Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

ImmortalLowlife
02.06.2014 , 10:19 AM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GelwJATJQds

Maybe BW/EA need to start a "class story continuation" kick starter lol
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

ToMyMa
02.06.2014 , 10:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GelwJATJQds

Maybe BW/EA need to start a "class story continuation" kick starter lol
... then all of sudden, the game is released, and it sucks

Would really have me laughing, to be honest...

Denerio
02.06.2014 , 12:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
... then all of sudden, the game is released, and it sucks

Would really have me laughing, to be honest...
No different then SWTOR being overly hyped only to end up sucking.

LadyKulvax
02.06.2014 , 01:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
No different then SWTOR being overly hyped only to end up sucking.
Difference is, the people funded this project, not corporations, so if it sucks those people that spent $38 mill are going to be very very angry about it.

A Triple-A MMO backed by the biggest corporation in the entire industry is quite different.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Eldrenath
02.06.2014 , 01:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Difference is, the people funded this project, not corporations, so if it sucks those people that spent $38 mill are going to be very very angry about it.

A Triple-A MMO backed by the biggest corporation in the entire industry is quite different.
I absolutely agree. And MMO gamers already feel such "ownership" over a game, no gamers complain more and criticize more than MMO players. Can you IMAGINE the forum rage coming from people that helped fund the game? Because ultimately there will absolutely be a number of gamers that aren't happy with the direction the devs take in that game based on the fact that you can't please everyone. And if they helped to fund the project...wow. I cannot WAIT for the forums when this game goes live!

Note: I am NOT saying the game will be bad. I have no idea whatsoever and it could end up being amazing. But no matter what it turns out to be there will definitely be some people that hate it. And if those people paid for the development...ouch. Again: those forums are going to be great.

Andryah
02.06.2014 , 05:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post

Yeah. Only a matter of time before the internet locks up and melts down when these kickstarters (backed by famous names) begin to disappoint.

It will not be good for the concept of kickstarter as a grass roots concept either.
SWTOR... the MMO some people LOVE to HATE, others HATE to LOVE, and others simply embrace it and play it for what it is.

ImmortalLowlife
02.07.2014 , 07:17 AM | #7
I'm really hoping this game turns out to be a masterpiece because I've got a joystick with a broken heart (thanks swtor )that needs some attention. Lol But y'all right....this could either be the greatest flight sim of all time, or the end of the internet!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Arkerus
02.07.2014 , 08:09 AM | #8
I am very concerned because we haven't seen a lick of development except the hangar module. I was a VERY early backer because what I thought they were doing was very exciting.

Here we are, almost a year and half later and all we see is scope creep and promises. As a project manager I fear scope creep in every project and I fear that is what is happening here. I am very concerned this game will never live up to the hype because its almost become this mythical creature that will save gaming when that premise is ridiculous to begin with.

That said, this is game development and quite honestly I have almost NO business telling them to release more demos. They can only physically go as fast as their bodies will let them and assuming this game is as complex as it is, things take time.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

archifikoss
02.10.2014 , 03:58 AM | #9
I am a happy backer of Star Citizen (I've missed Chris Roberts' games) but I only pledged 36 euro for the Aurora LN package, it felt like the best thing to do as, well, we don't have a game yet... I'd rather be cautious. 36 euro is not an amount I'd really cry over, and at worst I would have spoken with my cash in favor of space games. I will be very sad if the game flops or doesn't even make it to release, but I can only begin to imagine how those people who pledged thousands would react if they found SC to be bad

ghoul_drool
02.10.2014 , 04:43 AM | #10
The empty box for Christmas gambit, back with a vengeance.