Trying to get PVP gear T2 but...

Raeshalgoul

I keep que'ing for solo rated bc I don't know anyone. a guy tells me to stop bc its messing with his rating. I said what do you want me to do? he said do warzones. I replied that would take for ever bc I want the 2nd tier armor set. is there a different way to get rated points? or is he right. anyhow, I was thinking he should do 4's with ppl he knows.

ummm....well...there something you're not telling us. like is your gear min/maxed? are you augmented? is your expertise at 2018?

if the answer is no...then fix it. especially with the augments. min/maxed is not as important, but if you want to get it at least 80-85% there.

if the answer is yes...i suggest whacking on a training dummy for a few minutes just to get warmed up, or run some regs to get better.

I guess I could do that. but that would exile me to a lot of ppl.

If you go in prepared, as in stims/adrenal pvp gear on you(or PvE with the exploit) and do your best... he can say whatever he wants ignore him.

Just keep in mine the people there expect you to follow instructions like focusing the marked target and so on. As long as you do that and play at the best of your ability(no afk no trolling) just go for it. You will always find people who will want to make the weaker people leave ranked but then again if you are good it will show in the ranking, no matter who the game teams you up with.

well im in full conquest gear with one obroan lightsaber. im at 2018 expt. and my augment is what came with the gear. im about 27k health.

you should really get augment kits and install them to all your gear. just transfer your gear out of your conqueror gear into a look you like so you aren't wasting money.

yeah, but the augment kits cost rated points. so I still have to do solo rated then. unless im not understanding something.

He means get an augment kit and an augment for each piece of gear. They are crafted items. When you're fully augmented you'll have an extra 2800 health and an extra 448 main stat. It makes a big difference in your performance...which is why someone would suggest you get augmented before you jump in the rated queue.

well im in full conquest gear with one obroan lightsaber. im at 2018 expt. and my augment is what came with the gear. im about 27k health.

Thats your problem right there.

Get augment kits and augments off the GTN (28 blues are fine, youll probably want to go for your mian stat augments unless youre a tank), and augment all your gear.

Augments DO make a significant difference in your stats as they are not affected by bolster, so it allows you to push your stats beyond what they are bolstered to. Almost everyone has augmented gear, so youre practically automatically disadvantaged if you dont.

He means get an augment kit and an augment for each piece of gear. They are crafted items. When you're fully augmented you'll have an extra 2800 health and an extra 448 main stat. It makes a big difference in your performance...which is why someone would suggest you get augmented before you jump in the rated queue.

^ this. And pretty much if you are interested enough to be working for the gear, you probably could use to learn a bit more as to be more prepared if you didn't even know this much. Not to be mean, I just think it would help you out to ask more questions on these boards.

The one thing I would suggest is reading L_Randle's post on making credits as a PvPer. Not having Mk-9 augment slots and augments is a major disadvantage. Min/Maxed conqueror gear with full augments is competitive against Obroan/ maxed bolster gear. Also make sure you are running stims. These can be a bit credit intensive, but you can easily make the money quickly if you know how.

Edited by Vodrin

I keep que'ing for solo rated bc I don't know anyone. a guy tells me to stop bc its messing with his rating. I said what do you want me to do? he said do warzones. I replied that would take for ever bc I want the 2nd tier armor set. is there a different way to get rated points? or is he right. anyhow, I was thinking he should do 4's with ppl he knows.

Well the unfortunate part about solo ranked is that there is no match making system or gear recommendation. You defiantly have the right to access all content, but ranked, even solo is not a place to learn the gearing up system. It is like PvE, if you go into HM ops with lvl 66 gear the group leader will 100% kick you.

There are four things two consider before queing for ranked:

1- Are you stimmed? The nano-infused stims sell for ~7.5K on GTN. Buy and use them, always, regardless of what content you are doing.

2- Are you augmented? All gear needs to be augmented, with minimum blue augs. You can buy the augmentation kits and the augments from GTN. They cost about 1.4 million credits, just for blue augs. You will probably need about 1 million more to upgrade from blue to purple augs. You should have at least blue augs on all gear before doing ranked.

3- Have obroan relics. These are the most important piece of PvP gear, and provide the biggest bang for your buck. It is a substantial damage/healing to not have in ranked.

4- Have 1950+ expertise.

If you are doing ranked without the above you should not. It will be a bad experience for you and your allies. Note that from all I listed above, the only thing that requires PvP comms or grinding are the obroan relics, which you could get have the comms to buy before you even become lvl 55. All other gear does not matter much. You should be with 5% range of effectiveness from someone in fully decked obroan with the above.

Edited by Ottoattack

Well the unfortunate part about solo ranked is that there is no match making system or gear recommendation. You defiantly have the right to access all content, but ranked, even solo is not a place to learn the gearing up system. It is like PvE, if you go into HM ops with lvl 66 gear the group leader will 100% kick you.

1- Are you stimmed? The nano-infused stims sell for ~7.5K on GTN. Buy and use them, always, regardless of what content you are doing.

2- Are you augmented? All gear needs to be augmented, with minimum blue augs. You can buy the augmentation kits and the augments from GTN. They cost about 1.4 million credits, just for blue augs. You will probably need about 1 million more to upgrade from blue to purple augs. You should have at least blue augs on all gear before doing ranked.

3- Have obroan relics. These are the most important piece of PvP gear, and provide the biggest bang for your buck. It is a substantial damage/healing to not have in ranked.

4- Have 1950+ expertise.

If you are doing ranked without the above you should not. It will be a bad experience for you and your allies. Note that from all I listed above, the only thing that requires PvP comms or grinding are the obroan relics, which you could get have the comms to buy before you even become lvl 55. All other gear does not matter much. You should be with 5% range of effectiveness from someone in fully decked obroan with the above.

Good post.

Dont forget warzone medpacs and adrenals.

And ideally, grenades too. Cheap and easy to make if you have a cybertech.

Preparation is important for success in rateds.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Op get a set of adaptive gear and augment it

Then swap your mods etc to it as you upgrade other wise you going to waste a lot of time and credits

And with bolster you should be plenty viable for rateds in conquer gear

Read Randals how to be a contender thread it has a lot of info on bolster and gear

4- Have 1950+ expertise.

I applaud the OP for coming to the forums and asking for help, but I would emphasize the underlined section of the quote, both parts of them. Also, a good post by Ottoattack.

How do people even reach 55 without ever having heard of augments? Don't they, at some point, come across other players the same level at themselves and think "hmm, that guy has significally better stats than me, I wonder what that's about". It's like people are living in a bubble.