Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

WalMartSkills
02.04.2014 , 10:04 PM | #21
Lol why not instead of insulting bioware and then asking for them to do something for you that you'd like, how about you just write a suggestion in the suggestion box where it belongs. You QQers make me sick play the game or dont if you dont like something well do you really think acting like a spoiled kid on christmas is going to solve your problems?

JediTev
02.04.2014 , 10:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
See my edited post up there.

Unless you meant the comms that come from the bosses in the instance?
I was on earlier, the only thing that gave elite coms was the weekly 3/3 quest. I ran one of the Czerka FPs and I ran the same one last night and it dropped elite coms, it was rewarding basic coms today. I didn't change anything from the GF so I was queued for only HM FPs plus the new ones. The GF weekly quest is now dropping basic coms as well as the daily quest. Yesterday they were dropping elite coms. Saw nothing of this in the updates or anything else.

OK I just back on, APPARENTLY, if you're queued for the new TFP and the SM Czerka ones, they ONLY reward in Basic coms. I thought since I did Czerka it was HM, apparently not. My bad.

AbsolutGrndZero
02.04.2014 , 10:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
*Only one conversation. I'm deliberatly avoiding some of the current FP'es because they are too "convo heavy" and there's always atleast one in the group that persists on watching it at all and not picking a convo option until the meter is almost full.
I do that, but only if people rudely insist that I press spacebar. If you ask first if people would like to skip and nobody else in the group says they would like to watch the cutscenes, then I will skip too (assuming I have seen them) but if you just outright INSIST that I press spacebar... then yes, I very much will wait until the last second to respond. When someone assumes, they... well look it up... it's an old saying about what happens when you assume.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

JediTev
02.04.2014 , 10:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
I do that, but only if people rudely insist that I press spacebar. If you ask first if people would like to skip and nobody else in the group says they would like to watch the cutscenes, then I will skip too (assuming I have seen them) but if you just outright INSIST that I press spacebar... then yes, I very much will wait until the last second to respond. When someone assumes, they... well look it up... it's an old saying about what happens when you assume.
LOL Shame on you!! :P I've seen them enough times I just spacebar, I figure most of the wait is because someone else's computer is slower than mine.

Dontelar
02.04.2014 , 10:56 PM | #25
I'm not to terribly impressed with it either. In the 15-54 version you get horrible combinations of completely new people who have absolutely no clue what they are doing, alongside people on their 10th lv 54 who have absolutely no patience with the new players.

I'm also not a fan of the whole role-neutral thing in it either. Healers either can't keep up healing when all four players are being attacked seperately, or they feel useless because all that is needed is DPS, and those scenarios depend entirely on the levels/gear of the other players. Tanks just get mobbed and dropped without a healer, and a whole team of DPS tends to involve at least one person dying on both of the zone champions unless several of them have, and use taunts to pull it off eachother when their health gets low. I even had a team of four healers, which makes for very long, slow boss fights.

Speaking of the bosses, I've done five runs, and got the jedi/sith four times. He seems to be specifically designed to irritate everyone. Any attacks with long casts/channels are nearly impossible to use because of those circles he throws around, and melee fighters are constantly having to back away from him because of them. Not to mention his constant jumping around makes melee nearly impossible anyways if the players don't stick nearby. Fighting him seems to mean the ranged players slowly chip away at him with weak attacks while constantly running away from circles, while the melee player pointlessly runs back and forth trying (hopelessly) to get close enough to attack. I imagine that if it was a decent team, they would stick together to keep the boss reasonably close to the melee players, but decent teams are hard to find, especially when EVERYONE who is leveling can access the same FP. The fourth player is relegated to simply running back and forth between the medstations. It's not challenging, it's just annoying.

It also doesn't help that there is no loot worth getting from it anyways. A starfighter customization. A very ugly (adaptive?) armor set. And one of those oversized speeders that get on everyone's nerves when they completely cover the mail boxes, etc.

One other thing. Who decided to call it a TACTICAL FP? There is no tactics, no strategy, no roles. Just straight up DPS. Aside from running for medstations during the bosses.

Adaliaya
02.04.2014 , 11:01 PM | #26
This. You mentioned all things that annoy me, expect ofc bolster. New FP makes healers and tanks useless, luckily there is respec. Also I don't see why couldn't they just scale it for every 6 levels or so, why use that horrible bolster

Dontelar
02.04.2014 , 11:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Heh, I don't tend to respond well when people are rude about skipping either. I will usually suggest it politely at the beginning of the FP. If everyone agrees, great. If not, ah well, I guess I'll watch the cutscenes again. But when someone starts screaming SPACEEEEBARRRRRR!!!!! I usually make a point to NOT spacebar, and take as long to decide my conversation choices as possible.

I actually had someone cancel the convo in the new one because I wasn't skipping through it on my first time through. Amusingly enough, if he had waited even 5 seconds longer, it would have been over. He then said that he would continue to cancel it everytime until we all started skipping. A second later, he was kicked.

AMightyKnight
02.05.2014 , 12:03 AM | #28
Just remember, they build this s**t instead of an new operation and we are stuck with Nightmare DF/DP until at least June (or August more likely).
And they couldn’t even bother to come up with a decent HM version. What was wrong about Lost Island before they nerfed it to the ground??
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

mbfhl
02.05.2014 , 12:08 AM | #29
You call this ****? I pay a subscription every month, and I am so happy that we have this Flashpoint rather than another Op.

Vladnar
02.05.2014 , 01:08 AM | #30
Had 2 runs of this and did enjoy them both, was very easy in a group of us 3 healers and a dps 55th levels and we ended up splitting up and doing bits seperately to speed it up even more. End boss was easy enough but nothing dropped or worth getting with rep to go back again and again for sure.

Picked this up on my 32nd level tank BUT there was 4 of us, tanks, and this was a real challenge as you could see people not used to rotating strike and getting all their healing just given to them, was fun and we worked around it and in the end were all pleased. Id hope not to find all tanks if i go in again but will ride it for the good xp it seemed to provide in a mix with the other fp;s as queues as a tank are so short im sticking with pve and its a great change from pvp....been fed up with that long time. Its another fp thrown nicely into the mix as you go along.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us