Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF Deathmatch Suggestion: Removed Damage Boost Powerups

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
GSF Deathmatch Suggestion: Removed Damage Boost Powerups

Pilgrim_Grey
02.07.2014 , 11:24 PM | #1
Title says it all. I don't mean the one that ups your weapon power level, I mean the one that ups your damage.

I picked up one of these on my Gunship and killed four ships in four shots. And not damaged ships, either. We're talking your big Corellian ships... I mean, ships with full shields and no hull damage.

Deathmatches and GSF don't need this, even if it was crazy fun to do it at first. People are already complaining about one shots, and this power-up let me do it consistently. Did I add that this gunship only has the first 2 tiers unlocked on the Slug railgun I was using?

The other power-ups are good and balanced, I would say... not game changing, but a boost. But the damage... it's just wrong. Thoughts?

okiobe
02.07.2014 , 11:28 PM | #2
It's not just gunships. I one-shot strikes with my burst cannons all the time. It could use some tuning down but in general I like the power-ups. A damage power-up help me bring our team back from about a 5 kill deficit to win 50-48. Held them at 48 for about 7-8 kills. It was fun.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

Verain
02.07.2014 , 11:34 PM | #3
I am fine with the double damage. I don't care that your gunship killed four people- when you get that, it is an opswide announcement to the other team, and the powerup is rare. If they want to sit around and get owned, good for them.

Full charge a slug with that. UNNNNLIIIMMITTED POWWARRRRRRRRR

dancezwithnubz
02.07.2014 , 11:58 PM | #4
i picked up that boost in a match the other day with a Targeting Telemetry/Concentrated Fire Blackbolt.

I confess, I very much enjoyed watching a bomber disappear into smoke and flame under a cloud of big red numbers.

Zharik
02.08.2014 , 12:09 AM | #5
I think there should be a power-up that is all 3 power boosts but only 30 seconds.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

DEATHICIDE
02.08.2014 , 01:33 PM | #6
I am not a fan either, I would rather it be a temporary infinite power pool/missile restock rather than a damage buff.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

silvershadows
02.08.2014 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
Title says it all. I don't mean the one that ups your weapon power level, I mean the one that ups your damage.

I picked up one of these on my Gunship and killed four ships in four shots. And not damaged ships, either. We're talking your big Corellian ships... I mean, ships with full shields and no hull damage.

Deathmatches and GSF don't need this, even if it was crazy fun to do it at first. People are already complaining about one shots, and this power-up let me do it consistently. Did I add that this gunship only has the first 2 tiers unlocked on the Slug railgun I was using?

The other power-ups are good and balanced, I would say... not game changing, but a boost. But the damage... it's just wrong. Thoughts?

They don't need to be removed, they just need to be lowered, down to about 10-15-20 percent extra damage rather than 200 percent.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

Helig
02.08.2014 , 02:05 PM | #8
I agree - they need to be toned down hard. Once I grab it, ships just explode from a couple of light taps.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

stealthrider
02.08.2014 , 02:15 PM | #9
These powerups should not exist in the PvP game.

They SHOULD have existed in the original PvE space game. If you're going to make a Star Fox-like rail-shooter, it should at least have some of the fun parts of Star Fox-likes, like powerups. However, the Devs stated at the time that they didn't want to include powerups due to it being too arcade-y and unrealistic.

...So now they include them in the much less arcade-y, much more "realistic" GSF. It's going back on everything they previously said. Powerups wouldve been great in a PvE rail-shooter, but not a dogfight sim with paper-thin hulls and shields.

Bioware's decisions make no sense sometimes.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Danylia
02.08.2014 , 03:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
I am not a fan either, I would rather it be a temporary infinite power pool/missile restock rather than a damage buff.
Missile restock powerup. Yes please.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.