Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Z-ToXiN
02.04.2014 , 05:01 PM | #21
Finally, a dev response on this! Thank you for acknowledging us arena players.

Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's crucial that participation alone will result in rewards or it will quicly die down again. On the other hand, with no win criteria they might end up in an AFK situation. It's a tricky balance.
Have the good rewards be for both rating and number of wins. You can eventually get a decent number of wins just by participating even if you aren't especially skilled so it would be a matter of perseverance rather than ability and luck for that.

As for what the rewards should be?

I would say, an exclusive colour crystal.
Maybe one for the top 10% of players by rating and one for players with over 50 wins, lets say.

Titles - again, have a few different ones for rating (like, 1500, 2000, 2500) and for participation (10 wins, 100 wins, 250 wins).

Exclusive speeder - but make it actually cool, like a tank or hovercraft or one of those big boat like speeders that everyone finds so obnoxious when you park them at the PVP terminal. Yeah, I want one of those.

Maybe an exclusive dye that is bind on pickup - the colour of champions.

I know theres only so much they can give us... but they still can give us tangible in game rewards, for both success and participation in arenas.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

JediMasterSLC
02.04.2014 , 06:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
And here we see a young developer stepping away from it's herd at the general forums to attempt to communicate with the PvP community...Let's stay tuned in for more.
*its*
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

DanNV
02.04.2014 , 06:26 PM | #23
Good to know changes are in store. However, some of those changes have to be making ranked worthwhile. That would include getting rid of the blasted arenas so many people absolutely hate. (I am one of those people.) I wouldn't do ranked if you were giving away real money simply because it's all arenas. Now, instead of learning from the mistake you added the same thing to GSF. Come on... Give us something worthwhile. Give us something worth the time to play. Give us a matchmaking system (ranked and regular) that actually works. (I won't get into the arena I got dropped in the other day where it was Rep on Rep, my team had a healer and 3 DPS and the other team had 3 healers and 1 DPS. I mean seriously, that's matchmaking?)
REGULATORS

Pistols
02.04.2014 , 06:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw
How about fixing PvP Bolster, you know, the skid mark that's been busted since inception?

Or, do we have to wait for a 500 word essay on what we know already?

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 07:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
How about fixing Bolster, you know the system that's been busted since conception?

Or, do we have to wait for a 500 word essay on what we know already?
I know right?
[
Plays on POT5

Telaan
02.04.2014 , 11:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
Cross-server queues should be priority #1.
This. No matter what rewards or incentives they try to offer, ranked pvp will repeatedly fail without cross server.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

GNWP
02.04.2014 , 11:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Give us a matchmaking system (ranked and regular) that actually works. (I won't get into the arena I got dropped in the other day where it was Rep on Rep, my team had a healer and 3 DPS and the other team had 3 healers and 1 DPS. I mean seriously, that's matchmaking?)
You confusing team composiotion and matchmaking. No one cares about team composition in solo q ranked arenas, especially in regular warzones. Solution is simple - get rid of solo q in ranked arenas and make separate type of regular q.
That would solve 2 problems at once:
  1. The number of teams q-ing for group ranked arenas. At least at the start of the season - just to get gear. Currently, player who does solo q get the same amount of Ranked Commendations. I remember the guy who grinded Obroan in the first day after arenas was added. This isn't right. Players who does group q ranked arenas should get better rewards. I hope rewards at the end of the Season 1 would match this principle, otherwise "Why should I strain quing as a team while I can just get the same rewards solo?"
  2. Team composition will be balanced by the class role. It would happen naturally because you every arena team in group ranked arenas need both 1 tank and 1 healer.
Cancelling solo q for Ranked Warzones was a wise decision. It created many great PvP guilds, which increased a number of Ranked Warzone teams. In some guilds were even several teams. Right now all this guild are fell apart, because there's no reason in this game to create big PvP guild anymore. Think about this, Bioware.

DarthMaulUK
02.05.2014 , 02:34 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
This. No matter what rewards or incentives they try to offer, ranked pvp will repeatedly fail without cross server.
Totally agree. With Wildstar and TESO coming up and I know Wildstar will have X-server at launch, this must be priority. Its just a shame Bioware feel the need to avoid answering this.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Lord_Kavar
02.05.2014 , 04:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
///+1

shotokan_Ulic
02.05.2014 , 07:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw
Thanks for updating us, should be interesting to see what kinda rewards are given!
ULIIC
<Brotherhood of the Sith>