Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades in Deathmatch

EzioMessi
02.04.2014 , 08:11 PM | #11
I agree that keybinds for 1. focus X; 2. defend X 3; Incoming X; 4. Minefield around X; 5. Hyperspace Beacon at X; 6. Heals near X and so on would be really really helpful.

But I disagree that premades are the source of the problem. Bad PuGs will always find something to complain for. Want proof? Look at the Solo Ranked Arena Queues. No premades there. The one-sided stomping doesn't seem to have stopped. Agreed, a lot of that stomping can be realistically blamed on Class imbalances, Faction imbalances and a generally high number of idiots queuing up, but the same applies to GSF too; the team with the Bomber will always have a slight advantage over the team without one.

So yeah, premades aren't the problem. But hotkey commands are awesome.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Aetios - Level 65 Sentinel

LegoUniverseBC
02.04.2014 , 08:35 PM | #12
So...? It's no different then a premade in domination. I find this gamemode quite fun (not as much as domination) and that it doesn't need a premade to do. I can't wait for the Cargo run gamemode when that comes out.

Zoom_VI
02.04.2014 , 08:43 PM | #13
I'm still trying to figure out how people know they are facing a premade as the match starts. There are no guild tags or personal identifiers beyond player name.

I feel like 90% of these "premades" are just people seeing stuff where there is none. I have seen many a PuG roflstomp other pugs. In fact PuG v PuG is just as likely if not more so to be horribly imbalanced.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

LegoUniverseBC
02.04.2014 , 08:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how people know they are facing a premade as the match starts. There are no guild tags or personal identifiers beyond player name.

I feel like 90% of these "premades" are just people seeing stuff where there is none. I have seen many a PuG roflstomp other pugs. In fact PuG v PuG is just as likely if not more so to be horribly imbalanced.
^This.
I think it's just people playing against a couple of skilled players and thinking they are premades.

RebekahWSD
02.04.2014 , 08:59 PM | #15

There aren't that many people playing (or weren't until today). The names of the aces become familiar. When you see several of them together chances are they queued together. I even queue with them from time to time.

Bear in mind I'm not saying this is a problem, just saying the regular teams are easy to recognize.

Armonddd
02.04.2014 , 09:08 PM | #16

I recognize all the good names I fly against, and I've talked to and flown with most of them. It's pretty obvious when eight people from black or death squadron load into a match that they're running together.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Nethgilne
02.04.2014 , 09:19 PM | #17
This has probably been suggested already, but what about req bonuses for damaging/killing an enemy player flying with a group?

This bonus would scale with the size of the premade.

EzioMessi
02.04.2014 , 09:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethgilne View Post
This has probably been suggested already, but what about req bonuses for damaging/killing an enemy player flying with a group?

This bonus would scale with the size of the premade.
How about no.

Encourage people to group up for an MMO. Don't discourage 'em.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Aetios - Level 65 Sentinel

Lyet
02.04.2014 , 09:30 PM | #19
I am having trouble thinking of a way for the Dev Team to implement your second suggestion in a way that trolls wont abuse. Yes, in a pug where all 8/12 players are focused on winning and contributing to their team's success, the suggestion would help vs. premades. But imagine how fun it would be if you were trying to use these commands to help your team, then one or two of your team members starts spamming commands that are no help...

As someone who solo queues and flies with buddies, I think your ideas are creative and stimulating exercises, but I would lobby hard against them (Maybe not against suggestion #1--solo and group queues seperated--with the right implementation). Banning playing with your friends is a great way to push the player base away from your shiny new toy. Similarly, the opportunities for trolling with your suggestion #2 scare me.

Maybe I might be less leery of the idea if there is also a way to opt out of having to hear/read such commands?

As a side note, what information is this suggestion providing to the team that they can't already get? When I fly, I constantly keep tabs on which satellites are controlled by which team, how many turrets each satellite has, and which satellites have an enemy within range. If your teammates are not aware of this information (all of which is readily available on the screen right now. If you ["you" being anyone who is reading this] don't know, it's all part of the scoreboard and your fleet commander tells you when a satellite is lost, etc....), then how much help do you think your commands will be? Lone Rangers and "Heros" are going to do their own thing, regardless...

Verain
02.04.2014 , 11:08 PM | #20
whoa whoa guys

this game is multiplayer?

that sounds unfair rite?