Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Shipment One Hypercrate - Embargo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Shipment One Hypercrate - Embargo
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
02.12.2014 , 07:22 PM | #21
So Eric, any news about this?

illgot's Avatar


illgot
02.12.2014 , 07:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Eric, I went ahead and decided to buy a few Hypercrates again and specifically purchased the Shipment One crate based on this "embargo" thread. Why is the Shipment One pack still available to purchase? I love and support this game but I gotta say that I feel a bit cheated cause my money could have went towards more of the new packs. I will still be able to sell what I purchased but this kinda rubs me the wrong way. Thanks.
probably because they sold a lot of the SO1H and decided to keep it up a bit longer to reap in a few more sales, or they got busy and forgot.

Personally, I hope they go 50% off before they really take them off the market.

ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
02.12.2014 , 08:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
probably because they sold a lot of the SO1H and decided to keep it up a bit longer to reap in a few more sales, or they got busy and forgot.

Personally, I hope they go 50% off before they really take them off the market.
If they discount them after the announced embargo date then I'd demand a refund

kvniki's Avatar


kvniki
02.12.2014 , 11:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that our Shipment One Hypercrate will be embargoed (removed) from the Cartel Market next Tuesday, February 11th. I wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you wanted to grab one before they take a vacation from the Market.

Thanks!

-eric
Was this a lie?

ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
02.13.2014 , 11:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kvniki View Post
Was this a lie?
I don't know what this was.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.13.2014 , 11:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
- Are you seriously that naive to believe that?

In its prime, with over 200 servers, SWTOR was estimated to have 350k concurrent users (with ~2 million subscribers total). Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...current-users/

Guild Wars 2 on the other hand has 460k according to Arena Net themselves: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...he-first-year/

Try and convince me now how "populations are similar". Please tell me how SWTOR's current population comes even close to that of GW2, when it could not match its concurrent players in its prime?
It matters NOT what each of these two MMOs were in their "prime" at launch. What matters is what their sustained stable active populations are. This is a completely pointless attempt on your part.

Active player populations are in fact similar today for the two MMOs, with SWTOR being higher actually if you count all active players, not just subs. See, you conveniently neglected to include the non-sub player based in SWTOR, which is at least as large as the sub base, and probably higher to be honest.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.13.2014 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Uelle View Post
Sorry but you're talking out your backside. The guy just gave you facts, so you should kinda learn to accept them
No, what he gave was 2 year old spin, tuned to his particular agenda.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
02.13.2014 , 12:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It matters NOT what each of these two MMOs were in their "prime" at launch. What matters is what their sustained stable active populations are. This is a completely pointless attempt on your part.

Active player populations are in fact similar today for the two MMOs, with SWTOR being higher actually if you count all active players, not just subs. See, you conveniently neglected to include the non-sub player based in SWTOR, which is at least as large as the sub base, and probably higher to be honest.
Didn't you have like 48 trillion posts back in the "prime" explaining to everyone who didn't ask how it was good and normal to lose 80% of the playerbase in less time than it takes to watch a Peter Jackson movie?
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

JimG's Avatar


JimG
02.13.2014 , 12:42 PM | #29
What's going on here? Is this Hypercrate leaving or what?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.13.2014 , 12:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Didn't you have like 48 trillion posts back in the "prime" explaining to everyone who didn't ask how it was good and normal to lose 80% of the playerbase in less time than it takes to watch a Peter Jackson movie?
What is your point?

It IS in fact normal for a new MMO to loose north of 70% of it's active player base early after launch (launch+6-months). Most MMOs in fact are unable to even establish a stable run-rate in the first year. It's pretty normal unfortunately, and it more about the change in player tastes in gaming then anything else. And GW2 has been just as susceptible to the phenomena as any other modern launch.

What matters is active player base over the long term.. and for that you need to be looking at an MMO 1, 2, 3, n years after launch. And what matters with facts is when comparing a sub-hybrid, a sub only, or a buy-2-play MMO in terms of active playerbase numbers. Of course the companies are interested in revenue per active player as well.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.