Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

Younique
02.10.2014 , 09:41 AM | #11
Read this thread and then I immediately start regretting dropping 2500$ into it.
What if it doesn't even make it to the shelfs..?

Wish I wasn't so gosh darn easy to convince about stuff.. >.<

I do have my own fleet now though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Sarfux
02.10.2014 , 04:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
No different then SWTOR being overly hyped only to end up sucking.
Don't be stuck in the past. This game doesn't have nearly the amount of bugs or problems at start up and it has lots more things to do. Plus, it doesn't suck. I don't think people know what "sucks" means. Flat out, completely and utterly hopeless as a game that has bugs every single place you go, is completely unplayable, has no clear story, crashes and nobody ever plays it.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

dermitni
02.12.2014 , 03:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Younique View Post
Read this thread and then I immediately start regretting dropping 2500$ into it.
What if it doesn't even make it to the shelfs..?

Wish I wasn't so gosh darn easy to convince about stuff.. >.<

I do have my own fleet now though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Come now, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you; have some faith in Chris and his team.

Personally, I don't think the $1.200 I pledged for this project were unwarranted; I don't regret it and still am thrilled about the prospect of the next Wing Commander!
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Jiminison
02.18.2014 , 07:46 PM | #14
The game looks amazing and the freedom it offers is amazing.

branmakmuffin
02.18.2014 , 07:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminison View Post
The game looks amazing and the freedom it offers is amazing.
Maybe one day it will even offer the freedom to play it.

CosmicKat
02.19.2014 , 03:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
Don't be stuck in the past. This game doesn't have nearly the amount of bugs or problems at start up and it has lots more things to do. Plus, it doesn't suck. I don't think people know what "sucks" means. Flat out, completely and utterly hopeless as a game that has bugs every single place you go, is completely unplayable, has no clear story, crashes and nobody ever plays it.
That would be SimCity.

TOR is more like a beige Corolla. It's does the job, but not in a particularly exciting way.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

Jandi
02.19.2014 , 04:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
That would be SimCity.

TOR is more like a beige Corolla. It's does the job, but not in a particularly exciting way.
If that Beige Corolla is your first car though, it's the most exciting car you've driven.

Which is kinda the reason why TOR is still chuggin along.

dermitni
02.19.2014 , 04:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Maybe one day it will even offer the freedom to play it.
Hahaha... I wouldn't count on that, friend.

Chris Roberts has made it clear from the beginning that he does not like the common payment systems most of the current MMO's use, and that he will take a different approach. In essence this means, Star Citizen will be a "pay once to play on as many computers you like, as long as you like" game. It will never be a subscription game, and most certainly never a free-to-play game, since that one-time payment will remain the main source of income for the game. And apart from the game, the only thing you'll be able to buy with real cash is UEC (=credits), so no cash-cow-shop ingame either, sorry.

And if you wonder if he'll be able to resist the urge of his publisher to completely forfeit f2p -- surprise, he doesn't need a publisher, so there'll be no one interfering with this.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

branmakmuffin
02.19.2014 , 10:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Hahaha... I wouldn't count on that, friend.
I am counting on it as much as I am counting on the WoD MMO ever becoming a reality: not at all.

If it doesn't eventually have a F2P option, I certainly will not try it. I'm not going to pay money to play a game I've never played.

AshlaBoga
02.19.2014 , 03:52 PM | #20
What are the differences in terms of Galaxy and Economic (mining, trading) between Star Citizen and ELITE: Dangerous??
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!