Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hei_Atzfel
02.26.2014 , 05:00 PM | #371
I'm surprised about the lack of discussion regarding the two FP's on Korriban and Tython that say they're going to involve the other faction's players. I personally can't wait for it as it seems to be some new PvPvE thing.

LtGeneralGezlin
02.26.2014 , 05:07 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
I'm surprised about the lack of discussion regarding the two FP's on Korriban and Tython that say they're going to involve the other faction's players. I personally can't wait for it as it seems to be some new PvPvE thing.
If the rumors I heard are correct, they are going to talk about them at the Community Cantina coming up in March. Also, I have heard of rumors that involve a certain character from the SWTOR Comics being involved in the flashpoints.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

MisterBlackJack
02.26.2014 , 05:17 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
If the rumors I heard are correct, they are going to talk about them at the Community Cantina coming up in March. Also, I have heard of rumors that involve a certain character from the SWTOR Comics being involved in the flashpoints.
Yes I heard of this as well. It makes me wonder what the storyline involving said person will be for both the Republic and the Empire and the potential consequences :-D
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

LtGeneralGezlin
02.26.2014 , 05:59 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Yes I heard of this as well. It makes me wonder what the storyline involving said person will be for both the Republic and the Empire and the potential consequences :-D
Well, I've heard rumors of two different characters, one would make sense for the Republic Side, and the other is someone who could be an important part of the next few patches.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

NoFishing
02.26.2014 , 06:01 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
They said the 2 factions will be confronting each other directly, not that players of the opposite faction would be involved. While it would be epic to combine some sort of faction v faction competition, it could simply mean that Republic will fight Imperial NPCs, and the Empire will fight Republic NPCs. Up until now, all previous endgame content has revolved around a 3rd party that both factions had reasons to fight.

Hei_Atzfel
02.26.2014 , 06:14 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
They said the 2 factions will be confronting each other directly, not that players of the opposite faction would be involved. While it would be epic to combine some sort of faction v faction competition, it could simply mean that Republic will fight Imperial NPCs, and the Empire will fight Republic NPCs. Up until now, all previous endgame content has revolved around a 3rd party that both factions had reasons to fight.
Don't ruin my hope!

TheGrassySoup
02.27.2014 , 01:11 AM | #377
Wow cant wait for the new nightmare modes

Neanor
03.10.2014 , 03:25 PM | #378
Any Hours for 2xp of this weekend?

AmphysvenaCorp
03.29.2014 , 08:35 PM | #379
I'm sorry but...open world pvp must be rebuilt and revamped.

I'm not tired of asking the same things over and over:
  • Defect (change to the other faction ie: Republic Agent, Imperial Trooper, Sith turning to Jedi and vice versa).
    You can add this possibility at some point at the end of the class quests so you don't have to create a complete set of storyline quests for all classes in the opposite faction (although this would be AWESOME even if you only add one big "Defection" storyline quest).
  • Planetary Access
    Ability to visit all planets in both factions (Coruscant, Korriban, Tython, Hutta, Dromund Kaas, Ord Mantell) and I'm NOT talking about the upcoming PVP Operations.
  • Open World PVP Improvements
    Add rewards for Open World PVP, including dailies, armor pieces and weapons and so on. A commendations system should be instated. Additionally, enable open world pvp in Korriban, Taris, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, Tython, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra and Hutta.
  • Open World PVP Ganking Penalty
    This has been added to other games with incursions in enemy territory like Aion. You get penalized for killing enemies under a certain level. Temporary restrictions and penalties may apply if rendered necessary. I'll leave this to the devs imagination.
  • Droid and Jawa races
    I don't need to explain this as it's self-explanatory. Playing as a droid would be awesome. And no, the Series Cybernetic armors are not it. I mean playing entirely as a droid, equipping parts and having droid abilities.
  • Companion Influence, Companions restricted by alignment
    In KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords you could turn a companion to the dark side or the light side depending on their initial alignment. As you might already know, this is a very nice feature becasue it would allow players to have padawans/apprentices or even teach the ways of the force to companions that originally were not aware they were force-sensitive. About the alignment restrictions, as in previous KOTOR games, you should be able to get companions depending on your current alignment. Some companions would only join you if you are Light side and some other companions would only be your allies if you are dark side aligned. For example, in Taris as a Sith you would get Thana Vesh if you are dark side aligned, or get Ashara Zavros in case of being Light Side.
  • Bring back the old planets
    Lots of us are still waiting for Manaan, Dantooine, Telos, Malachor V, Onderon and Kashyyyk. Adding a whole planet is highly expensive from the production view, so choose one or 2 of them and throw them at some point of the development roadmap.
  • Graphics Engine: it's too outdated
    When I play Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I just can't help but to think: damn SWTOR with this graphics engine would just be amazing! Then I'm back to reality and see... this engine. No, it's not what an Old Republic game deserves. Again, this graphics engine revamp would be quite expensive but othe games like EVE Online have done something similar and they were impressive and are doing pretty good!
  • Galactic Star...what?
    The Galactic Starfighter should be better implemented. We have this ship we equip with tons of modules just to travel from one planet to another and do space battles and then... what? You just go ahead and add an expansion with companions we can't use outside of it and ships that are not the ships we are used to see but also can not be used outside space battles (note: Galactic Starfighter Companions should be available to normal gameplay and not only Galactic Starfighter). Find a way to merge our ship, the old space battles and Galactic Starfighter into one, then merge it with the game in a better way. Right now Galactic Starfighter is like a minigame put apart from the main game.
  • Open World Conquerable Outposts or even Planets
    This would be a nice feature to add to an hipothetically improved open world pvp. Conquerable Outposts would add a new plethora of options for Open World PVPing as Guilds and Factions would fight over the outposts to conquer them and used them as stagging points to further advance their conquest of territories. This could be enabled in planets like Tatooine and many other existing planets already. It's not costly and would bring an entire breeze of fresh air to the game. Think about it devs! Regarding conquerable planets, making and incursion in an enemy controlled planet would be plainly amazing.
  • Companion Control
    With some limitations, I'd love to have the possibility to directly control my companion as I did in the KOTOR series, even if it's limited to instanced areas only.

Please note that these are my wishes for the game. Many of you will probably disagree with some or most of them, some other may agree with only a few of even with most of the points explained here. Thanks for reading me anyways and excuse my english. I try my best!

ZahirS
03.31.2014 , 02:25 PM | #380
We need more story arcs like KOTOR, heroic, impacting all the way...

I know some delusional folk prefer KOTOR 2, I do prefer classic heroism all the way, no middle ground, full on to break baddies.