Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest: Number One with a Bullet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Quest: Number One with a Bullet

ByDesign
12.31.2011 , 01:37 PM | #21
For those that may not know you should have a Fleet Pass ability in your General tab which will allow you to zone out of the mission.

Honestly my Tank PT spec and Mako should be able to take this but their spaming self healing is way more than this combination.

Its a very poor design when the only way to beat an encounter which must be solo'ed is to run it in a specific way regardless of your previous choices for 50 levels.

This encounter clearly wasn't test or balanced enough before it was released.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally

jakedamus
01.02.2012 , 04:04 AM | #22
I found this part very hard. Especially since I am a healer with only two interrupts.

This is what I did:

Used Mako. Turn off her electric blast interrupt. So she doesnt use it automatically.
Then use it manually when they start to heal themselves.

SO with my two interrupts and hers under my control I managed to beat the first guy down while the other was CC'd.

Dvine
01.02.2012 , 08:15 AM | #23
Thsi quest is very poorly tested, it starts with the usual ******** mobs coming through walls, neighbouring rooms etc. But the crescendo of the whole thing is the darn 2 Supreme Guards, seriously how could anyone possibly beat that with ahuge luck out in crits and CC-s...

Its ridiculous they heal themselves and each other and you dont have enough CC's (incl Mako) to stop them. Insult to injury is that if you die and eventually have to rez at the medcenter you need to clear the whole ******** again.

Someone mentioned the click on escape pods workarund, please do share how to do it as this is ridiculous..

Dvine
01.02.2012 , 03:37 PM | #24
Easy solution for the 2 Supreme guards:

Bring another Bounty Hunter and they die in seconds!!

CybermanZero
01.02.2012 , 05:59 PM | #25
Even if you bug it, (you do it by walking up to them nocking them back then clicking on the escape pod) the quest will complete and you can get the quest rewards, but it will not unlock the dalies on ilum, In other words we are really messed up from them. Talk about not checking their stuff. /sigh

MrMuse
01.08.2012 , 01:38 PM | #26
Okay people heres what you do.

To get OUT if you are stuck queue a warzone and as soon as you are sent to the warzone area reset the quest from your log (it wont reset from inside the ship)

If you are finding that the mission is near impossible dont just keep trying and trying or you will end up just throwing away credits on repairs.

now go to fleet and pick up a buddy and get him to group with you.
get them to follow you back to your ship and then restart the quest on your holo terminal.

Now you have a propper helper it should be a walk in the park.

enjoy.

grinkor
01.14.2012 , 08:31 AM | #27
Fight is impossible to solo as powertech, the two mobs keep cross healing each other and hit like a truck. That combined with how broken makos cc ability is makes it a nightmare for us to solo.

Im specced for DPS yet i die before one of them is at 50% life even with gault Dpsing or Mako using cc and healing. If i switch to ion cylinder and shield i last longer but there is no way to break their healing or splitting them.

Commodus
01.14.2012 , 08:44 PM | #28
There is a nice and easy tactic for killing the two guards and continue the quest.

Spoiler

Oh I did this when specced full bodyguard and with Blizz at my side.

Durzaka
01.14.2012 , 09:32 PM | #29
I CC'ed one and just nuked the other.

They heal every so often for about 3-5k a pop. Which is easily negated if you do a standard dps rotation.
Durzaka Retribution

OuterCrow
01.14.2012 , 11:54 PM | #30
I can't imagine how so many people are having problems with this. As a PT tank with Mako healing, I just nuked one of them, interrupting and stunning whenever I could. Popped a couple of survival cooldowns just to be sure (although, still had On The Hunt available). Killed them, no issues...

Obviously, with Merc, it's even easier - just CC one at the beginning.