Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVindictus's Avatar


DarthVindictus
02.07.2014 , 05:12 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
That's still about twice as long as the engine abilities, while providing more evasion, at the cost of not getting advantageous positioning. Still overpowered.
I think it's the same window of time as barrel roll, in fact barrel roll buys more time, due to the fact that you shoot out of their range and they have to get back in range.

DarthVindictus's Avatar


DarthVindictus
02.07.2014 , 05:13 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliJoe View Post
I got tag teamed earlier. Did a maneuver as the pinging got louder. Got the fire ping. Maneuvered, then hit with a second missile that locked. All within about 1.5 seconds. If these evasion maneuvers are suppose to immune you for a few seconds, it is not functioning correctly at the moment.
Yesterday I was getting missile launched pings without ever getting a locking on ping.

Armonddd's Avatar


Armonddd
02.07.2014 , 07:44 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
I think it's the same window of time as barrel roll, in fact barrel roll buys more time, due to the fact that you shoot out of their range and they have to get back in range.
That's the advantageous positioning I was talking about. Still overpowered.
Space Ace, Founder, and Beater
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

DarthVindictus's Avatar


DarthVindictus
02.07.2014 , 07:55 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
That's the advantageous positioning I was talking about. Still overpowered.
Well, if it doesn't break a missile in flight, it's not doing its job properly. as it is, cluster missiles can be launched every 4.3s optimally, that way outdoes any defensive maneuvers to evade them. They're an ezmode fire and forget weapon. At least concussion missiles have a decent cooldown and can't be spammed.

Rieverre's Avatar


Rieverre
02.07.2014 , 06:27 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Yesterday I was getting missile launched pings without ever getting a locking on ping.
Seeker mines do that. They're essentially sitting there waiting until something comes into 4k range, then fire off like a missile, but sans lockon.

HoloGrinder's Avatar


HoloGrinder
02.07.2014 , 08:42 PM | #46
Makes seance. They have to nerf these things.

MystbladeWA's Avatar


MystbladeWA
02.09.2014 , 07:57 AM | #47
It often seems to me that people are able to engine boost away from my missiles and they....i dunno, run out of range before they hit them?

Like for eg I'll go for a lock and the enemy pulls an evasion maneuver like K Turn to break it, I then go for the lock again, get it and fire. The enemy then boosts and outruns the missile.

Is this intended? Am I misreading it? Going insane? Having a stroke?
Harbringer Server Predator Legacy
GSF Pilots: Wardancer Apèx Warsmíth M'shén

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
02.09.2014 , 10:29 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
It often seems to me that people are able to engine boost away from my missiles and they....i dunno, run out of range before they hit them?

Like for eg I'll go for a lock and the enemy pulls an evasion maneuver like K Turn to break it, I then go for the lock again, get it and fire. The enemy then boosts and outruns the missile.

Is this intended? Am I misreading it? Going insane? Having a stroke?
Lately I had some locks while my Engine Ability was in CD. To avoid massive damage from both Missiles and Blasters, I boosted and was ready to use Quick-Recharge to repair my shields...
But in the end... "Where did that missile go ?"