me up to PvP with them. I dont ever pvp alone i normally just do flashpoints and story then i get a whisper, "hey get on Rose and PvP with us" i swap and i go in and 9/10 we win given we dont have derps on the other 4 man frame...if its an arena ive never lost due to the fact i heal non-stop and Im running non-stop... I learned at level 30 to run and heal which is why operatives are by far the best healers I can keep people above 80% just messing around and running circles around my allies (most dont like it because they find the running and jumping annoying) but this ensures that I dont find myself in a Smash, DfA, OS, or any other AOE ability...


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
If you have 0 damage in a WZ, that means you haven't stunned once. If debilitate, flash bang and sever tendon aren't on continual cooldown, you are a bad op healer in PvP.
Right im a bad operative healer because i choose to heal instead of attack... that split second it takes to debilitate, flashbang, seismic grenade is all some jug needs to cripple/kill the guy im healing...all they need is that one moment that im not healing and the guy im healing is fcked. I dont take that chance unless IM being attacked I know i can keep myself alive if im being attacked, its other people i hold higher than myself and ill heal (and i can heal) through at least 3 people beating on 1 guy if they dont notice me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
debilitate, backstab, shiv, cloaking screen, hidden strike, shiv again should be a rotation you use on every low health player. Killing that low heath guy is better for your team than healing all of the damage he does by staying alive.
while youre doing that someone died..... and im the bad healer...

Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
You sound like the kind of one-track mind player who, if you were a bounty hunter DPS would never off heal because "it isn't your job". Turn your combat logs on and see how much overhealing you do.
On my merc "DPS" I only off heal myself, WHY? if the healer wasnt DPS'n i wouldnt have to off heal now would i???? Healing as a DPS lowers my DPS numbers, and makes fights last longer... I swear youre just a bad player, you DPS as a healer, you Off heal as a DPS....If you guild mates or the people you ran with played their roles correctly you wouldnt have to do their job... This brings me back to my comment about who you play with...are they undergeared or just as bad as you? youre one of those DPS that causes a enrage timer because you were helping the healer that was helping you instead of healing huh?....


Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
Again, I do everything you do while doing some damage as well Op healing is easy enough that there is no excuse to (with the exception of a few boss fights) not throw in some damage.
I know Op healing is easy I never said it wasnt; however I do find this interesting... (highlighted) so you agree that some boss fights have no place for a healer that DPS's if i read that correctly.... If that is what youre saying you have just contradicted EVERYTHING that youve said thus far...

if you wanna play a hybrid thats fine, just dont heal for me. If I see you im kicking w/o question, im not giving you the chance to cause a wipe.
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
02.18.2014 , 01:48 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
And how often do healers and tanks say "Thanks for DPSing"?

I've seen a few "thanks for tanking", because the main tank is just so raid-defining, and I have actually seen "thanks for heals", but never, from anyone to anyone else, "thanks for the damage". All right, once, but that was a guest DPS from game's top few that specifically came to help.

Healing is no more and no less important than other roles. It's just a job. Yes, it's a bit more personal, because you see the heals coming to you, but really it's largely just DPS in reverse. It's more demanding than DPS, you get fewer breaks, but there's nothing special about it that deserves thanks more than other roles do.
Only when you heal can you truly appreciate the derpdom of Maras/Sents Force Leaping into mobs before the tank =p I used to want get a little boggled when I had to deal with foolishness on the tanking side, but having to explain things multiple times to make my job a little smoother healing is far more frustrating.

All roles do need to be played well, though, no doubt about that.

Knorlac's Avatar


Knorlac
02.18.2014 , 02:03 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
And how often do healers and tanks say "Thanks for DPSing"?

I've seen a few "thanks for tanking", because the main tank is just so raid-defining, and I have actually seen "thanks for heals", but never, from anyone to anyone else, "thanks for the damage". All right, once, but that was a guest DPS from game's top few that specifically came to help.

Healing is no more and no less important than other roles. It's just a job. Yes, it's a bit more personal, because you see the heals coming to you, but really it's largely just DPS in reverse. It's more demanding than DPS, you get fewer breaks, but there's nothing special about it that deserves thanks more than other roles do.
It doesn't happen too often, but in OPs and FPs sometimes a "nice DPS" or "He went down fast" is thrown into the round. I think at least in non-progression content, tanking still takes the most amount of effort and foresight to do well and generates the greatest responsibility. Healing also is a defining factor for success, while a bad DPS(I play one myself most of the time, not a bad one though) is the easiest to compensate.

Cidanel's Avatar


Cidanel
02.25.2014 , 09:33 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
I do play my class right and I never waste energy but i do see how you do, and you never acknowleged the letting people die part of my comment (which never happens with me as a healer). and you do what DPS knowingly dropping your energy? again i say why take that risk?
If you ever hear anyone when they are at 100% health, you waste energy. If my energy is at 90% and everyone is 80%+ health, why wouldn't I throw in some DPS? It isn't a risk unless you are bad at your class.

Quote:
It not a matter of i have to, its a matter of IF a huge hit happens what happens if youre at low energy because youve been DPS'n??? and then another huge hit happens before you can recover...this is what causes wipes...2-3 DPS drop while youre Dirty rezing them the tank drops, you use a battle res and then the Main tank drops what then? this is a direct result of you not doing your job, had you been healing their health bar wouldnt have dropped below 65% take the Kell Dragon in S&V (2nd phase) if not everyone is at 100% (which they wouldnt be under your healing) would you dps through that phase as the whole raid is taking damage???

--OR-- during TFB

when the hypergate irregulators appear and dps moved a little slow killing the orbs and theirs 6 still active and everyone is taking (now) 5k and increasing on each tick would you stop healing to help DPS or would you heal? (knowng you youd probably DPS and cause a wipe due to the lack of heals)
You don't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. This thread is about flash points. Stop bringing up OPs. As I have said time and time again, obviously boss fights in OPs are different.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HEALERS DPSing IN FLASH POINTS. NOT OPS.

Quote:
This whole time ive been talking about bosses......NEVER not once have i said mob....I dont give a fck about trash mobs...if a healer wants to attack a trash mob by all means go ahead.... thats not gonna kill a raid...if it kills your raid groups again i say stop playing with undergeared baddies and learn to play with a big boy guild...

also, i noticed you didnt acknowlege that (the undergeared) portion of my post either....so ill take you ignoring that part of my post as a confirmation that in fact you do play with a few undergeared DPS so I now understand why you have a DPS mentality when you heal (which is why youd never heal for me)
I know you have been talking about bosses. Which is why I know you can't read. Do you have any clue what the point of this thread is?

I would never heal for you because you are clueless. You don't even realize that the point of this thread was flashpoints, not raids. If you aren't intelligent enough to read the title of the thread you are responding to, how could you be intelligent enough to play your class right?

I don't have a single DPS above level 30. They are too boring for me. I play only healers and tanks.

Quote:
I dont think you do...
I know you don't think I do. Because you are poor enough at what you do to think anyone could do more than your blind spam overhealing.

Quote:
oh no youre attackng my comprehension (parry), dude I said that because outside of THIS post in retaliation to me ripping apart your other posts you have NEVER mentioned your energy usage so i can only assume or use CONTEXT CLUES to figure out what is going on in your world lol

Then you say "I never get below 70% energy unless it is a conscious choice on my part." thus contradicting your whole statement............................
I will talk slower so that you can understand. I let myself fall below 70% if we are near the end of the fight and a burst DPS from me can finish it. mmmkay?

Quote:
By this im assuming you mean parse.....I dont use parse, why? i dont care for it and my guild never told me, "Yuffie we want you in parse" everyone else is but they trust my heals and never told me to get in parse. I dont even have it downloaded. I just know about it.
Obviously you don't care. If you did check them, they would show you quantifably how much overhealing (wasted energy) you do. Why would you choose to check numbers that tell you that you aren't playing the best you can?

Quote:
In red, thats not the objective for a healer right? did anyone else read this and say, "do you even read what youre typing as a debate on a forum???"

also, what i highlighted in red contradicts that whole mini paragraph...

also how is a healer that had 2 mil heals bad? no one on his team died and if they did it was MAYBE 1-2 deaths that couldve been prevented had people not LOS'd me mid kolto injection....at this point i think your trolling...and just like to talk with no actual point but to make yourself look like a fool lol
Thanks for confirming you are bad at PvP. Let's take Huttball. If you stand in the center healing everyone and end up with 2m heals when you could have grabbed the ball and rolled your way into the endzone, you are bad at PvP.

In Huttball (again, as one example) your job as a team is to score more goals than the opposing team.

Quote:
of course if i have the chance to cap a node i will, im notsaying in standing there with 1 thumb up my but and the other hand healing an ally, I just dont DPS because thats not my role... Im a healer and this is the reason multiple guild (insert name drop) will pick me up to PvP with them. I dont ever pvp alone i normally just do flashpoints and story then i get a whisper, "hey get on Rose and PvP with us" i swap and i go in and 9/10 we win given we dont have derps on the other 4 man frame...if its an arena ive never lost due to the fact i heal non-stop and Im running non-stop... I learned at level 30 to run and heal which is why operatives are by far the best healers I can keep people above 80% just messing around and running circles around my allies (most dont like it because they find the running and jumping annoying) but this ensures that I dont find myself in a Smash, DfA, OS, or any other AOE ability...
I am sorry that you are bad enough to not want to realize people can do everything you are doing plus more. It takes next to no time to stun someone as you are running by, or to give up one GCD to backstab someone about to die.

Quote:
Right im a bad operative healer because i choose to heal instead of attack... that split second it takes to debilitate, flashbang, seismic grenade is all some jug needs to cripple/kill the guy im healing...all they need is that one moment that im not healing and the guy im healing is fcked. I dont take that chance unless IM being attacked I know i can keep myself alive if im being attacked, its other people i hold higher than myself and ill heal (and i can heal) through at least 3 people beating on 1 guy if they dont notice me.
So your situational awareness is so poor that you can't slip behind that jug and stun him, giving the guy you are about to heal four seconds to burn him? Wow...

Quote:
while youre doing that someone died..... and im the bad healer...
Again, I will talk slower.

Someone on the other team died because I killed them. Not someone on my team.

Quote:
On my merc "DPS" I only off heal myself, WHY? if the healer wasnt DPS'n i wouldnt have to off heal now would i???? Healing as a DPS lowers my DPS numbers, and makes fights last longer... I swear youre just a bad player, you DPS as a healer, you Off heal as a DPS....If you guild mates or the people you ran with played their roles correctly you wouldnt have to do their job... This brings me back to my comment about who you play with...are they undergeared or just as bad as you? youre one of those DPS that causes a enrage timer because you were helping the healer that was helping you instead of healing huh?....
I am just repeating myself at this point, if I am DPSing causing someone to off heal, I am doing it wrong. When I DPS as a healer, it is during times when the healing is going well and I have time for it. If I ran a FP with my tank with a healer who refused to attack once (aka, sitting on his *** doing nothing when everyone is at 100% health), I would be very, very annoyed.

Quote:
I know Op healing is easy I never said it wasnt; however I do find this interesting... (highlighted) so you agree that some boss fights have no place for a healer that DPS's if i read that correctly.... If that is what youre saying you have just contradicted EVERYTHING that youve said thus far...

if you wanna play a hybrid thats fine, just dont heal for me. If I see you im kicking w/o question, im not giving you the chance to cause a wipe.
So to summarize, you are one of those newbie level 55s who spam heals with no situational awareness to realize there is more to your role than blindly watching health bars. Gotcha. You are that PvP healer who never stuns, never does any CC, never does anything but run around overhealing everyone just to get top numbers (to hell with the objectives of the match!).

And you are clueless enough to keep talking about OPs boss fights in a thread about flash points. I couldn't simplify this any more for you without drawing pictures with crayons.

Kourage's Avatar


Kourage
02.25.2014 , 09:55 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by aceavenger View Post
Stop!!!
To all the DPS that tank in FP



STOP!!!!!



Problem solved
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))