Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EzioMessi
02.05.2014 , 10:12 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
Grinding is part of the mmo package if you don't need or want something to work toward fine Bolster will accommodate your playstlye
Its one of the main reasons ranked is slow to pop because there's no incentive everything you can get from ranked can be obtained in normals
If they had of made obroan a longer grind instead of just 1 week and not obtainable through comm conversion
People would still be in there grinding it but it's too late for obroan now
They need to start fresh with a new tier
Grinding doesn't have to be part of the MMO package. It is, yes, but grinding for ever-increasingly powerful gear is just a lazy version of the carrot-on-a-stick gameplay. If I have to chase carrots, I'd much rather do it for vanity items and cosmetic gear than for a crutch to lean on while playing.

Now, I'm not saying get rid of the gear grind entirely. Leave it in, but leave it as is. Don't lengthen the grind please.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Suzina
02.10.2014 , 02:30 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovethebeard View Post
The other issue id like to talk about is for those servers (eg. Jung Ma (RP-PvP) which have little to no ranked pops during peak hour. Do you have any future plans for cross server queues, even if it was just solo ranked? Unfortunately for me, just moving servers isn't a plausible answer. Jung Ma is my home and will be until a server merge or you shut the game down and i'm sure there are more people just like me.

Pretty please, BioWare. Even just acknowledge that you have taken these into account and I will be a happy camper.
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey there!

Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw

It is almost humorous the way this was blown off.

Check out all these people who were just blown off:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390179

Remember in 2012 when we were urged to wait "Just a bit longer" for the corss-server que's coming "soon".
http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2
No matter if you played in 2012 or 2013, it was "Pre-season" and cross-server was said to start with "season 1".

Oh man, it's funny. Just laughing at all those players treated like suckers and swindled with false promises of support for the service to which they are subscribed.

lulz.
Member of Bane Fleet