Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End of Subscription

DovahkiinTOR
02.05.2014 , 12:24 PM | #1
Hi guys!

I still have 57 days of subscription, and I would like to know if:
1) My level 55 characters will return to 50, since i didn't bought RotHC, only subscription...
2)I have artifact gear in four of my eight characters, and three of them bought AEA in GTN, what will happen to the other? Will he still be able to use artifact gear?
3)Let us suppose I have created 16 characters, right? From these 16 occupied slots, 6 are from being preferred status and 4 from GTN. I will lost the other characters, since the additional slots come from subscription?
4) I have something like 1.500.000 creds now. When my sub ends, will I be able to keep these creds or they will move to my escrow?
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, it can never be used to hurt you.

Tachenko_Yuri
02.05.2014 , 12:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DovahkiinTOR View Post
Hi guys!

I still have 57 days of subscription, and I would like to know if:
1) My level 55 characters will return to 50, since i didn't bought RotHC, only subscription...
2)I have artifact gear in four of my eight characters, and three of them bought AEA in GTN, what will happen to the other? Will he still be able to use artifact gear?
3)Let us suppose I have created 16 characters, right? From these 16 occupied slots, 6 are from being preferred status and 4 from GTN. I will lost the other characters, since the additional slots come from subscription?
4) I have something like 1.500.000 creds now. When my sub ends, will I be able to keep these creds or they will move to my escrow?
1) still 55
2) if you bought an account wide aea, yes, if not, then no
3)the characters are all going to get locked. you will have 10 (6 pref +4gtn) unlocks, to unlock the ones you want, the others will remain locked, need to buy other slots to unlock the rest. ( I think )
4) escrow all but 350 credits ( again, I think )
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb - Potentiae Guild

Icebergy
02.05.2014 , 12:29 PM | #3
1. No.
2. Gear will still be there, I think preferred can use purples can't they?
3. Since you bought 4 slots to be able to get to 16, you should have 10 playable. You get to pick which by logging in to them. The others will remain on your account, but you will not be able to access them.
4. Escrow.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

NoFishing
02.05.2014 , 12:32 PM | #4
More specifically on the artifact gear, per this FAQ, your character will still be able to wear anything that is bound to them, but any new gear would require you to purchase an authorization.

DovahkiinTOR
02.05.2014 , 01:37 PM | #5
Thanks!
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, it can never be used to hurt you.

znihilist
02.05.2014 , 02:01 PM | #6
Any purple gear you had before you turn into preferred will be unlocked for you, no need to buy the artifact unlock for it. However, any new purple gear you get won't be and for that you will need the artifact unlock.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

CosmicKat
02.05.2014 , 02:30 PM | #7
Further to the character slot answers already given...

You get 6 character slots per server plus whatever unlocked slots you previously purchased, so if you bought 4 extras you'll have the base + four. All character start as locked and you have to pick which ones to unlock. You don't need to pick them all at once, you can leave them locked for months and unlock them later.

At least I think that's how it works now.

It may be that you get 6 slots total, but unlocks are per server. In that case, you'd have a minimum of 4 per server, plus the "free" 6 spread among all servers. I believe it was initially this way, but was changed at some point to be 6 per server.

Also FYI. If you ever re-sub, they'll all revert to unlocked and have all the stuff and skill points that they had before.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."