Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End Game Question (OPS/FP/ETC)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
End Game Question (OPS/FP/ETC)

DarthDymond
02.05.2014 , 05:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithwallker View Post
I'll go.....rdps here
Post achievement before I invite

Actually that does bring up another abbreviation OP or others looking to learn this stuff might not know:
rDPS or rdps = ranged DPS (I assume everyone knows "Damage Per Second", the term for damage-dealing classes/specs)
mDPS or mdps = melee DPS
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
well, if some people complete the weekly most of the ops end right at that boss.

Even though people state that the ops run is a full run, a lot of people flake out after they finish the weekly and leave. So you may only end up running half the instance.
Sad, but true. This is another reason why finding a good guild is waaay better than PUGing Ops.
(Another abbreviation I think most people know, but what the heck: PUG = Pick Up Group)
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Sithwallker
02.05.2014 , 05:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
While we are at it, why not some average completion times for the SM variants of all these ops, assuming minimal amount of wipes? Always been curious, I've been avoiding joining ops mainly because I have no idea how long they last.
Greatly depends on who is in it and how well the Op is known by said individuals. Depending on the OP could take as little as 30mins (EV) or as long as 3+ hours (SnV).....just depends. One TFB could take all of about 45mins or less and other days it could take 2hours and all for a slew of reasons.
Jedi Covenant Server

Republic - Pak'Tii / Storem / Vimdin / Aimylla
Imperial - Skiilar / Aillya / Jagaro / Kreyya