Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback on the New Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards (The Pros and Cons)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback on the New Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards (The Pros and Cons)

MisterBlackJack
02.05.2014 , 08:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
POSITIVES
* Role Neutral
I really like the role neutral Flashpoints. It' still goes smoothest doing them with a traditional tank, healer, dps setup, but it provides some flexibility and allows people to participate with hybrid and levelling builds. I also like the bolstering for sub 55s. This does throw up a few issues to do with available skills, but overall the bolstering seems to work.

* Visuals and layout
It looks good and moving around between the objectives seemed pretty logical (there needs to be some kind of visual indicator regarding waiting for everyone to click on the elevator though).

* Boss fights
Not done them all yet, but the ones I've encountered seemed challenging enough.

NEGATIVES
* Lag.
Lots of it. Big huge spikes suspending combat for a few seconds regularly. All four players in my group were reporting this, not just me. Seems from this thread others are getting this too, so it needs fixing.

* Too much trash
The Flashpoint feels overly long. The trash to boss ratio is too high. The trash fights started to get really tedious for just one boss (the mini bosses don't count, they are just long trash fights). The CZ-198 role neutral FPs have a much much better balance of trash to bosses.

* Crew Skills don't scale
Crew skills don't scale for sub 55s properly. For example, all scavenging in the FP needs 450 even for sub 55 groups.

* Rewards
The rewards just aren't good enough for the time invested. It's perhaps ok when levelling as the xps are quite good (if you do it as a daily) and you get a decent amount of Planetary Comms. But at 55 I can't see much point in it for Planetary Comms. The reputation items are pretty weak too (apart from the mount).
The lag is due to huge spike in player population on patch release day it happens everytime they release a major patch. it will die down again in about a week.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

OddballEasyEight
02.05.2014 , 08:25 AM | #22
Does every FP really have to be tailor made for the lvl 55's?

This is a great FP to do while leveling up.
Not everything has to be about endgame you know.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

spanthegnome
02.05.2014 , 08:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicka View Post
Seriously? I ran around on my 55 Merc BH healer and other than popping the odd heal off because no one stopped to use their out of combat heal (since I was there), it was leave Kolto Shell on everyone. It worked really well. I was majorly disappointed when taking on Major Benes. After realizing that there is a way to remove the bombs after we won and explored the room, I healed through it and one heal easily topped everyone up. Sorry you felt this way, but I just didn't see it.

In fact, you can see one of my runs in the flashpoint on my youtube channel within the next hour as it's being uploaded as I type this.

Just to reiterate, I found that this flashpoint only allowed the DPS to be more reckless during trash mobs and the boss because a healer allowed them to ignore healing up out of combat and allowed them to rush through without worrying about mechanics.
Keep in mind you are 55 and the place is a face roll for a 55. My groups highest was 43. So obviously there is a disconnect with the FP.
Spann | Mercenary Spandy | Operative Spannder | Marauder

Slicka
02.05.2014 , 08:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by spanthegnome View Post
Keep in mind you are 55 and the place is a face roll for a 55. My groups highest was 43. So obviously there is a disconnect with the FP.
Sorry, but you didn't specify that in your original post.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Beltane
02.05.2014 , 09:04 AM | #25
I enjoy the new flashpoint for what it is. It's great for leveling and it's fun.

My only real criticism is that I feel it should drop more credits. I'm not sure why it's dropping 10-20 credits per loot... that's of no use to anyone lol. Credits/loot for the 55 version at least should be more in line with the Czerka tactical flashpoints. Other than that, it's all good for me.

ItachiZaku
02.05.2014 , 09:18 AM | #26
I ran it twice and got the assembly thing both times. First group was 4 dps between levels 15 and 17. We died. A lot.

Second group with levels 19-43, all dps, some people died, I think I was the only one that'd throw a heal (Kolto bomb) and it really wasn't a problem, it's just being aware to use your self heal and CDs.

Great XP, really useful. On my 55, I got a CZ instance for my daily, so I can't comment.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Halinalle
02.05.2014 , 09:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
I ran it twice and got the assembly thing both times. First group was 4 dps between levels 15 and 17. We died. A lot.

Second group with levels 19-43, all dps, some people died, I think I was the only one that'd throw a heal (Kolto bomb) and it really wasn't a problem, it's just being aware to use your self heal and CDs.

Great XP, really useful. On my 55, I got a CZ instance for my daily, so I can't comment.
You can only die in boss fights or in that one fight where you get jumped by two elites. Everyone should use their out-of-combat heal anyway between fights. Only way to die in boss fight is not knowing fight mechanics (bombs!) and by totally ignoring Kolto Stations.

Andryah
02.05.2014 , 09:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Agree with you on that it's nice for leveling but is pretty useless for geared 55's. Nice to have new content and the different scenarios are cool, but we really need a HM 55 version.
I like it, because it introduces a new methodology to FPs that support grouping of a range of players instead of being locked to a specific level range (or locked to 55 only). I'm sure we are going to see more of this, and more challenging, as time progresses. Why? Because it addresses the ongoing issue players express about long queues and boring (as in always exactly the same run through) instances. It's the methodology that is key here, not this particular use of that methodology IMO.

So, while well geared 55s are going to complain that it is ho-hum... they can in fact duo it with a companion if they want some challenge. Or not. It's their choice. But well geared 55s have other things they can play if they want challenging end game content.. so I don't understand them complaining really. If they want the rep.. then they run it. If they want to run with sub-level_cap players (you know.. like guild mates and friends), this gives them content to actually do that.

TL;DR not all content needs to be designed for well geared 55s. There are many players in the game at many different stages of character development and gear load-outs. IMO, this should be looked at as a new content methodology, and an innovation in MMOs.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Infernixx
02.05.2014 , 09:44 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
I enjoy the new flashpoint for what it is. It's great for leveling and it's fun.

My only real criticism is that I feel it should drop more credits. I'm not sure why it's dropping 10-20 credits per loot... that's of no use to anyone lol. Credits/loot for the 55 version at least should be more in line with the Czerka tactical flashpoints. Other than that, it's all good for me.
Pretty much. It's not dropping much in the way of credits, but it's fun, it's easy and I enjoy doing these more than going out and doing old Heroic missions for the Planetary comms.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Lotharofxev
02.05.2014 , 09:51 AM | #30
Quote:
The lag is due to huge spike in player population on patch release day it happens everytime they release a major patch. it will die down again in about a week.
Erm no.

Ran it late last night when server pop was low and there were a whopping 12 people in that instance. Still experienced lag spikes.