Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest: Number One with a Bullet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Quest: Number One with a Bullet

Commodus
01.15.2012 , 02:36 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by OuterCrow View Post
I can't imagine how so many people are having problems with this. As a PT tank with Mako healing, I just nuked one of them, interrupting and stunning whenever I could. Popped a couple of survival cooldowns just to be sure (although, still had On The Hunt available). Killed them, no issues...

Obviously, with Merc, it's even easier - just CC one at the beginning.
It can be easy but at times the two guards just keep healing eachother even when one is cc'ed or your companion doesn't follow you into the room and gets bugged/stuck for the remainder of the fight.
Things that shouldn't happen happen and that is the most frustrating about the fight

Soulflames
01.15.2012 , 05:26 AM | #32
Hmm I didn't even know they healed. I completed the questline last night and found it to be pathetically easy. Did they change it recently then?
I am healing specced (although I do triage healing and dps as much as I can on single player stuff) and used Torian. CC one, nuke the other, was done in a minute.
Maybe Torian interrupts? I don't know, but maybe it's worth looking into.

virtualmatrix
01.15.2012 , 10:04 AM | #33
This is garbage Bioware, fix it, fix it in the next patch. FFS *** are you thinking?
Intel Core i7 2600k|eVGA P67 FTW Mobo|eVGA GTX 580x2|Corsair H80|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|Kingwin Lazer 1000watt PSU|2TB WD 7200|Microsoft Sidewinder X8|Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse|Corsair Obsidian 800D

Galentor
01.15.2012 , 03:59 PM | #34
It's a very straightforward fight if you actually watch what they are doing. They are casting the healing ability after the knockback, it has a longer cast time and it is the only thing you should interrupt.

Tactic: use Maco with only their healing skills enabled. Select left or right wall and move to grapple range. Grapple one and use Neural Dart to aggro the other. He will stay in his position so he won't heal the one you're hiting. Dps one at a time, DONT spread your damage between the two. Have your interrupt ready and the moment you get knocked back get up, run towards your target and interrupt his healing ability. Rinse and repeat till he is dead and then move to the other one. Just make sure you have aggro on both.

That's it, not a hard fight at all. And ofc it's not bugged, it just requires to, God forbid, pay attention. As a lvl 50 powertech tank i died once and then wiped the floor with them.

ClogMan
01.16.2012 , 12:58 AM | #35
Must say i was surprised people had such big problems with this quest.
On the fight with the 2 healers, just buff up before fight (adrenals+relics+crit skill) and burn one of them down, and interupt he's healing skill.
UTINII

Doozzer
01.16.2012 , 01:21 AM | #36
i actually heard about how tough this quest was, so i teamed up with a buddy and helped him do his final class quest in return for him helping me power through mine.

I was able to mash through it pretty easily, thanks to having an extra sith warrior with his heal companion in my back pocket.

For anyone who hasn't done it yet, I give you this advice- get a friend, and blow through it. The part where you decide what to do with the supreme chancellor is pretty cool, but most of the quest is the pretty typical 'run around the zone and click shiny blue things to make them explode.'

there's a lot of foreplay before the romantic conclusion, so to speak.

keep in mind that non-bounty hunters can't get to where the quest takes place. You need to have your friend on your ship with you.

To do this, invite your buddy to party and then go into your bounty hunter hangar. He can enter your hangar instance and follow you onto your ship.

Once he's on your ship, you can fly to Corellia Orbital, and get off your ship and he'll be there with you, because he rode on your Mantis.

"Damn, your ship is ugly"
"yea, well your ship is a maze. The Fury sucks. Watch this."
"What?"
"See those stairs? I walk up them and its a straight line to my cockpit. best ship design ever. I don't have to walk half way around this tin can maze just to sit in the driver seat."
"Jealous."

Then, you get to do Number One with a Bullet without spending a half hour crying yourself to sleep over the damn super guard jerks.
TK-421, the fragrance for men.
"Because it was a boring conversation anyways."

Vandraad
01.16.2012 , 02:54 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Galentor View Post
Tactic: use Maco with only their healing skills enabled. Select left or right wall and move to grapple range. Grapple one and use Neural Dart to aggro the other. He will stay in his position so he won't heal the one you're hiting. Dps one at a time, DONT spread your damage between the two. Have your interrupt ready and the moment you get knocked back get up, run towards your target and interrupt his healing ability. Rinse and repeat till he is dead and then move to the other one. Just make sure you have aggro on both.
The issue I'm having is that they are aggroing before I even get into the room. The minute I can see them from out in the hallway, they start running towards me. I electro darted one...backed up pulling the 2nd away and the instant the neuro dart wore off it ran up to join the other. Nothing I do separates the two. They literally are standing inside each others model every damn time.

mugen_dom
01.16.2012 , 04:19 AM | #38
took a little bit to beat the first one the second went down quick...only got 48/50 for the republic forces though WTH?

Galentor
01.16.2012 , 06:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandraad View Post
The issue I'm having is that they are aggroing before I even get into the room. The minute I can see them from out in the hallway, they start running towards me. I electro darted one...backed up pulling the 2nd away and the instant the neuro dart wore off it ran up to join the other. Nothing I do separates the two. They literally are standing inside each others model every damn time.
A friend had the same issue with the 2 guards aggroing the moment he entered the room. He solved it by loging out and back in the game.

Maybe it will work for you as well.

CrazyHippo
01.16.2012 , 08:19 AM | #40
i personally had an issue with this quest, i am a PT and full shieldtech specced (standard tank spec) i was initially using mako as i have done throughout the game. i found that the heals from both of the enemies was so often that there was no way i could keep interupting both of them often enough to actually burn through their health. i dont do a huge amount of dps and the most damaging ability is melee and the knockback is brutal.

after about 6 or so attempts i found this post. i summoned torian and had another go. unfortunately the only companion that i had been gearing was mako as shes the only one i used. i got 1 mob to low health before we died. (on the trail was still on cooldown from before)

i then joined a warzone and then exited back to imperial fleet. i then geared torian with my armourmech in the lvl 49 war gear (green gear all round). i couldnt upgrade his weapon as the only tech staff on the GTN was a mastercrafted one and wasnt cheap.

i went back to the mission and breezed it. i died after killing the first guard as i hadnt cleared the rest of the ship and they all joined in for a bash the BH session

what i found is that the guards didnt heal anywhere near as often as they did when i had mako out. it may have been me but i only had to interupt 2 heals on the first mob and not at all on the second. i may be wrong but that was the impression i got while doing it or the dps was so much more, or that they were part mimicking what mako was doing

hope this helps anyone else that gets stuck here.

note - when i came back some of the mobs had respawned but they all died so quickly that i have now pretty much dropped mako as my companion