Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bombers Will Be Nerfed When?

Korithras
02.08.2014 , 04:50 AM | #1
OK so here's just a list of problems with bombers right now:

1 - Very tough to kill, it takes forever to chew through their shields and armor to score a kill.

2 - They can drop quite a number of turrets, but their offensive ones, namely the gun and missile turrets are a the biggest problems. They:
a) rarely if ever miss when it comes to the laser turrets and
b) provide no warning until a missile has been fired by the missile turret

3 - Like gunships, these ships should be slow and hard to kill, but they can't have high-powered engines to boot. I.E. no booster at all preferably, or if not then they need to be gas guzzlers and consume their fuel faster than any other fighter class, and I mean more than they already do. But no evasion techniques. Period. They're supposed to be slow fortresses not nimble, evasive craft. So no abilities that break missile lock, and no armor or abilities to increase evasion. Just make them flying tanks.

4 - Limit the number of bombs/turrets they deploy for crying out loud or make them easier to kill. They're not very big they couldn't possibly soak up as much damage as I see them needing to take before they get killed.

Mikla
02.08.2014 , 05:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post

1 - Very tough to kill, it takes forever to chew through their shields and armor to score a kill.

2 - They can drop quite a number of turrets, but their offensive ones, namely the gun and missile turrets are a the biggest problems. They:

3 - Like gunships, these ships should be slow and hard to kill, but they can't have high-powered engines to boot. I.E. no booster at all preferably, or if not then they need to be gas guzzlers and consume their fuel faster than any other fighter class, and I mean more than they already do. But no evasion techniques. Period. They're supposed to be slow fortresses not nimble, evasive craft. So no abilities that break missile lock, and no armor or abilities to increase evasion. Just make them flying tanks.

4 - Limit the number of bombs/turrets they deploy for crying out loud or make them easier to kill. They're not very big they couldn't possibly soak up as much damage as I see them needing to take before they get killed.
I suggest you try flying one before you go suggesting nerfs, you clearly have no idea how vulnerable a bomber is and how limited the number of drones that can be deployed is.

Ravenschild
02.08.2014 , 06:14 AM | #3

1:Yes it does because they have no evasion ability and are far larger than a strike or a scout (I fly all 3) as well as are incredibly slow.
2: You do realize that other than the drones all they have are guns and a mine or proton torpedo correct?
A:The drones are 1 offensive (gun or missile),1 repair or shield and with the first tier of each in the tree the cool down is 90 seconds. ( a minute and a half). The mines have a cool down of about 60 sec (tier 1) and if you have seeker mines you can have 2 up unless you max the tree and that means one mine is about half gone at tier 1 until you can drop the next mine. I believe seeker mines are the only mines that can do this.
B:Yes they do give a lock on sound. I have been killed by the missile drone enough times since launch.
3:Bombers are slower than gunships,do not have evasion and they drain thrusters far faster.
4:With the respawn time on mines(or the limited amount of proton torpedoes which is about 10 if they choose not to take mines),the respawn time on drones (as listed above) and the fact that emp missles or the scouts emp ability can shut them down/take them out and the fact that they only have lasers,heavy lasers or light lasers (no quads) they need that armor and shield. Its also balanced by the fact they are so slow and burn thrust so quickly and have no evasion ability to break lock. They can duck behind something or around something to break the lock but thats about it.

Admittedly my experience is with the 5k fleet req one not the 2.5k one. Mine is also only tier 1 (in 2 places with 1 tier 2). The gun and the missle drone do far less damage than a standard rail gun shot or concussion missile and have long cool downs. They are also fairly easy to kill before you engage the bombers. So are the mines. The only problem you run into is if those cool downs are done with the probes up. They can be dealt with.
If you get hurt,hurt them back.If you get killed,walk it off
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Skaya (Sage)| Dar'gai (Gunslinger)| Gliocas (Sorcerer)
Star Forge

-Streven-
02.08.2014 , 09:46 AM | #4

I hate bombers BUT everything you say you want already exists. They don't have a missile break. They do have a very limited supply of drones. They have no evasion that i'm aware of. They are slow tanks with almost no dogfighting ability. I guess the only thing you don't have yet is an early warning for missile locks. They are slow enough, taking away boost would make them absolutely useless which is not how you balance something.

Sangrar
02.08.2014 , 10:13 AM | #5

they already DON'T have abilities to break missile lock, no boost would mean that you would spend half the match crawling to the node, just for a gunship to pick you off before you could do anything, its ship BALANCE, not ship MAKE-WHATEVER-SHIP-THAT-MIGHT-BE-OP-INTO-A-SHIP-WORSE-THAN-ALL-OF-US!! Seriously, and they are flying tanks that why they got damage reduction like they do, to give them a chance. You also write this assuming every bomber is a dronecarrier, what about the minelayers that have significantly less utility that the dronecarriers? What do you plan to do with them? And the number of mines and turrets deployable at once already IS limited. And even a gunship can easily outrun a bomber, you say they should be slow like gunships, but the truth of the matter is they already have less engine capability than them. Lastly, the only reason mines and drones are hard to hit is because they are small and from a distance easy to miss, still you can easily see them fro ma distance and hitting them is still very possible. Question have you even played a bomber and how much do you know about them?
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

NotThatOne
02.08.2014 , 11:29 AM | #6
So you're here again, begging for sitting ducks. Dude.. learn to play.
Animal-mutha, 55 Combat Medic
<Black Squadron>
POT5

Tenacity
02.08.2014 , 12:33 PM | #7
Quote:
I suggest you try flying one before you go suggesting nerfs, you clearly have no idea how vulnerable a bomber is and how limited the number of drones that can be deployed is.
One bomber, yes.

Two bombers, no.

Three or more bombers, hell frakking no.

The problem with bombers and gunships alike is that their power multiplies exponentially in groups, rather than linearly. This compounds with the fact that bombers require absolutely no skill on the player's behalf to get kills or contribute to the team - at least gunships required -some- amount of aiming proficiency (though, due to apparently having lightspeed railguns, not as much as I'd like).

Compare them to the amount of personal skill required to do well in a strike fighter or scout, it's absurd.
THE LYNX LEGACY
Lynx --- Telbasta --- Leonen --- Pakhet --- Maihos
Rashkah --- Kha-Tal --- Sorthak --- Arshia

reclipsed
02.08.2014 , 12:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
One bomber, yes.

Two bombers, no.

Three or more bombers, hell frakking no.

The problem with bombers and gunships alike is that their power multiplies exponentially in groups, rather than linearly. This compounds with the fact that bombers require absolutely no skill on the player's behalf to get kills or contribute to the team - at least gunships required -some- amount of aiming proficiency (though, due to apparently having lightspeed railguns, not as much as I'd like).

Compare them to the amount of personal skill required to do well in a strike fighter or scout, it's absurd.
just stop.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Tenacity
02.08.2014 , 12:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by reclipsed View Post
just stop.
How about no?
THE LYNX LEGACY
Lynx --- Telbasta --- Leonen --- Pakhet --- Maihos
Rashkah --- Kha-Tal --- Sorthak --- Arshia

silvershadows
02.08.2014 , 12:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
How about no?
How about you learn what you can do to counter bombers?

Like, I dunno, flying a strike fighter with EMP missiles?

Good gods people, I fly a burst cannon flashfire and I have ZERO issues with bombers. If they kill me, it's my own damn fault.

All the whiners in the world flock to GSF - a shooter game where skill actually matters far more than what buttons you can push and how fast. This isn't ground pvp, and I am so glad for that.

Perhaps instead of whining, people should try harder, learn to play better, practice more. That, or just admit you aren't good at it - because there is no shame in not playing a shooter well, there are a lot of people who suck at shooters - and most of them are also MMO players

Typically, MMORPGs and RPGs in general require a different skillset and mindset than shooter games. Shooter games require that you don't get overly annoyed when you die, because it's going to happen. Even the best pilots get shot down - if you are being targeted by 4-5 people, you're not going to live, that's just how it is.

People who play shooters regularly understand that, in an FPS you basically go out, shoot people, die, respawn, go out, shoot people, die, respawn - over and over. They don't freak out and scream for things to be nerfed if they die, they just... respawn.

Then you get the people who can't handle it, who don't have the patience for it. They freak out, scream for nerfs, cry hacks, whine whine and whine some more, and eventually quit. That quitting turns out to be the best thing for them cause then they aren't stressed anymore.

So yeah, maybe you should just quit if you hate it so much.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.