Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

do the dev's read this stuff? or actually play this game? GSF=crap now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
do the dev's read this stuff? or actually play this game? GSF=crap now

AK_Snowbat's Avatar


AK_Snowbat
02.07.2014 , 02:06 AM | #1
bombers? really?
are you going to let missles do their own thing next where we can fire them willy nilly and they'll find their own targets?
hell if all i had to do to win was fly in a circle and right click over and over i have rolled a bomber sooner..
serisously bioware... if they were to OP on the test server why would they be less OP now..after you changed nothing. it's hard enough for a new player to actually want to play a GSF game since there is..for some reason..such a massive difference between two exact same ships .. (i served in the military for 12.5 years and my crap didn't get better just cause i was in longer) but now the new players don't stand a chance. Players in these team death match games are literly warping in, cutting engines and sitting at the capital ships waiting for it to end so they can, hopefully one day, upgrade their ship enough to survive combat long enough to actually hit someone.
Game after game they have advanced players vs our "2-shippers" and we'll end the game with 5/6 of the players 0 kills 0 assists...
what's the addiction on MMO's for such a gear gap? why? what's the point and where's the fun?
i reccomend ya'll devs go back to all your pre-launch info releases...read what you said...then do that. that's why a lot of us came...and even more left..

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.07.2014 , 02:11 AM | #2
Sad, but your points are kinda overshadowed by your tone. Try constructive criticisms and/or suggestions. Be open to others' suggestions as well.

Oh and your point about not getting better gear for time served in the military is true, but you ever play Battlefield, COD, etc? Same thing.. it is a game thing... reward for playing keeps people here.... it is that upgrade reward that is working at the moment.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

HoloGrinder's Avatar


HoloGrinder
02.07.2014 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AK_Snowbat View Post
bombers? really?
are you going to let missles do their own thing next where we can fire them willy nilly and they'll find their own targets?
hell if all i had to do to win was fly in a circle and right click over and over i have rolled a bomber sooner..
serisously bioware... if they were to OP on the test server why would they be less OP now..after you changed nothing. it's hard enough for a new player to actually want to play a GSF game since there is..for some reason..such a massive difference between two exact same ships .. (i served in the military for 12.5 years and my crap didn't get better just cause i was in longer) but now the new players don't stand a chance. Players in these team death match games are literly warping in, cutting engines and sitting at the capital ships waiting for it to end so they can, hopefully one day, upgrade their ship enough to survive combat long enough to actually hit someone.
Game after game they have advanced players vs our "2-shippers" and we'll end the game with 5/6 of the players 0 kills 0 assists...
what's the addiction on MMO's for such a gear gap? why? what's the point and where's the fun?
i reccomend ya'll devs go back to all your pre-launch info releases...read what you said...then do that. that's why a lot of us came...and even more left..
I agree with your point wholeheartedly and I understand that your tone comes from watching a game that you really like in a spiral toward it's demise. I am right there with you on that.

HoloGrinder's Avatar


HoloGrinder
02.07.2014 , 08:26 PM | #4
This thread deserves more consideration.

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.07.2014 , 09:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloGrinder View Post
This thread deserves more consideration.
You deserve a time-out...

Your postings have reached near-spam levels...
In my opinion.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

ptwonline's Avatar


ptwonline
02.07.2014 , 10:12 PM | #6
Sadly, I feel like Bombers have really killed off a lot of the fun.

Matches where it is mostly strikes and scouts and even some gunships are great fun, but as soon as bombers enter the mix it just feels like it becomes tedious. A nuisance. Instead of fighting each other you're now cleaning up all these drones, or just throwing up your arms and conceding the area to the other side and going off to do something else.

You can't even dogfight because all these drones will just kill you, and so you have to go and try to destroy these hard-to-hit things. Whoops! The guy you wanted to dogfight has blown you to bits. Too bad, so sad, and oh look: the drones you blew up are replaced already.

silvershadows's Avatar


silvershadows
02.07.2014 , 10:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
You can't even dogfight because all these drones will just kill you, and so you have to go and try to destroy these hard-to-hit things.
How, exactly, are they hard to hit? You target them, you hit them once, they die.

You can see them from a mile off. You can tab target them. They don't even hit that hard.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

ptwonline's Avatar


ptwonline
02.07.2014 , 10:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
How, exactly, are they hard to hit? You target them, you hit them once, they die.

You can see them from a mile off. You can tab target them. They don't even hit that hard.
Because it's rarely just a drone or two that you're fighting. You're trying to fight off multiple enemies AND multiple drones and possibly the guns around the sats, and the damage comes very quickly. So you have to try to take out the drones/guns fast, but I typically find that by the time I've gotten 2 of them, I'm dead because someone else was free to line you up and your shields/hull are weakened from the drones.

The ability to defend areas is too strong now. Even if you show up in a Gunship the defenders are free to leave and nail you because they do not have to worry about leaving the Sat to get capped since it takes so much time and effort to clear it for a cap now.

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
02.07.2014 , 11:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
You deserve a time-out...

Your postings have reached near-spam levels...
In my opinion.
Totally agree.

Theres voicing dissatisfaction, and then theres just cluttering the forums with repeated ramblings on certain agendas. Holo has passed into the second case long ago, perhaps a timeout would benefit him.

it would certainly benefit us.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Verain's Avatar


Verain
02.07.2014 , 11:21 PM | #10
A few ragers is unfortunate but inevitable. I don't think GSF is crap now.