Are bombers kind of sitting ducks?

DarthVindictus

Amusing, but one is a post by someone who specifically says he doesn't know bombers, and the other an informed post by a concerned player. :)

But yes, forums will always have both opposites. When they don't that's when you know something might be wrong. :)

I was just noticing that while bombers have a lot of hull and shields, to rip through, you can consistantly nail them with a railgun over and over until they die, because they're slow and have bad engine components, and no evade. I'm seeing them as sitting ducks from a gunship perspective.

I'm also feeling that strike fighters will shred them with missiles. Maybe they'll be somewhat safe against scouts because of mine trigger ranges vs scout range, though, technically, scouts have what, 1000m safety from mines to still be able to hit the bomber laying them?

Edited by DarthVindictus

Everyone keeps saying they have no missile locks, but they're forgetting the simple fact that with how stupidly cluttered the GSF maps are, you always have terrain and obstacles nearby to use for breaking target. Bombers especially, since they're going to be humping objective points in any domination match. Ever try getting a concussion missile or a torpedo to lock onto an enemy that's weaving through the array panels on those satellites? You dont even get halfway through the lock on before it breaks.

gunships are the Hard Counter to everything except Scouts.

One on one i can take out gunships just fine in my strike, relatively easy in fact. The problem is that it never ends up being one on one - I attack a gunship, and his two or three buddies on voip in their gunships blast me out of the sky.

Everyone keeps saying they have no missile locks, but they're forgetting the simple fact that with how stupidly cluttered the GSF maps are, you always have terrain and obstacles nearby to use for breaking target. Bombers especially, since they're going to be humping objective points in any domination match. Ever try getting a concussion missile or a torpedo to lock onto an enemy that's weaving through the array panels on those satellites? You dont even get halfway through the lock on before it breaks.

Bombers and Gunships turn slow, Scouts and Strikes turn fast. you can see them about to dive around a corner and you can close distance and turn with them and stay on them if they're turning around a Mesa or Asteroid.

Smaller obstructions and satellites yes, are more effective missile breaks.

But I can hit people on a strike fighter trying to use asteroids just fine, and I've been tracked around asteroids and mesas without the missile lock breaking as well.

gunships are the Hard Counter to everything except Scouts.

LOL, as someone who sees scouts as the little ducks that move across the shooting gallery, I challenge this. Only if the scout goes after YOU in the GS do you even care, and even for that they have to sneak up on you. I like scouts because with my railgun I can one-shot them if it crits, and they're usually busy dogfighting other things. If one chases me, I fly around a thing until it gives up while I recharge my shields, then resume my point-and-click adventure...

It's so boring, I hope they nerf it. Scouts are way more fun to play, but at this point, if you play anything other than Gunship (in deathmatch) or bombers (in domination) you're wasting comms... it's stupid.

The only thing I fear as a gunship is another gunship that I don't see first.

Edited by SavingPrincess
add

Bombers and Gunships turn slow, Scouts and Strikes turn fast. you can see them about to dive around a corner and you can close distance and turn with them and stay on them if they're turning around a Mesa or Asteroid.

Smaller obstructions and satellites yes, are more effective missile breaks.

But I can hit people on a strike fighter trying to use asteroids just fine, and I've been tracked around asteroids and mesas without the missile lock breaking as well.

/signed

In a gunship, I don't have to worry about missiles because the first hint of a lock, I'll just wait a second, then barrel roll behind some inevitably nearby object to break the lock, post up, charge my railgun and see if the thing that locked me is stupid enough to chase. 2 or 3 good gunships in a deathmatch is all you need to go up 50-3. Bombers in domination are easier, because with my pods I have a 2-3:1 ship ratio... meaning I can easily defend a sat by myself against 2-3 incoming ships without assistance. This means they would have to send 4 ships to contend with me, and even then I can survive long enough for either assistance to come or for my teammates to cap the other two sats... it's so broken xD.