Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 09:42 AM | #11
As a player who runs almost 100% tanks and healers, I love the idea of tactical flash points.

They will (hopefully) keep the bottom of the barrel DD's occupied while I queue with the excellent DD's I've added to my friends list and that are in my guild.

Win-Win-Win. Everybody wins. How often does that happen?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Robocles
02.04.2014 , 09:49 AM | #12
Welcome to Gauntlet: The Old Republic.

branmakmuffin
02.04.2014 , 10:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
There fixed it for you.
It may be been an unfunny joke, but it was still clearly a joke. Yet your first reply was as if the OP were serious.

Fanyen
02.04.2014 , 10:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
There's enough main stat on your tank gear to do enough damage in these flashpoints and get past them fine. Elitists will be elitists regardless of what kinds of flashpoints BioWare gives us.
Elitists will be elitists so it doesn't matter if we give them even more ways to do so?

Flashpoints like this are ridiculous in a game that was designed for Tank, Healer, DPS.
My referral link has been removed, because Bioware is inept.

Mallorik
02.04.2014 , 10:55 AM | #15
LOL I thought there was a level 55 version that was normal like the czerka fps. Good lord bioware is run by complete morons.

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 10:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanyen View Post
Elitists will be elitists so it doesn't matter if we give them even more ways to do so?

Flashpoints like this are ridiculous in a game that was designed for Tank, Healer, DPS.
People complain about the trinity model.

Then people (DD's specifically) complain that flash point groups via Group Finder take way too long to get into.

Then BioWare solves both problems.

Then people complain that BioWare solved both problems.

*Spock voice* Fascinating.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 10:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanyen View Post
This is correct. It doesn't matter what they do, people will still be ******s.

Chicktopus
02.04.2014 , 10:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
As a player who runs almost 100% tanks and healers, I love the idea of tactical flash points.

They will (hopefully) keep the bottom of the barrel DD's occupied while I queue with the excellent DD's I've added to my friends list and that are in my guild.

Win-Win-Win. Everybody wins. How often does that happen?
I too play almost exclusively tanks and healers with two end-game of each, and I too love the idea of Tactical Flashpoints. I hate being role-locked.

I play a tank as my main. Having to maintain a second set of gear is a pain, doing dailies is a pain. I know every fight back-to-front and inside out. Every Flashpoint, every operation, becomes a case of rise-repeat the same old patterns. There's no variation -- with a Tactical Flashpoint things might at least be a little more chaotic, let me improvise and react rather than moving from A->B->C.

The most fun I have on my tank is solo, fighting enemies intended for groups and finding ways to kill them on my own because dammit, at least then I'm having to keep my wits about me and not follow routine movements and ability rotations. The same applies to my healers.

ItachiZaku
02.04.2014 , 11:01 AM | #19
When I queue as DPS/Tank and DPS/Heals and I get a little green symbol or shield next to my name, you still better use DCDs and self heals, cuz I don't be taunting, pulling, or healing. Peace out!
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Icebergy
02.04.2014 , 11:30 AM | #20
I'll join you if they start introducing this into harder content. As long as it stays in story mode only, I am 100% in favor of them doing it.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant