Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DNT Discusses the Roadmap


Treeba's Avatar


Treeba
02.06.2014 , 12:48 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post

Nobody demands Fortune 500 CEOs to teach Business 101 courses. Why are you asking top end guilds to do the equivalent?
No one is demanding it, but many of them are starting to realize it's in their interest to do so. They aren't literally teaching Bus 101, but several big tech companies have started spending millions trying to draw students into their fields. IBM is offering several free introductory classes for enterprise computing. Bill Gates, and a number of other tech exes, are spending a lot of their money and time trying to bring more students into computer programming. If you're invested in something it's advantageous to you to help grow it.

His idea actually isn't that bad. Like Dev with LI... you might even end up finding a few diamonds in the rough you want to keep around.

More on topic... I haven't seen anyone mention how farming (81?) gear for 2 months will impact the difficulty of the 2nd nim raid. Hopefully the developers are taking that into consideration.

LordMalic's Avatar


LordMalic
02.06.2014 , 02:26 PM | #52
Same with Shadowlands Chat, all I see is 16m SM Ops runs for comms. When you do get a pug, he thinks he is the **** and wonders why he dies all the time. Just cause you have 78's in your gear doesn't mean squat if your gear isn't itemized for the runs. (ie. Set bonuses, augments, appropriate relics)

For instance I had a tank try to tell me he tanked HM DF/DP (mind you he is a Jugg Tank), with Arkanian armorings in his gear, 23% Def and not even base line Absorb/Shield and wondering why he was getting smashed a lot and not able to hold aggro. I told him mitigation is key, healers can't keep you alive and Dps is ****** aggro. Never heard if he actually succeeded through an HM content. You can only help the ones who want the help, but there is that small percent who thinks they are better than you even though you have the achievements to prove it.

Most people don't want to put in the time that is required to get stuff done, they are still under the impression like WoW that they can be carried through and be GIVEN gear. We all know Oriconian Gear only can take you so far, none of it is BiS and certain DF pieces are random drops.
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

Solar_Breeze's Avatar


Solar_Breeze
02.06.2014 , 07:38 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
With 2 groups, hopefully 3 soon, but at the same time, we've had people leave at awkward times due to IRL, which doesn't happen in guilds like Hatred, DILIH, Aurum Gaming and DNT, because it'd mess up your rotations like it sort of did for us... So yeh, there's people between
It happens to all guilds, if you only have 8 players nightmare capable then it will impact you more (thats the advantage that bigger raiding guilds have). Conversely the disadvantage is more player rotation and skill variation. (People raging over not being taken / people not good enough to come etc).

For example for next content you could field 2 groups that have cleared. However if you had 1 group and the rest standby to swap comps try different things etc you might clear quicker but your members would most likely not be as positive about it.

Either way those with lower numbers / players who leave due to being bored whilst waiting for content are generally a big loss to any guild as not many of those players are left (and if they are they are generally spread across multiple guilds now).
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

countpopeula's Avatar


countpopeula
02.06.2014 , 10:28 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMalic View Post
Spoiler
The Cartel Market is the only reason the servers are still up. It's simple business, you do what makes you money. You can never make a group larger than 10 people happy at the same time unless they're drug addicts and it's feeding time. You play business strategy and keep the high end players competing and use the Cartel market to actually generate revenue.

How can you say the game is getting stale when there are several raids you have not cleared? How can you say NiM content is not new content? Is it because you never clear it? NiM TFB and NiM SV are totally different animals than their HM predecessors were. Are the fights against the same bosses? Sure, but they have mechanics which force different strategy and a sharper raid to kill. Hard fights get boring only when you can't kill them. FYI, it's probably hard to recruit because you've had 80% of our server tagged at some point. You don't teach, train, or foster less experienced players to reach high levels of play, you just whine about them saying "Thank the Maker they're not in Group 1", and you don't get the elite players because they go to guilds that actually compete or you push them out because they're better than your raid group.

This isn't an insult, this isn't about past history, and I can say this all with a stoic face and empty of emotions. I'm futilely trying to tell you that you're posting in an arena you do not belong in.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

JDotter's Avatar


JDotter
02.07.2014 , 01:02 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Again, why don't you pro raiders help new 55s introduce into ops? Try organizing pug groups who are interested but never did ops because they are afraid. I am not a very talented player but I used to be part of a guild so learned all the classic ops, TfB and SaV. Now, I try to pug them. I believe there is a ton of players who want try ops but scared. First most pug organizers rightfully look for people who knows the ops. I have seen new players forced to leave because they could not understand what was going on. I have never seen all this time a pug group that has new players finish EC or SaV and only a few TfB.

Long story short, if you guys want Bioware invest more time into ops, the ops population needs to increase. Increasing population is everyone's responsibility and you hardcore raiders need to take the lead.
To be honest that a great idea just not practical. Before I joined Hatred I'd do weekly runs within my old guild for new faces & players that weren't on the 16 team & there was little interest in people wanting to jump from SM to HM to NM

The big disconnect is from players who take raiding serious (own your mistake, correct it, move on) & those who are there for the adventure & social experience. You rarely find a mixture of both within a guild & its hard to crack into a top progression guild without experience & its somewhat ******.

I can tell you this don't just join a guild make sure its ideals are ones that you share & go from there.

Also if you are interested in getting into raiding there are a ton of guilds that would take you aboard & teach you. Best thing to do before joining is watch videos & study & ask questions. Can't tell you the times I used to go anyone have questions/concerns & hear silent then someone went off and derp'd

JDotter's Avatar


JDotter
02.07.2014 , 01:13 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Gotta admit, I agree with a lot of what you're saying....

Not all of it, but a lot.

But next time you stream on a Titan 6 mount, press the red button

Edit 1: I agree with Rhom here, there is an audience between the Nightmare group and the casuals, those that do Progression, but at the same time aren't so focused on raiding. IE FIB has solidly cleared DP/DF HM officially now. With 2 groups, hopefully 3 soon, but at the same time, we've had people leave at awkward times due to IRL, which doesn't happen in guilds like Hatred, DILIH, Aurum Gaming and DNT, because it'd mess up your rotations like it sort of did for us... So yeh, there's people between
Every guild has that issue. Hatred was like 10 people before the great influx of NM DG & a second group was formed. TFB & S/V = sorv, noodles, beast, myself, freaky, aysua, all new during that progression era.

DNT has four new players = silent, tenberas, kakazzu, furyan going into next set of content.

sucka lost one of the their marauders & I believe the tank or the heal?

SG also had changes according to sources.


Key that those guilds do is have access to a larger recruitment base so they can refill/reload easier. They also have players that are willing to sit on progression weeks unless they are needed where in other guilds that'd be drama/.

Raven_Euphemia's Avatar


Raven_Euphemia
02.07.2014 , 01:54 PM | #57
@Ranick

"This isn't an insult, this isn't about past history"....what a load of crap. Let it go brother. Lets start with the obvious lies about your claims that we don't teach, train, or foster. The reason you do not carry our tag anymore revolves around exactly this claim. You and your group were elitist, through and through. This guy, Ranick, wanted to kick someone from his group (this group was at this time a X-Raided group) for not playing "high level of play". We, as a guild, did not condone your treatment of this individual with your elitist attitude, and that is when the crap hit the fan. So how can you say we don't teach, train, or foster?
As far as cleared content goes, X-Raided has cleared, I believe, all but the Hateful Entity. WE DO have the right to post here. We clear content. Now, do our guys raid 5 days a week, both on pub and imp side....no. So no, we are not exactly "hard core", but nor do we claim to be. The fact that you have made this post about us, and our progression, and our treatment of others, only reflects that you think you are better then most. Sure, you and your guys are clearing content faster then most, but does that give you the right to speak down to others? Because that is what you do, often, and in your standard passive aggressive manner. I don't want to give to much of my time to your vindictive waste of a post, but I did want to address your attempt at belittling us. I have instructed (for quit some time now) our players to /ignore HMD guys, simply because the back and forth is frankly immature. I personally have most of you on ignore, but this post in public forums directed at us can not be ignored. Quite comparing us to you, quite talking about us, just go about your business. The guild has been a success since day one, we have had many births in the guild (including my own little prince) and we are semi-hardcore, family-oriented, mature, and sick of being mouthed by some jerk in HMD. Get a life, get a wife, get a kid....Ranick, that way your life won't focus on us, but instead it will have more focus on REALITY!!, and yes that WAS meant to be an insult, nothing passive aggressive here, just aggressive, do to your unrelenting endless conversation about X-Raided. I am preferred status now, due to said baby and changing of mmo games, but I seriously hope someone post this for me on SWTOR Forums, as I can not. And just so you know who is defending us from your ignorant statements, this is FISH!!!

countpopeula's Avatar


countpopeula
02.07.2014 , 03:10 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Raven_Euphemia View Post
Spoiler
To Fish, Love Ranick
Spoiler


If you aren't paying for this game, then by definition you have no right to be posting about things only subscribers need concern themselves with. If you aren't clearing NiM content, you don't need to post on a thread meant for "hardcore" players. Check thyself.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

LordMalic's Avatar


LordMalic
02.07.2014 , 04:55 PM | #59
Since DF/DP Hardmode launched many guilds have struggled either with attendance or training new people. You come accustomed to raiding with your group and Real Life throws a curve ball and the following week you have to adjust to someone new. I have no problem teaching anyone the fundamentals and strats to raiding and the bosses we encounter. But it also comes down to players who want to learn and succeed.

As a Guild Leader and Raid Leader I have only recruited lately to fill the in the areas of our groups as needed. As many of you know recruiting for Tanks and Healers has always been a feat. Dps seems easier and less tedious. The global scope of how BW has the year planned out has me thinking no matter what players will be taking a break just like when EC was released. Even though NiM content is being released some don't feel justified to stay and rehash same content with new difficulty, I like a challenge. Look at most MMO's now, their content comes about once a year and WOW has a new xpac later this year with new level cap and Raids, but also adds in some small dingeons throughout the year like BW is doing in theory.

We as Guilds need to try to stay a float while content is calm and not as fluent. X-Raided has had its ups and downs, but we remain loyal to the game and try to do weekend events to keep morale boosted. We may not raid 4-5 days a week and down content as fluent as most of the high end guilds in this conversation, but we do stay consistent and keep each groups competition flowing. \

We operate 5 ops groups on a weekly basis. Many have struggled cause of players Real Life restrictions. Most of our guys don't live, eat breathe MMO Gaming. They have a life, family, job, kids and school and can't commit fully but when they are able they support the guild and their raid group. I used to raid 5 nights a week in Wow and for it ranked in the Top 10 as a Dps and the guild I belonged too was in the Top 5 in content. I took that experience and we were able to make progression easier but also pushed the envelope and never gave up doing it. So as a player and GM I see X-Raided right up there with you guys in content achievements, but not as fast. We make progress and happy at that. I wish the best to DnT and Hatred and others I may forget, as we venture our guilds to other genres of MMO games we stay true to our members and educate along the way.
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

countpopeula's Avatar


countpopeula
02.07.2014 , 06:43 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMalic View Post
Spoiler
Tossing spoilers on this since it's off topic and honestly, /yawn. Enjoy the drama if you want, though there's nothing intelligent going on.
Spoiler
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA