Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bomber OP in Death Match

Armonddd
02.07.2014 , 08:26 AM | #2
such broken, so destroy, many damage, much kill, wow
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

ToMyMa
02.07.2014 , 08:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
such broken, so destroy, many damage, much kill, wow
Well, it's more the powerups that are OP. 1k damage per shot with heavy laser with the red power up

okiobe
02.07.2014 , 08:31 AM | #4
Seeing that achievement coupled with an OP comment made me smile. I've had matches like that on my Flashfire/Sting. I would say that the bomber was extremely skilled at setting traps or more likely the other team tunneled in on the bomber and didn't even take note that they were dying to mines/drones.

Give people a week or so to learn how to counter bombers. Remember the bombers were released when FTP players were given access. This mean not only do they have to learn about countering bombers they first have to learn how to fly their own ship, learn the maps, learn what the CDs do, etc. Honestly that is hard to do when one or two good players can dominate a match.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

ToMyMa
02.07.2014 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by okiobe View Post
Seeing that achievement coupled with an OP comment made me smile. I've had matches like that on my Flashfire/Sting. I would say that the bomber was extremely skilled at setting traps or more likely the other team tunneled in on the bomber and didn't even take note that they were dying to mines/drones.

Give people a week or so to learn how to counter bombers. Remember the bombers were released when FTP players were given access. This mean not only do they have to learn about countering bombers they first have to learn how to fly their own ship, learn the maps, learn what the CDs do, etc. Honestly that is hard to do when one or two good players can dominate a match.
Well, the enemy team (and my team) was full of f2p's, but only 2 died to my seeker mines. The rest fell victim to my heavy lasers.

Also, that is an completely un-upgraded dronecarrier I used. The only things I've bought are the railgun drones and the heavy lasers

Brewski
02.07.2014 , 08:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Well, it's more the powerups that are OP. 1k damage per shot with heavy laser with the red power up
So this. I got the damage power up on my Burst scout last night and pegged 4 guys in about 10 seconds. I had an 1800 point critical with one of the shots.

The real question is, do the powerups affect your drones too? Because if they do, I would think that was broken.

okiobe
02.07.2014 , 08:47 AM | #7
I didn't know the powerups made such a big difference.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

Kaivers
02.07.2014 , 09:02 AM | #8
Still not keen on calling them OP but yeah that is kind of crazy.

My main contention is that a bomber pilot can achieve these results by simply mashing buttons and letting the AI do all the work. To get those results in my Striker I would have to work D@MN hard!

ToMyMa
02.07.2014 , 09:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaivers View Post
Still not keen on calling them OP but yeah that is kind of crazy.

My main contention is that a bomber pilot can achieve these results by simply mashing buttons and letting the AI do all the work. To get those results in my Striker I would have to work D@MN hard!
Nope. Go on ToFN. I got 20 kills (not counting assists) in my FlashFire yesterday. It's all them f2p's, and I got around 10 of the kills with mah heavy laser...

Kaivers
02.07.2014 , 09:38 AM | #10
Nope. Go on ToFN. I got 20 kills (not counting assists) in my FlashFire yesterday. It's all them f2p's, and I got around 10 of the kills with mah heavy laser...
Check out this video. He did absolutely nothing and didn't really need to use any special tactics or maneuvers learned from being a more experienced player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0-dQgP-NZI

F2Ps are easy prey for veterans but they are also easy prey for a novice bomber pilot.