Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How is It For Ranged Thus Far?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How is It For Ranged Thus Far?

Cempa's Avatar


Cempa
02.04.2014 , 09:06 AM | #1
So how are you guys finding ranged classes/builds fairing in 2.6 thus far?
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 09:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
So how are you guys finding ranged classes/builds fairing in 2.6 thus far?
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
02.04.2014 , 09:36 AM | #3
Can I ask what is it exactly you two are trying to say? I'm really sorry to hear your sorc got hit for 6.5k but I still don't understand the problem. In fact 6.5k is kinda on the low side, no? I mean maul, smash, gored screams/ravages, hidden strikes all hit harder than this. Always have, so what's the deal? What's in the patch notes about ranged classes that's so ungodly to even speak of that you need to make one-liner opening posts and emocon spam?

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 10:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Can I ask what is it exactly you two are trying to say? I'm really sorry to hear your sorc got hit for 6.5k but I still don't understand the problem. In fact 6.5k is kinda on the low side, no? I mean maul, smash, gored screams/ravages, hidden strikes all hit harder than this. Always have, so what's the deal? What's in the patch notes about ranged classes that's so ungodly to even speak of that you need to make one-liner opening posts and emocon spam?
Considering I mainly play a shadow and a marauder I tend to know what I can hit people with.

2 factors:

- sure there have always been NN predators for the ranged DPS (also known as "fodder"), from today it's NN + 1.

- maul eats tons of force, gore belongs to a less than inflationed spec (my mara being one of the few carnage spec), scream is not spammable. A DPS op can CC quite well AND now also do frequent hits that are not on maul range but are sustained over time.

This reminds me of EvE Online: they kept buffing gank and insta-lock till low sec decayed and lost almost the totality of not pure PvP players. Because you can buff lions just so much before they are all what's left.

I mean, it's not even about ops. They were somewhat subpar in that department.

But the contrast with the UTTER pathetic garbage casters got is really striking.
BW keep letting in "power inflation" meanwhile they leave defenses almost the same.

Guess even "heal 2 full" was too much to ask for.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.04.2014 , 10:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
Considering I mainly play a shadow and a marauder I tend to know what I can hit people with.

2 factors:

- sure there have always been NN predators for the ranged DPS (also known as "fodder"), from today it's NN + 1.

- maul eats tons of force, gore belongs to a less than inflationed spec (my mara being one of the few carnage spec), scream is not spammable. A DPS op can CC quite well AND now also do frequent hits that are not on maul range but are sustained over time.

This reminds me of EvE Online: they kept buffing gank and insta-lock till low sec decayed and lost almost the totality of not pure PvP players. Because you can buff lions just so much before they are all what's left.

I mean, it's not even about ops. They were somewhat subpar in that department.

But the contrast with the UTTER pathetic garbage casters got is really striking.
BW keep letting in "power inflation" meanwhile they leave defenses almost the same.

Guess even "heal 2 full" was too much to ask for.
So your argument is a scrapper vs a maul spammer?

Ok. I get that.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
02.04.2014 , 10:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
But the contrast with the UTTER pathetic garbage casters got is really striking.
BW keep letting in "power inflation" meanwhile they leave defenses almost the same.

Guess even "heal 2 full" was too much to ask for.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but what are are simply trying to say is: "nothing really wrong with concealment ops, but sorcs are absolute garbage and BW refuses to do anything about it".
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Cempa's Avatar


Cempa
02.04.2014 , 10:50 AM | #7
I don't think Sorcerer is garbage, I think its the best 'wizard' class design of any game I played...To me Sorcerer is simply THE most fun ever...

I just wanted to hear how the 'ranged' experience is for others thus far in 2.6 with the sea of melee?
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 10:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
So your argument is a scrapper vs a maul spammer?

Ok. I get that.
"Maul spamming" does not work. First of all it eats all Force very fast, second, you'll just see a first big maul but the next ones are usually 4-5k and then you are force starved and a pushover to kill.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 10:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
I don't think Sorcerer is garbage, I think its the best 'wizard' class design of any game I played...To me Sorcerer is simply THE most fun ever...

I just wanted to hear how the 'ranged' experience is for others thus far in 2.6 with the sea of melee?
I still prefer my Warhammer Sorc. She was the Real Thing, let that glass cannon shoot and you were dead for sure. With timestamping, she could bring a guy from 100% to death in 1 GCD.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
02.04.2014 , 11:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
I don't think Sorcerer is garbage, I think its the best 'wizard' class design of any game I played...To me Sorcerer is simply THE most fun ever...

I just wanted to hear how the 'ranged' experience is for others thus far in 2.6 with the sea of melee?
I don't know what a "wizard" class is, but in this meta game the sorc is now the worst class in the game for all trees.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fun class to play, but unless you are being ignored the entire match you can't do much. Even when are you being ignored there are still many classes that can do better than you in a similar situation.

This class needs more attention than all the others, but because sorcs parse well in PvE, BW ignores it and gives stupid "heal2full" answers.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows