Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

morfius
02.05.2014 , 07:57 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKool View Post
Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.
Eve Online is that way ------->
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Beslley
02.05.2014 , 08:17 AM | #52
I gotta say, Kuat is really underwhelming, especially when you compare it to the czerka SMs.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Cordorian
02.05.2014 , 08:20 AM | #53
Quite franky I think it is one of the better ideas BW had.

Did it with my lowbie shadow tank and some friends twice. I like that can basically group up with everybody below 55, so due to asynchronous leveling speed, it makes it easier to do it as a group. XP is good and it is a bit dynamic, so it isnt always the same way. I do not consider it interesting endgame wise. But it is a nice addition as leveling content. If you have seen all the storys and have done all the old fps a zillion times, it is just nice to have something new.

It is not challenging but that is what operations are for basically.
Doesn't mean i am not in for a new HM FP LI style. Maybe they can introduce nightmare modes:P

Never_Hesitate
02.05.2014 , 08:27 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
I gotta say, Kuat is really underwhelming, especially when you compare it to the czerka SMs.
The czerka sm FPs where you have one perons standing next to the medpack and ignore every mechanic, just killing the bosses without much movement?
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

DeCaPtN
02.05.2014 , 08:34 AM | #55
I think it is exactly what it is supposed to be. This was not meant as an endgame flashpoint. Hopefully HM will be added soon with some decent rewards and until then I'll work towards being able to solo the last couple of bosses (got major Benes down to a routine pretty easily)
Trust me I'm a Jedi

Beslley
02.05.2014 , 08:40 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The czerka sm FPs where you have one perons standing next to the medpack and ignore every mechanic, just killing the bosses without much movement?
I never said the czerka FPs were perfect, just that they felt much more like a flashpoint than...this thing we got this patch.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Never_Hesitate
02.05.2014 , 08:48 AM | #57
I never said the czerka FPs were perfect, just that they felt much more like a flashpoint than...this thing we got this patch.
To me the czerka sm FPs feel as easy and boring as BT/esseles (minus all the conversations), which is not the case for lvl 15-54 KDY.
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

jedimasterjac
02.05.2014 , 08:51 AM | #58
"Challenging End-Game Content." While I can't find your specific lien, I'll quote the important part. I'm not sure if you payed any attention to the devs on this, but this Flashpoint wasn't intended to be "challenging end-game content." The flashpoint wouldn't be available to so many levels, if that were the case. Your other statements are also quite fallacious, you're making an assumption that free-to-play is causing this, yet can't provide evidence for this claim, merely assumptions.

While I myself have not yet experienced the new flashpoint, I plan to take it for what it is: a fairly simple run-through that I can use as a time-waste.

--Krista
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

eartharioch
02.05.2014 , 08:59 AM | #59
TBH, I don't like CZ SMs that much, mainly because they play exactly like a StrategicTM [i.e., non-Tactical, or 'regular"] flashpoint that's been dumbed down too much. Specifically, since CZ HMs are "regular" flashpoints, I found the SM->HM transition difficult because I rarely ever had a Tank+Heal+2xDPS SM run, which meant no real way to practice the mechanics before hitting HM.

I think the fact that there is no HM Kuat is good, although I would definitely not mind seeing one as long as it keeps the tactical feel and doesn't just become a standard Burger/Movie/BackSeat (trinity) affair.

If you wanted *another* trinity fp with lots of story scenes through which people will yell at you to spacebar by the end of Day 1, you probably won't like Kuat that much. I don't want BW to cut story all together, but I don't mind seeing them trying new things.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Beslley
02.05.2014 , 11:15 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
TBH, I don't like CZ SMs that much, mainly because they play exactly like a StrategicTM [i.e., non-Tactical, or 'regular"] flashpoint that's been dumbed down too much. Specifically, since CZ HMs are "regular" flashpoints, I found the SM->HM transition difficult because I rarely ever had a Tank+Heal+2xDPS SM run, which meant no real way to practice the mechanics before hitting HM.

I think the fact that there is no HM Kuat is good, although I would definitely not mind seeing one as long as it keeps the tactical feel and doesn't just become a standard Burger/Movie/BackSeat (trinity) affair.

If you wanted *another* trinity fp with lots of story scenes through which people will yell at you to spacebar by the end of Day 1, you probably won't like Kuat that much. I don't want BW to cut story all together, but I don't mind seeing them trying new things.
Fair enough.
I do like the traditional instance model (trash, boss, trash, boss) along with the story, even if I space bar through it after the first time.
Personal preference.
In the words of Fridge/Rhom, "I don't like things that are different." Now get off my lawn! -shakes fist-
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT