Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
04.01.2014 , 12:11 AM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Let me correct on the basics.

First scenario:
No KOTOR 2, then what?

No Sith triuvirate, and the True Sith return like the did in this game....simply put no need to know about KOTOR 2 to play this game.

KOTOR sold more than KOTOR 2: FACT, which means KOTOR was better recieved.

KOTOR 2 displayed the nature of the force by adding essentially lies, basically have to be bad to be good, or to be good you need to be bad, this is not the nature of the force in any other comic book literally made Nihilistic aproach which was not done right.

KOTOR 2 isnt as deep as meant to be, pales in comparison to comics, books or other media, its just a stand alone title for people thinking heroism means backstabbing, to put simple KOTOR 2 sucked aswell as its fans, its did have good points but the general view of the game was bad and doesnt compare to the Classic KOTOR.

Sorry essense of light, not well said.
Mass Effect 3 sold a ton of copies too, and yet it wasn't well received (specifically the ending(s)). Your logic is flawed.

I would explain further into how you're wrong in just about every sentence you typed in this post, but I can see you are too short-sighted to comprehend the philosophical nature of Kotor 2 and what message it was trying to convey. You are one of those one-sided thinkers. Everything has to be laid out in plain sight for you, and if it isn't, it is wrong. For people like you, there is only good and bad & right and wrong; no in-between, no deeper meaning, no complexity, no maybes, and no unintended consequences.


"Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."
~ Kreia
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

Malckiah's Avatar


Malckiah
04.01.2014 , 12:17 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Happy to hear that the Huttball Wz is coming soon. Seriously can't wait for it.

Question to the Devs, are there any plans to incentivize Ranked PvP? Right now, it's pretty dead because of the lack of incentives.
They really need to put some actual thought into this one, because if they just throw incentives in with too high ranking requirements then alot of people still wont play due to the lack of possibility to get what they want. Then you will still have too few queue's to enjoy it.

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
04.01.2014 , 01:17 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by Malckiah View Post
They really need to put some actual thought into this one, because if they just throw incentives in with too high ranking requirements then alot of people still wont play due to the lack of possibility to get what they want. Then you will still have too few queue's to enjoy it.
While I find this true, they also need some incentives to be high ranked so people have something to reach for. If everything is too easy to get, they'll just get to the required low rank to get it, and stop playing ranked afterwards.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
04.01.2014 , 04:07 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Mass Effect 3 sold a ton of copies too, and yet it wasn't well received (specifically the ending(s)). Your logic is flawed.

I would explain further into how you're wrong in just about every sentence you typed in this post, but I can see you are too short-sighted to comprehend the philosophical nature of Kotor 2 and what message it was trying to convey. You are one of those one-sided thinkers. Everything has to be laid out in plain sight for you, and if it isn't, it is wrong. For people like you, there is only good and bad & right and wrong; no in-between, no deeper meaning, no complexity, no maybes, and no unintended consequences.


"Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."
~ Kreia
Have the balls to respond, or else your point is invalid.

Morally ambigous is not Heroism, thats pretty much clear in any philosophical school present, past and future.

Complexity is something been more complex, Something Wrong with Lies around it is something wrong.

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
04.01.2014 , 04:11 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Have the balls to respond, or else your point is invalid.

Morally ambigous is not Heroism, thats pretty much clear in any philosophical school present, past and future.

Complexity is something been more complex, Something Wrong with Lies around it is something wrong.
/facepalm

I try to explain to you multiple times with lengthy, well thought-out, genuine posts... but each time you ignore everything I say, and don't even consider what I'm saying is true (even though multiple people agree with me, and none with you). All you've done is deny, deny, deny and spit out the silliest, hogwash logic I've ever seen. You truly are thick-skulled and short-sighted.

Whatever. I'm done with this discussion. Like I said before, unless it is laid out in plain site for you to see, you can't understand it.

I could care less what some one-sided fool thinks.

/end conversation




Spoiler
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
04.01.2014 , 04:11 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Have the balls to respond, or else your point is invalid.

Morally ambigous is not Heroism, thats pretty much clear in any philosophical school present, past and future.

Complexity is something been more complex, Something Wrong with Lies around it is something wrong.
Mental note: create a school of philosophy based on morally ambiguous heroism.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
04.01.2014 , 04:27 PM | #397
I am going to make a final comment here, and then unsub to the thread, because the chances of the discussion being worth my while are minimal at best.

The majority of this post contains possible spoilers from the new questline which starts with Tython and Korriban flashpoints. Spoilers pertaining to Kotor 1, Kotor 2, and the Jedi Knight SWTOR storyline have been avoided.
Spoiler
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

QuinnFay's Avatar


QuinnFay
05.06.2014 , 05:53 PM | #398
It's probably already been covered, but: Guilds. When will guilds be on par with other MMO. SWTOR is missing some major and essential features. I run other guilds, so I know good guild design. As I guild leader, I face many issues:

*Guild Mail
*A massive gap between F2P Guild and Subscriber Guild:
*Guild Bank Access: (F2P have to buy access).
*Losing leadership if I stop subscribing, essentially forcing me to subscribe.
*Little incentive to be apart of a guild.
*The guild window is bland and unappealing.

Why can't you give equal rights/ access to F2P and Subscribers when it comes to guilds. Stop forcing people to subscribe just to be social and enjoy this aspect on the game.

Is there some grand reason that F2P guilds are so limited?
Why do you punish leaders who stop subscribing?
Were Guilds an afterthought?

Ultack's Avatar


Ultack
06.05.2014 , 03:51 PM | #399
And when will we get Dual spec?

Having to go through the skill tree each time I use field respec and redo my hotbars each damn time is archaic as hell.
I know the fanboys will thrash me for not liking their beloved field respec but if crap is what they like good for them. Bring the game in this new era, doing things like they were done 25 years ago is only good for the fanboys.

"Political Correctness is the inability to call a cat a cat or a dog a dog. Censorship is the inability to say its all *******"
- L.K.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
06.29.2014 , 02:46 AM | #400
Gear, hahahahaha. Ahahahahahaha. Hoo hoo haa haa lmao ***. Oh wait... you were actually seriously? PSSSSHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOOHOOHOHOHOHOHO HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000