Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 11:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I'll join you if they start introducing this into harder content. As long as it stays in story mode only, I am 100% in favor of them doing it.
Pray tell, why would it be a bad thing to have role-neutral HM FPs?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Icebergy
02.04.2014 , 11:43 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Pray tell, why would it be a bad thing to have role-neutral HM FPs?
Well for starters, I enjoy tanking a lot more than DPSing. So if I can't tank, I'd be unhappy. If you want a great example of why role neutral doesn't work, see GW2.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 11:44 AM | #23
Well for starters, I enjoy tanking a lot more than DPSing. So if I can't tank, I'd be unhappy. If you want a great example of why role neutral doesn't work, see GW2.
I see. You seem to think that if they add Role-neutral HM FPs, that they'll remove the classic 'trinity' versions as well.

I wouldn't wager much on that assumption.
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

tanerb
02.04.2014 , 11:46 AM | #24
I see. You seem to think that if they add Role-neutral HM FPs, that they'll remove the classic 'trinity' versions as well.

I wouldn't wager much on that assumption.
I thought they already said that they are moving away from Trinity in Phoenix. I remember it was in one of the posts from a guy who joined.

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 11:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
I thought they already said that they are moving away from Trinity in Phoenix. I remember it was in one of the posts from a guy who joined.
You'd be mistaken.

Klarick
02.04.2014 , 11:48 AM | #26
Sign me up Sir.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Klarick
02.04.2014 , 11:50 AM | #27
So much this ^

I leveled to 29 in GW2 when it first came out. Hated the no-trinity system.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 11:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
So much this ^

It 'is' a shame that they're forcing us to do role-neutral stuff. Damn the man.

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 11:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
So much this ^

It was awesome for leveling and events. But dungeons? Dear god.

Icebergy
02.04.2014 , 11:54 AM | #30
It 'is' a shame that they're forcing us to do role-neutral stuff. Damn the man.
This was kinda my point. They aren't "forcing us" to do role neutral, but if they start making HM and up content into role neutral, it will kinda start to feel like they are. THEN I will be unhappy.

Right now they are just doing it for story content, and I am in favor of it, shorter queues on story content for everyone.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.