Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Armonddd
02.06.2014 , 12:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!

Thanks, Chris!
Space Ace, Founder, and Beater
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

DarthVindictus
02.06.2014 , 12:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyet View Post
The official party line is as follows (if anyone has a more recent quote, please chime in!)

Found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=705142&page=2

All that being said, there is also a slight delay between your PC and the server, so sometimes it may appear to you that you engaged a missile breaking ability before the missile has impacted, when in fact the server has already registered the hit. This is pretty unavoidable, so my best advice is don't wait quote as long to Barrel Roll
Seems to be a few things wrong with this.

#1. Upgraded cluster missiles will still hit during barrel roll if you waited until the missile was launched to use the barrel roll, because the second missile will hit, but not the first. this results in a hit for reduced damage, but still a hit. I'm waiting on Bioware to decide if this is intended or not.

#2. If you use distortion field to break a missile lock before a missile has launched, it'll break the lock, but they will immediately be able to lock onto you again, it does not break the lock for the full 6s (or 3s that it used to be before). If you use it after a missile launches, it will not avoid the missile. This I believe is bugged.

Armonddd
02.06.2014 , 01:59 PM | #23
Quote:
#2. If you use distortion field to break a missile lock before a missile has launched, it'll break the lock, but they will immediately be able to lock onto you again, it does not break the lock for the full 6s (or 3s that it used to be before). If you use it after a missile launches, it will not avoid the missile. This I believe is bugged.
It's never done this, as far as I know. It would be ridiculous if it did, and the description doesn't even imply that it would.
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Solloby
02.06.2014 , 02:36 PM | #24
We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!

So it's true then, I wasn't just going crazy!
Glad to hear it will be fixed, thank you
The Shadowlands

JadedJasper
02.06.2014 , 02:37 PM | #25

Please look into Cluster Missiles hitting you after you evade too!
Zojata on Ebonhawk

silvershadows
02.06.2014 , 03:25 PM | #26

While you're at it, can you fix the double cluster missile bug where the second missile still hits you even if you execute an engine maneuver? This occurs when you use the maneuver AFTER the missile has been fired, it will still hit you, though if you use it before the missile has been fired it will miss as normal.
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer
Highjinks - Flashfire Ace - Saberwing
Cadera Legacy The Ebon Hawk

Check out my series of Mandalorian novels HERE.

Mallorik
02.06.2014 , 03:51 PM | #27

Damn im good.

DarthVindictus
02.06.2014 , 04:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
It's never done this, as far as I know. It would be ridiculous if it did, and the description doesn't even imply that it would.
Kind of worthless as a lock on break then if it doesn't grant some respite from a lock on, and won't avoid missiles in flight.

Armonddd
02.06.2014 , 04:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Kind of worthless as a lock on break then if it doesn't grant some respite from a lock on, and won't avoid missiles in flight.
But it does both of those things. It works exactly like the engine lock breaks work.

Delta_V
02.06.2014 , 04:37 PM | #30
On the subject of Missile Drone locks, is it possible to manually break them (besides using LOS), or is it going to get a lock on you no matter what once it targets you? In other words, is there any sort of tracking limit on the drones, such that you can get out of their firing arc?